-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
[pics] Look what you have done to my car !!
ICT_GUY replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Internet Rule 34 -
Ahhhwwww really? Oh well must have slipped past my radar.
-
This just made me do a double take. Basically a family photo was taken from a social website and used in a foreign shop window bigger than life size.
-
I will in fact make those changes, thank you. I am down to 16 errors now, though the rest are embedded in the Theme and I will have to sit there and go through it (or wait for the next update). (update) This is quite Cathartic, I am tracking down errors on the school site now and getting much better at spotting them.
-
I should point out that some of the standards broken I have no intention of fixing. Links wrapped round some headings for one. It does not meet the standard but it works in all browsers and achieves something that I want. (this accounts for a fair proportion of the errors in fact). And the clincher? http://www.whitehouse.gov/ Even the most high profile American website fairs worse than me. Is it about time to get of that high horse and climb back under the bridge.
-
I have a script that fixes that. actually is a reg file, works with students credentials too. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components] "DeskHtmlVersion"=dword:000000 "DeskHtmlMinorVersion"=dword:00000005 "Settings"=dword:00000001
-
The point that was being made with a sledge hammer was that when RingOfFlame went a trolling by saying that "Your site does not validate. Not a good start." and so inferring my web design skillz were somehow inferior with just 19 errors is that is pretty hard to get a site to validate, so hard in fact that the validation site fails spectacularly with 148 errors.
-
[pics] Genuine DVDs Vs. Pirate DVDs
ICT_GUY replied to computer_expert's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I tell you what, if I could copy a Lamborghini for 100th the cost of a real one and it would actually work better and go quicker? -
[pics] Genuine DVDs Vs. Pirate DVDs
ICT_GUY replied to computer_expert's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I love a decent film, I have hundreds of DVDs. The quality of the DVD is usually pants for the reasons show perfectly in that picture. But the quality of some of the releases lately just beggars belief. Example. I love my Zombie movies. Zombies of War sounded right up my street, but I checked it out first before handing over £10 at ASDA, only to find out that it was a renamed earlier low budget flop that had nothing to do with zombies which was slated by every reviewer. Now that's criminal. -
Yes I checked the code on my site that it was flagging up as wrong. Mainly stuff like clickable headings ect. Centred headings also are not liked.
-
Neither does CNN.com and their budgets are a lot bigger than mine. And please dont get me started on Edugeek 19 errors for my site compared to a whopping 87 errors for edugeek with 28 Warnings !
-
Justifying premiums? I justify my premium by the fact that I get well paid and my customers are happy Work smart not hard.
-
You would be surprised what people will pay a lot of money for. CMS and template tweaking allows for some hefty profit margins and very happy customers. Not to mention some insanely quick turn around times.
-
I would think carefully about how you charge. I have done a few sites for the county. Hourly rates have to be accounted for. Bean counters like to know what they are paying for. This equals happy per page (they can count the pages and work the total out) but unhappy for an hourly rate (how do they know when you worked?) . Recently I had to jump through hoops with a load of conditions because I mentioned an hourly rate. Besides you are in it for profit, last biggie I worked on came in at a VERY healthy hourly rate because of the per page cost, got to love CMS.
-
That would be my usual spelling rules creeping in, thanks I shall fix it
-
You can check out my side line here DorsetWebDesigns Generally £50 per page with a minimum of £500 for a site.
-
I have been reading up on .htaccess and by using "deny from 94.142.130" I can block that particular ip range. I will see if it works though the Captcha seems to be working very well so far..
-
Well something interesting has come of this, I now have identified where the spam bot lives and who their ISP is. 94.142.130.57 which is an un-configured webserver. The ip address belongs to CSS GROUP an isp in Latvia. I have sent a request to shut the offending customer down just to see if they will do anything. No bored at work or anything.
-
Just a quick update, The spam was being sent directly to the script, (at least it looks like it is) bypassing the entry form. The Captcha works like a charm, though I am going to try the http:// blocker on my own site.
-
Captcha is working great, 12 in the space of an hour filtered.
-
This is very common. If it happens to you and they drive away, I would drive away too. Or call the police and report them for failing to stop. Also faking a heart attack could be fun.
-
How about adding USB speakers? You don't actually even need a sound card then. These work great. Logitech S150 Digital USB Black Multimedia Speakers 1.2 Watt - Business (980-000029) - dabs.com Or USB headphones. http://www.dabs.com/products/dynamode-dh-660-usb-stereo-headset-4RLP.html?q=usb%20headphones
-
[news] Student runs up £8,000 broadband bill
ICT_GUY replied to somabc's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
The Excess charges on data abroad are frightening. -
Dont worry the debt will be constantly devalued through inflation and the diluting of the pound!
-
Stromatopelma calceatum (feather leg baboon) - all-infos A new pet, fast and aggressive
