RobFuller
Members-
Posts
854 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobFuller
-
I’ve been using a Microsoft Surface X with an SQ2 ARM CPU for many years. It’s certainly ready for prime time in mainstream PC use cases and performance from ARM native apps has improved and improved. Happily running legacy apps within issue.
-
Take want you will from benchmarks but made some interesting reading looking at the performance results from the X Elite compared to previous Microsoft SQ3 chips, Intel and even Apple M3 .. https://signal65.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/NewSurfaceLaptop2024_Signal65LabInsights_r1.01.pdf
-
I believe we had a mixture of JPG and BMP images uploading into SIMS over the years, all got migrated without issue. I echo @FragglePete's comments that some aspect ratios don't sit well with Arbor but easy enough to sort at a later stage.
-
I'm reading this as only effecting the Azure platform not all 365 apps, would you agree?
-
Microsoft Wireless Display adaptors are great but we've had high failure rate over the years. Very overkill spec wise but has been very solid in our critical areas (Hall, Head Off, Conference Room) AirServer Connect 3 (hardware)
-
Azure AD, Fortinet Filtering
RobFuller replied to Alawil's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
The empty response is exactly the error we were hitting. I was investigating this form of authentication for our Entra only joined Windows devices but I really don't want to go back to the 30 min timeout days of Smoothwall so may look at 802.1x Auth options via Entra. -
Azure AD, Fortinet Filtering
RobFuller replied to Alawil's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Have been trying to set this up with little success so far, just does appear to be signing in correctly. Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has this working. -
Platform SSO ? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/deployment/dep7bbb05313/web
-
Sixth Form Signing In for Fire safety
RobFuller replied to jonathan.lees's topic in How do you do....it?
SignInApp here for Sixth Form signing in and out, no issues. -
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/azure-update-management-center/#pricing I was looking at this just the other day.
-
We've had a good success rate using the alerts and acting quickly. When confronted in the area they normally own up instantly realising they have set off an alarm. This even with only a small amount of vape much less than is required for a smoke alarm to be triggered. Plus the added benefits of aggression alerts, calls for help and air quality monitoring these are a good investments.
-
We are testing Halo sensors and I'm very impressed and the integrations are excellent. Also like the no on going subscription and has some interesting results with the aggression and key word alerts.
-
Having just completed the Microsoft Azure Administrator course this week just wanted to share how excellent and well delivered it was. Certainly please I jumped on and for the cost was brilliant. Well worth taking the opportunity if you can as the more school that sign on these courses becomes commercially viable compared to many other providers I have looked at before. I also keen to jump on some Microsoft Security training when this opportunity opens up shortly.
-
Have you considered using Azure? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/free/students/
-
Yes it can. What's also useful if you sync your users from Entra AD into SIA they can also pull in prox card details from a custom attribute of your choosing. Think you need to log a support ticket to get configured.
-
Cambium has been working well for us, certainly a step up from a previous UniFi setup. Free cloud management and 5 year warranty as standard and technical support.
-
How long until you upgrade to WiFi 6?
RobFuller replied to TheHyperTechie's topic in Wireless Networks
We use Cambium cnMatrix EX2016M-P Switches with our Cambium APs, great switches with 2.5GbE ports and one management platform if you already have the APs. -
How long until you upgrade to WiFi 6?
RobFuller replied to TheHyperTechie's topic in Wireless Networks
I would be looking at vendors WiFi 7 offerings which should be hitting the market now. -
Migrate from Stream Classic to Stream on Sharepoint
RobFuller replied to dan00204's topic in Cloud Services
As Steve said that's perfectly normal. -
I can confirm we are not paying for scan clicks and are currently in a framework agreement via KCS. This was only an offer for our upcoming renewal which I certainly will happily decline I was just interested if this is normal as they were implying KCS will start introducing this (I have not confirmed this with them directly yet so cannot confirm if fact). Next port of call is - https://find-dfe-approved-framework.service.gov.uk/find/type/buying/what/ict/ict-categories/mfd
-
We have always gone through frameworks before and will continue. This is their attempt of an offer direct .......
-
No I don't want to change my users for scanning, RICOH are proposing there will be per scan cost on top of the rental costs for new machines and possibly existing ones if we look to extend our contract with them. - - - Updated - - - This is what I needed to hear thank you.
-
Just looking at our options for renewal on our All-in-one printers contract with RICOH, I was surprised when they talked about introducing per page charging on scanning as well as printing/copying. Now printing/copying I understand as that as covering the consumables element but scanning, I feel this a flat no and to me comes across as a cash grab from declining printing volumes. I was interested to see what other people's experience was before I do a wider review, is this common across the market at the moment?
-
Are ESS trying to make it harder to migrate away from to SIMS?
RobFuller replied to Ditto's topic in MIS Systems
This might explain why when you come to the end of your contract with ESS you have to provide written confirmation of deletion of all there software (understandably) but also your database(s) including all backups.
