Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobFuller

Members
  • Posts

    854
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobFuller

  1. We are seeing intermittent problem with this aswell.
  2. Windows Defender and Lightspeed, we've seen this issue too! Sounds like a Lightspeed bug 🤔
  3. Sounds like it might need a factory reset to regain access then attempt a sync if you can get some downtime.
  4. I can't help feeling this is one of the worst possible outcomes. The inability to split cnMaestro between buyers creates a significant problem for the enterprise business. If Airspan retains ownership of cnMaestro, who is realistically going to acquire or invest in the enterprise networking side? The value of the enterprise portfolio isn't just the hardware, it's the management platform that ties everything together.
  5. Go to Switch Group Configuration > Management > Administrator Access. This is where administrator accounts are configured for switch access. From your description, it sounds like the configuration being pushed to the switch is causing it to lose connectivity to cnMaestro Cloud. When this happens, the switch cannot verify the new configuration and automatically reverts to the last known good configuration after approximately 10 minutes. I'd start by checking anything that could affect the switch's management connectivity, particularly the management IP address, VLAN assignment, default gateway, and DNS settings. An incorrect management VLAN is often the culprit. It's also worth verifying that the uplink ports are configured as trunks and that all required VLANs are being passed to the switch. If the management VLAN is not available on the uplink, the switch will lose access to cnMaestro Cloud as soon as the new configuration is applied. For what it's worth, I've migrated a test switch to local management without any issues or reboot requirements. However, the switch had a relatively simple configuration, so I wouldn't assume every migration will be quite as straightforward.
  6. Supply and demand 😔
  7. Just found this in the Cambium community Forums that might be of interest to some Hosted cnMaestro controller for Cambium networks, with guided migration · CloudWLC pricing looks OK but do you own diligence.
  8. I've tested migrating one switch and, to be fair it wasn't too bad. For now I'm going to hold fire, hope for the best and rely on what is clearly a certified business strategy.😄
  9. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I noticed that switches and APs on the same VLAN as the controller appear to auto-discover for onboarding, which is quite neat. It might not matter if we can't add any more devices after the 1st (note to self: get the spares added before then!), but it could save someone a bit of time.
  10. I know they had a UK company registered but I thought this was headquartered in the US so I'd expect a statement out of there?
  11. What issues are you experiencing? We've had a number of reports of performance issues on our HP EliteDesk devices. Initially, we suspected OneDrive sync activity, particularly where users have large numbers of files and folders synchronising. Interestingly, the issue appears to be affecting office-based EliteDesk machines only, while laptops seem largely unaffected, which is making it more difficult to pinpoint the root cause. Our affected devices are primarily 10th Generation Intel-based EliteDesks. I'd be interested to know whether you're seeing similar symptoms and if you've identified any common factors.
  12. @chekmate1984 not HP EliteDesk 800's by any chance?
  13. Lack of shared accounts in Printix is a show stopper for us 🫤
  14. We use Salamander for this, so it wasn't too much of a burden from a time perspective. Permissions are applied during the account creation and provisioning process. To make access easier for staff, I also created a SharePoint web part with the help of Claude, using the Microsoft Graph API. It presents a searchable directory of students and allows staff to open the relevant OneDrive directly. It's been working really well and has significantly simplified the process for our users.
  15. Short term if warranty has paused/stopped they might be worth more at the moment..
  16. Correspondence address, Cayman Islands 🤔
  17. Situations like this remind me of the potential downside of cloud-managed solutions. I'm seriously considering grabbing the cnMaestro On-Prem download and keeping it in reserve before anything changes. Having a self-hosted option available could prove valuable down the line.
  18. Over PC Hive?
  19. @psynegy Can I ask which manufacturer and MFD models you are currently using? Ricoh have advised that if we move to SAML 2.0 authentication, username and password sign-in via the embedded application will no longer be supported. RFID authentication will continue to work as normal. I’d be interested to know whether you have encountered this limitation and, if so, how you have addressed it.
  20. This might help you, https://specopssoft.com/blog/user-must-change-password-at-next-login-azure-ad/ I think it might be a option in the GUI now as well.
  21. We don't use captive portals at all, just 802.1X authentication. It can be a bit of a pain on Android and Chrome devices, but otherwise it's worked well for us. Like you say, once it's in place it's very reliable. We haven't had too many issues with account lockouts either, although our lockout policy isn't particularly aggressive. Since moving almost everything over to Entra ID and enforcing MFA for all users, we've found that provides a much better security trade-off. In terms of our risk versus disruption assessment, it's been the right balance for us.
  22. Currently RADIUS auth via NPS, Accounting to Fortinet (via agent) however still researching non expensive solutions to cloud auth via Entra. Whats not working for you?
  23. We've deployed a large number of APs and cnMatrix switches (Supported by Redway) and have been very pleased with both the hardware and the support. Happy to answer any questions based on our experience. My only criticism is that I'd like to see the Pro licensing tier broken down into more flexible options. With the number of devices we have, the cost was difficult to justify. That said, the free version is still very capable and has provided everything we need.
  24. Which version are the 86" Prowise screen?
  25. Purchased Splashtop Business to fill a void when we went fully Intune. Works well at a decent price, nice wide platform support. Easy enough to roll out with SSO support too.
×
×
  • Create New...