skell
Members-
Posts
585 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by skell
-
Thanks everyone for your input. I went to my LM and explained the situation. Long story short, we're getting someone in from the LA to assist us, and the admin tasks are going to be spread around to actual admin staff. @CAM: I started to create the NAY yesterday, but it failed when I tried to start the new year from the 6 July. Apparently the current year runs to 22 July in SIMS. Joy...
-
That's the problem - the school doesn't have a data manager... I don't think it should be me really either, but that's beside the point. Thanks for your support @CAM. I suppose I'll just have to muddle through... Although I'm more annoyed than nervous at the moment.
-
Hi all I've been assigned to roll over the year in SIMS. I've never done this before, and I don't know enough about the timetable and such to do this on my own. The previous NM did the year end so its been lumped onto me to perform it. Does anyone have any guidance about the information / staff I need to involve in order to get this done? I've downloaded the year end docs from Capita but it's not as helpful as I'd hoped. Thanks!
-
Haven't got that far yet! It's fun to match server to names though.
-
Marvel and DC superheroes here...
-
Exchnage 2010 -> Exchange 2013 Migration - Quick Question
skell replied to mdrabble's topic in Enterprise Software
I followed this guide when I did ours. http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-to-exchange-2013-migration/ -
Hi all Trying to renew our FS cert and can't find a decent guide on how to generate a CSR with a private key. Anyone know? Thanks!
-
Meru Smoothwall Radius accounting and load balancing
skell replied to mjk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hi @mjk I'm trying to achieve something similar with our Meru and SmoothWall, without the complication of a second SmoothWall, but failing to get my head round it. Have you got any pointers? -
Starting a fresh IT Inventory, recommendations?
skell replied to elliot-w's topic in Learning Network Manager
We use Lansweeper. It even picks the serial numbers off the monitors connected to the PC's... £600 for the year. -
-
Whats the Default Website id on IIS?
-
Try this, and let us know the results https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ConfigMgr-2012-R2-e52919cd
-
Printer won't grab IP, but Laptop WILL on same ethernet wall jack port
skell replied to searcherrr's topic in Hardware
Have a look at the port settings on the switch and see if there are any energy settings enabled. On Cisco switches, for some devices you have to disable these types of settings for them to connect successfully. -
You would probably need to change their UPN suffix in AD from domain.local to domain.com.
-
Hi guys Just for clarification, this update will upgrade the clients... again... yes? Cheers skell
-
I gave up with SSO in the end and just enabled forms auth. I don't think the clients are passing the kerberos token properly.
-
Hi guys I've recently inherited an Office 365 setup. I'm not too familiar with it, but I've managed to sync the users up and remove ones that shouldn't be there. External access seems to be OK from from with the school, either domained or undomained PC, I get this error message There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again. If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem. Underneath comes a random reference number which links to nothing. Anyone any ideas / thoughts? The infuriating thing is that it sometimes does work, but its very hit and miss. Thanks!
-
I've heard good things about Serif WebPlus X7. What about using that as an alternative?
-
Write a Disaster Recovery Plan and scare the bejebus out of them when you state in the event of fire / flood / etc you wouldn't be able to restore their data
-
Intranet - Wordpress behind Smoothwall
skell replied to chinesewhispers's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Add these lines to your wp-config file. define('WP_PROXY_HOST', 'IP'); define('WP_PROXY_PORT', 'PORT'); -
Creating exam accounts and locking desktops and laptops down
skell replied to leewakelam's topic in Windows 7
We use laptops with Ubuntu installed. Everything stripped out apart from gEdit. -
No problem Here's the link for 11.4 https://smarttech.com/gb/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Admin+Software/Software/SMART+Notebook+collaborative+learning+software/Previous+versions/SMART+Notebook+11_4+Win+admin
