Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobFuller

Members
  • Posts

    854
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobFuller

  1. For shared devices we target apps at the machine so device groups rather in user groups so we know all the applications are already installed on the machine.
  2. Just had the same request come up here. Was considering one of these OBSBOT Tiny 3 Series - AI-Powered Spatial Audio 4K PTZ Webcam on a tripod or wall mount, looks a swish solution without to much complexity and cost. Just wondered if OP made any progress? (we dont need HDMI out)
  3. Yeah these things are not robust enough and can echo @iSteve experiance. Apparently, a new unit is in development that should resolve these issues, but there is nothing concrete yet.
  4. Excellent work! Think this needs to be added to my development plan 😄
  5. This is a good shout, just looking at a Osmo Pocket for Drama recoding. Currently using a Canon SLR but its way overkill for there needs and the 30 minute limit is annoying for them as they just leave it running.
  6. It doesn’t meet your standalone requirement, but for what it’s worth we’re using Samsung Galaxy Tab A11 (8.7") (sub £100) tablets enrolled in Intune and locked down to just OneDrive and the Camera app. Nice and simple, fully managed, and wireless syncing works well, you can still plug the device in via USB and copy files off.
  7. Thanks for the update @LewRichAIM this is very interesting. I've been considering this on and off for sometime now and wondered how FreeRADIUS could interactive with Microsoft Cloud PKI to achieve this as you have been testing. Be interesting in seeing how you have device authentication via Entra ID and FreeRADIUS setup. For reference closes SaaS I got at a reasonable price was Foxpass, Advanced Radius with Certificate + Extended Logs 1000-2499 users around £3500 depending on currency/exchange rate etc. (There are UK resellers).
  8. In house install of Axis Audio
  9. Nice, this is a new switch so wasn't around when we did our refresh however I do have one which was free as part of a beta test 😏 The fans can be a little nosy would be my only complaint, some locations this was an issue however swapping in some Noctua fans made them silent which Cambium didn't seem to fussed about us doing. 👍
  10. @Andycat I’m currently running around 90 Cambium APs and nearly 70 Cambium cnMatrix switches, if you have any questions or what to chat let me know. MG‑LAG is coming to the cnMatrix 3000 series, which is good news if you’ve specced these at aggregation, got shown this at BETT. That said, at the edge I don’t personally feel it’s essential. We run dual fibre links back to our core, which is split across two locations on our site, and simply rely on STP to handle path selection. If a switch fails, the alternate route comes up almost instantly and everything just carries on, no fancy stacking to achieve resilience. I’ve been really impressed with Wi‑Fi 7 performance. I notice very little difference between a hard‑wired connection and a 6 GHz wireless link, with both achieving multi‑gig throughput.
  11. I agree, hate automated names. We always ensure autopilot names are correct for their intended role and location.
  12. I cannot recommend OSDCloud enough. It’s an incredibly clean, modern deployment solution, and coming from nearly a decade of working with SCCM/MECM, the simplicity of configuration and especially the way it handles drivers is honestly refreshing. The whole process feels lighter, faster, and far less cumbersome compared to the traditional on‑prem setup. I’m particularly interested in experimenting with Option 59 for HTTP Boot to completely remove the need for any local infrastructure during deployment. The idea of being able to network‑boot straight into an OSDCloud environment without maintaining PXE servers or DP infrastructure on‑site is really appealing.
  13. Arbor Workflows might have a solution you can build soon, not today but certainly worthwhile looking into.
  14. Just waiting for the printers to arrive at the moment, using a A1 AMS at home and love the thing. Considering getting one just for the IT department as started printing a lot for work at home.
  15. They pulled the Android app and are working on releasing a progressive web app but thats some months out ..
  16. I spoke with Every — it seems a significant amount of data was moved yesterday, which may not be a coincidence.🤔
  17. Yes but on iPhone, I wondered why it couldn't find it on Android!
  18. Anyone else having trouble with the app? It doesn’t seem to work behind our firewall (no traffic showing), but works fine over mobile data. I ran out of time to investigate properly, but I did notice the same cert error on the root address, so thought I’d ask if anyone else is seeing this.
  19. We’re looking at purchasing several Bambu Lab printers and I’m considering whether to enforce the use of the fleet management (local) software rather than the cloud platform. The main reason is usability for multiple staff members — it avoids sharing accounts and makes printer access easier to manage. I’m aware this means losing phone access and having to export jobs from the desktop software and manually upload the files, but that feels like a reasonable trade‑off. From a GDPR and security perspective, I’m more comfortable with this approach, particularly regarding camera access and general data security. Overall, it seems like a cleaner and safer setup for a multi‑user environment. Would be interested to hear how others have handled this.
  20. This is the way! I also spun up a server with windows deployment services and just popped the WIM file from the ISO image as the boot image, saves using USB drives for mass rebuilds. There are also ways of hosting this in the cloud and using HTTPs boot (device support required) but not dug into this yet.
  21. Not seen any issues as a result of 25H2 update across our estate.
  22. I've been looking at one of these hardware wise, should tick some DIY options with PoE 😎 https://avpartsmaster.co.uk/interactive-solutions/iiyama-101-prolite-tw1023asc-b2p-touch-panel
  23. I've certainly been questioning recently if net2 is worth continuing with new installations. I've had a couple of failures recently which has been expensive. Problem I face is we use our ID cards with multiple systems so using anything other than mifare is problematic. What's the workflow like for enrolling cards, can it pull these from other systems, sync or API?
×
×
  • Create New...