Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

skell

Members
  • Posts

    585
  • Joined

Everything posted by skell

  1. 15 degrees Celsius
  2. Have you still got the * one on?
  3. Look at chrome://about Thats a list of internal Chrome URL's If you block them all, you'll also block chrome://print, which stops users being able to print.
  4. Yep, but I thought it was to do with a change I'd made here...
  5. From what I understand, the teacher needs to be listed as "Managed by" in AD. You can then set up GADS to look at this attribute to set the owner. Once the teacher is the owner of the group, they can see the group and invite everyone at the same time.
  6. Something like this get-aduser -searchbase "ou=Students,dc=your,dc=domain,dc=here" -Filter * | foreach { Set-ADUser -UserPrincipalName "@domain.com" } I'd test that first. I've lost the script I used.
  7. You set the UPN of each student to your external domain in AD.
  8. Yes, just your external domain needs to be authorised.
  9. Don't get me started on Microsofts flawed implementation of OneDrive. Not everyone wants to sync data from one place to another. We would love to use it just as online storage - another mapped drive. We haven't found a way around it, and to be honest, I don't think we will. Having 1TiB of storage seems like a great idea, but if we can't use it in a way that suits us, its useless
  10. Yeah, mapping a OneDrive this way isn't exactly feasible if you use small SSD's (120GiB) There is a flaw in the WebDav protocol which will mimic the reported drive size and free space of the C: drive. See the attached screenshot. This means that when you add files to your O: drive, the C: drive free space goes down by the same amount. This doesn't seem to be a visual bug, as Windows really thinks there isn't any free space and starts throwing out errors.
  11. Doesn't seem so.
  12. We're using ADFS 3, but this guide works. The windows just look a bit different. Setting up Google Apps Single Sign On (SSO) with ADFS 2.0 and a custom STS such as IdentityServer » Sam Huggill's Weblog Make sure put the certs in the right place. You can use the ADFS Token Signing cert for both.
  13. Do you mean in the browser or on a Chromebook? Browser, EDIT: Sort of, Chromebook, yes.
  14. Very similar - we run both here. Google uses GADS and GAPS for AD sync and password sync respectively. You can use the existing ADFS server and just add a relaying party trust to it. Works really well, but SSO doesn't work for Youtube, which is a bit of a bummer.
  15. You can add the network details in the device management section. https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/2634553?hl=en Try XMA for a licence quote. Ask for Colin Bell.
  16. Google Apps for Education + a management licence for each Chromebook. So an additional £19 x 30.
  17. SmoothWall e-safe works by installing a key-logger on each PC in the school, so I'm led to believe.
  18. Yeah but that would mean telling them I exist and then them bothering me constantly if I don't decide to purchase it.
  19. Anyone know how much it costs? Website is vague as usual...
  20. Got everything working except casting the screen. And this is the one thing I actually want to work
  21. What about the applications? Have you redistributed those?
  22. Try redistributing the image. Is it starting then failing? Is is failing with an error code?
  23. We recently had a similar issue with a C264e. Try using the Universal Print driver rather than the PCL6. Solved the issue for us.
  24. skell

    Year end

    @vikpaw The students won't be gone, just moved up a year. I'm waiting for the LA to get in touch, but I'm assuming the answer will be no, which will be fun!
×
×
  • Create New...