Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. My 8800GT still plays all my games at 1920 x 1080 at very quick frame rates. Pointless buying anything faster at the moment which makes me very sad.
  2. Part 2 - - - - - -
  3. Export file is XML, this is the exclusion code, this might be useful to someone in the future. i have not tested this though. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  4. My Honds Civic has started to p**s petrol over the floor, I am just trying to figure out how to lift it up and rub its nose in it whilst crying over how much money is evaporating on the floor.
  5. Ok, its done. No import feature for the exclusions? May the software engineers at eset suffer with RSI. If Nod32 knackers up my servers again then it will be banished to the cardboard box of shame, along with my collection of windows ME install discs.
  6. How many pages? £50 per page is middle of the range once you throw in the design time. setting up a Joomla site can cost upwards of £1-2K. Last big site I did was £1600 inc hosting. Hosting I would take car of yourself, netpivotal will sell you a developers account to host 8 sites, charge the school the whole amount which is still cheap for hosting. You can charge to the school and sell on the rest of the hosting to other customers. win win win
  7. Thanks, I had done the exclusion list, and the server worked well until today. Does the evil monkey pointing at Eset. http://purpleentertainmentonline.com/Evil_Monkey_301.gif
  8. I love wordpress for ease of use and modification. Great results minimal effort = win.
  9. Thanks, now do I install this again with the latest version on the off chance that it will kill my server again?
  10. What the hell is is it with this ****ware? My second server (which has all the exceptions manually put in) decided today that it would not let me log onto it, either remotely or locally. After an hour of trying various fixes (resulting in 6+ reboots) I decided to uninstall nod32. Bingo its now a happy server. Anti virus software for servers needs to be bullet proof, its why these solutions typically cost 10 x as much as the consumer versions. This pile of poo has caused all of the failures on my servers over the past year, in excess of 10 server hangs which personally is 10 too many for a server level product. Yet this is what county insist we use
  11. The Sony DSLRs have cash back at the moment and PC pro rates them. My little d40 can take some pretty good snaps but is no where near the quality of my 50D, then again my d50 set up cost 15 times as much. Compacts don't even come close to a DSLR.
  12. £30 per hour for anything computer related, £25 call out charge. £50 per page for websites with a minimum of £200 to include design. I don't get lots of work but then again I when I do it pays well. The web design business is far more profitable than computer fixing, usually working out at £300 - £1500 per job with 95% profit margin.
  13. A word on value, Netpivotal will host 8 sites with 20 sub domains, 12gigs of storage, 160gigs bandwidth, 10 sql databases with all trimmings and top tech support for £9 per month.
  14. I saw this and I have no idea why it would explode like that, unless the alcohol evaporated and sparks from the metal ignited it, though I feel this would be unlikely at best. Hell of an explosion though.
  15. I would check the mouse and keyboard. Sticky buttons can play havoc.
  16. Yes degaussing the teacher should definitely work, 240V using unshielded copper wire will work well.
  17. Xvid gets my vote.
  18. I really hate the lack of any common sense with regards to the illogical and reactionary way certain things are dealt with. If I am eating a bacon Sarnie, its a safe bet that i am not a Muslim terrorist, as went a conversation I had awhile back while eating pork and being searched by a PC PC.
  19. The intelligence [sic] services would find it a whole lot easier to justify their pay cheque if they did.
  20. Well done, only another 4 before you catch up with me. Practical tip, always make sure that life continues as normal when baby is sleeping. I have obeyed this golden rule with all my kids and they will sleep through everything. My 4 month old you can hover around and he won't stir. Oh and those tax credits rock, you get extra for the first year after birth, apply now!
  21. Promethean do a buy 10 for £10 each (£100) or you can buy them singularly for £33 each, they might have bigger discounts for larger orders.
  22. Slipstreaming is allowed. I see this as bending the rules, you cant install something you don't have a licence for.
×
×
  • Create New...