Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Yet another depressing nail in the coffin of collective ignorance. Still we wont be seeing quite so much of fugly Brown, but more of the smarmy git that is Cameron. Time to hit the home brew.
  2. And your cleared inheritable permissions? Also when is the script running? It may not be running under the users account.
  3. When you made the share you did set the share permissions to allow read write to everyone didn't you? Share permissions and security permissions are different.
  4. Current dark ale is a wilkos kit plus a load of demera sugar and that raw dark sludge stuff that is meant to be healthy. It will be very strong and it tastes great. It also has a pot of honey in there for good measure.
  5. Beers need to be kept at room temperature to fizz then need to be stored in a fairly cool room that wont be damaged by exploding beer (you should check the bottles regularly). They should clear in 1 - 2 weeks. they will improve in flavour if left for another week or two. They will remain drinkable for up to 6 months.
  6. I reckon either you did not disinfect it properly, didn't use brewing sugar or did not let the yeast settle (using finings) before bottling. Doing any of these will adversely affect the quality of the beer.
  7. Once you have bought the equipment the price gets real cheap real quick.
  8. What you need for 1 gallon of cider. (just for cheapness) Demijohn (can be had for £2 -£5) or brewing bucket. Airlock (£1.25) Yeast nutrient (£1 enough for 10 gallons) Brewing sugar (50g to 250g for added strength) <50p Bottles for bottling (13p from asda) Yeast (depends on type but 25p - £1) Cleaning powder (for disinfecting everything) £1 Syphon £1.50 4.5 litres of apple juice. £2.25 Method, clean everything following disinfecting instructions on cleaning powder. Pour apple juice in demijohn, add yeast and nutrient and sugar (make sure it dissolves). Put airlock on, wait a 10 days (for fermentation to finish, no more bubbles and for some clearing). Syphon off the cider into your clean pressure bottles adding 1 teaspoon of sugar to pressure it. Put lid on and wait for the cider to clear. Then drink and enjoy!
  9. Or primopdf which is an excellent tool.
  10. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/edugeek/permissions.jpg Remove inherited permissions while you are at it.
  11. Modify the settings under advanced sharing. remove read but allow write/modify.
  12. I currently have 6 gallons of cider (6-7%) 5 gallons of dark ale (7%) and another 5 gallons of pale larger (8%). The cider is made form smart price apple juice (56p litre) with a bit of yeast nutrient and pectolose added (to help reduce pectin haze) . It should taste a lot better that shop brought stuff which is normally pumped full of additives. Its BBQ season, and parties are interesting when home-brew is put in the mix. I have also started using ASDA 2 litre fizzy water containers for bottling (10p each) as they are able to take the pressure and don't need to be sterilised. Also 5 litre water bottles with a 30mm hole drilled in the top (for the air lock) make excellent demijohns.
  13. I didn't vote in the last general election because all of the parties seemed to be as bad as each other. I voted this morning because I am embarrassed by the current buffoon running the country.
  14. I did write a long winded reply based on current and future threats. I pressed the wrong button and lost the lot. Summery, Peak oil = New and more interesting wars to secure the resources needed to keep the western economies going. Serious people are already planning these wars and developing the technology needed to fight them. Governments are currently putting in place the necessary laws to make sure the populace can not or will not complain too loudly, usually on the back of some real or imagined terrorist threat. Personally, I think military spending is where the money will be at for the next 50 years. We will pay for it by taking people off the dole and using them as canon fodder. I would put money on national service being reintroduced within the next 5 - 15 years depending entirely on the price of oil.
  15. Its a waste if it didn't do its job. Its a deterrent, the whole point is that if its effective we never have to use it. Therefore it can be argued that it has been worth every penny.
  16. A very good idea, one I shall implement. I think a text file in the root of the drive named "drive owner" might work well too.
  17. Anti Vir has the best detection rate, far higher than AVG and the upgrade to the full product can be had for £14 for two years (stops poisoned websites and such like). I used AVG for years but it started to let all sorts through.
  18. 15" ? Or are on about the mini notebooks of 10" or less? I am unaware of legislation stating a minimum size, but all VDU's have to be of sufficient size not to strain the users eyes.
  19. I remember that you could write some code in basic to read the roms directly, including all the development team members names.
  20. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/spinal_tap_amps.png got to love XKCD
  21. Server 2008 and xp here, looking into buying win 7, as in giving it a slight nod in its direction and acknowledging its existence.
  22. Gmail in the uk was already being used by another company that kicked up a stink when goggle moved in.
  23. I just bought another little canon compact that seems great for the price. Canon PowerShot A1100 IS Digital Camera - Silver 2.5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo works well and takes pretty decent snaps.
  24. Virtual Floppy Drives I just created a boot cd using old ghost and a virtual floppy drive, much quicker too. You may have to run VFD as an administrator BTW.
  25. CD's? How quaint.
×
×
  • Create New...