Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. It seems to work, I just need to tune it a bit to display properly.
  2. The Larry Vaughn law. When a politician says its safe, run for the hills.
  3. This looks just the ticket. I will give it a try.
  4. This is an a looped non interactive presentation. It just sits there all day showing the same power point.
  5. We have just set up our new weather station which allows live data to be placed on our website. I would really like to put the same data into a power point that runs in the entrance to our school. Its a continually looping power point and the computer is hooked up to the network and internet. The data cam be got at in two ways. I have an application that uploads a .png image to our school website, and there is also a text / data file that I can manipulate in VB. So can I add the info / picture to a power point so that it changes every time it shows?
  6. PNG is a lossless format, unlike JPEG you cannot increase the "compression". Reducing the bit depth and simplifying the image two options. In photoshop you can resize the image (reduce the pixels) and reduce the DPI but keep the same image dimensions. It will just not be as sharp. You can do this with the crop tool by specifying the physical size and the dpi. The downside is loss of detail as a 12" x 8" photo at 300dpi has 4 times the amount of pixels as a 12" x 8" one at 150dpi. Hope this helps.
  7. I have two boys that are waiting to fly back, I think I will wait on the booking. The reason the ash is so bad for the engines is that it melts in the combustion chamber and sticks to everything past where the fuel burns. As for if the crud breaks off at a lower altitude, the forces involved in an unbalanced turbine spinning at 10,000 RPM are pretty extreme, even if them are in the latter smaller radius blades at the back of the engine. Also trying to run anything at 10K through the ash is going to have the same effect as sandblasting it.
  8. Our big colour laser is configured to default to BW and only print colour when the user selects it to do so. Its part of the printer properties of all colour printers as far as I know.
  9. Awesome
  10. No flight on BA until Thursday (estimated) so my boys will be here for two weeks or more! I am not sure I would want them flying when its not safe to do so. I would not be happy with them flying just because economically its better for the Airlines to fly until a plane drops out of the sky.
  11. Works in IE too and through our staff proxy.
  12. I have clicked on a few of them, the man is insanely over the top happy and brought out feelings of anger in me. That's through a direct connection to our proxy using firefox and no ISA.
  13. Our cars are covered in fine sandy powder.
  14. I have my boys over from Germany, they will be coming with me to school next week. :/
  15. I have a 2 megabyte connection already. Woohooo
  16. Might I suggest that everyone start using the TOR network as a mater of course.
  17. Current government is a minority government since 70% of the population didn't vote for them.
  18. I am sorry but I cant see a difference between the parties. I have an intense dislike for Brown but will this be enough of an incentive to vote for the conservatives who I abhor just as much.? So its all about which party is less (not sure which PC word to insert here, perhaps Guano?)
  19. http://www.dorsetwebdesigns.com/tshirt.png Vista print were doing "free" T-shirts.
  20. Pretty much my opinion, As for the Merlin guy! Never has my Avatar been so apt.
  21. Awesome, I had a couple come in too.
  22. ICT_GUY

    April Fools

    Can you send me the photocopier pic, we have the same model. please
  23. ICT_GUY

    April Fools

    http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/TheInternetIsDown.jpg For your Intranet (not hotlinking please)
×
×
  • Create New...