Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. I remember one lad making £1million by copying football results from teletext onto a website.
  2. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    wikileaks
  3. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    I expect that its just simplified, one click and harvest info jobbie.
  4. You might want to host this image somewhere we are allowed to look
  5. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    35MB full 7 for the installer, I used firefox and downloadthemall plugin from home and left it to ket on with it (first link only worked for me).
  6. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    I was just interested in what it found after CCLEANER had been through a system.
  7. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    Wiki leaks still has copies for download, should be a fun bit of software to play with,
  8. ICT_GUY

    cofee

    This has leaked onto the net, anyone played with it yet? Microsoft COFEE (Computer Online Forensics Evidence Extractor) tool and documentation, Sep 2009 - Wikileaks
  9. This worked for me, worked a treat in fact and made me look good too. I needed this after a teacher said she had backed up her files in her documents folder right before I removed her laptop from the network. She then came in this morning in a panic saying all her documents had disappeared . So this got her documents back after the laptop had been removed from the network. "How-To" Tutorials: How to restore Offline Files without Windows working We had a situation where a customer had many files in her My Documents which was set to synchronize with her SBS server using Offline Files. Well, her Windows install crashed, and no matter what we tried, we could not get the existing Windows install to repair. This was her home laptop, and she had not synchronized with the server for several months. For many of the files, the only copy was on her hard drive. But with offline files, it does not store them in their naitive format, it is some compressed format in the %SYSTEMROOT%\CSC directory. After many days of trying to repair her Windows, we remembered using CSCCMD command to forcably remove local copies of offline files to network shares that no longer exist. We thought, maybe the same program can extract these files too... and it CAN! csccmd.exe v1.1 download You need to download version 1.1 of CSCCMD.EXE! * Official MS Location requires contacting MPSS: Features and functions in version 1.1 of the Client-Side Caching Command-Line Options command-line tool * Alternate location: http://www.jacksontechnical.com/pubfiles/csccmd_v1.1.zip Use a working computer with the same version and service pack level of Windows XP. Copy the %SYSTEMROOT%\CSC directory contents from the old hard drive to the same location on the working computer. On the working machine, open a command prompt. Type csccmd /enable Create a target directory, for example C:\Restore Type csccmd /extract /target:C:\Restore /recurse Your files will be extracted from their compresses offline files format back to their original format!
      • 1
      • Thanks
  10. On XP it will often hang only showing half the wallpaper.
  11. You use active desktop and prevent changes. Also a script to refresh the desktop when you log on.
  12. My BT line often reports speeds in excess of 100MBS its BT trying to bugger up the testing sites.
  13. Hijack this HijackThis - Trend Micro USA works for me.
  14. The problem I had with joining pcs to the network, "Directory service busy PC joined under the old name" is now history, after I added the exclusion lists to the Second DC. Slightly happier now. Though why this was not part of the install I have no idea.
  15. ICT_GUY

    Peak Oil

    Yes that pretty much how I hope it is, the alternative is scary on a level that makes global warming look like a storm in a teacup.
  16. ICT_GUY

    Peak Oil

    I came across this as part of our eco schools drive. Peak Oil, Matt Savinar, Life After the Oil Crash I knew that peak oil production was coming, I had no idea of the very likely ramifications. Its pretty scary stuff and the only question at the moment is have we already past peak production? One thing is for sure, Life will change dramatically over the next 20 years, but possibly over the next 10. A 5% drop in production can lead to a hell of a large increase in prices. Along with the projected doubling of the Earth's population over the next 20 years, things look pretty scary.
  17. In that case its time to run a pre emptive audit of whats installed and what you have licences for. If your school is like mine then you are looking at a long hard slog. Though its only one image for the entire school. How many pc's do you have?
  18. I have excluded *.log, looking through the exclusions, MS have given best practice though I am more concerned that I do not miss any exclusions and have the DC hang again.
  19. I prefer to do paypal which is linked to my CC as its two layers of protection and does not cost me any extra. Its also quicker.
  20. Yes who are "they"? Is this a helpful "service" or a we are out to fine you "audit".
  21. I have watched one Engineer repair one board, what I observed is that there is a logic board on the back that gets replaced. Its the work of five minutes and they don't run diagnostics just swap them out.
  22. Well it might also explain some other issues I have been having with joining PCs to the network (directory service busy), possibly. I would have thought that some warning somewhere would have displayed. I am still wondering if to attempt to install the AV on the main DC knowing the amount of I will get if it falls over next week
  23. Virus scanning recommendations for computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 This is the typical MS article detailing which files need to be excluded. I have to wonder why this is not automatically set when you install nod onto a SBS server.
  24. I have just spoken to Eset, they have said its down to file exclusions, I did mention the fact that it works fine on my 32bit servers, so they said to install the latest build, add the file exclusions and all should be fine. Now, do I go and test this crud in a live environment since if it goes wrong I will have everyone and their wife coming in and telling me "it don't work, will it work next week, I need it for BLAH BLAH BLAH..>" BTW I am not having a good week, the chest freezer blew this morning and Christmas is coming, both equally expensive and just about as much fun shelling out for. BAH HUMBUG.
×
×
  • Create New...