Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. amending pages to https works for now, also accessing it via a proxy site (you have heard of those right ) but basically if I reboot the BT box, and wait 5 minutes it will start working. I think it's my account that is being blocked, and if my ip address changes it takes the system a long old while to single me out again. Not sure if this is correct but it sure as hell looks that way.
  2. Rapidshare is now being actively blocked by BT. I can access their servers through a proxy but not directly. Bit of a pain really, but welcome to the land of tomorrow. I guess thats the price you pay when the world and his wife use a service for things that might be against a services terms and conditions. https access also works, and the service has come alive again.
  3. Look at where "hijack this" scans.
  4. For 3K I would have dual x Quad cores, 16 gigs of ram a raid 5 controller running 3 x 1tb drives and dual 1 gig graphics cards. He was robbed!
  5. woohoo, the kids are going to be naughty this week and loose their ds.
  6. Very sorry to hear that, tragic way to lose a loved animal.
  7. isbn 0-572-02410-x Wedding speaches and toasts, got mine from the charity shop and its not let me down yet. [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wedding-Speeches-Toasts-Barbara-Jeffery/dp/057202410X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245250490&sr=8-1]Wedding Speeches and Toasts: Amazon.co.uk: Barbara Jeffery: Books[/ame]
  8. Watch out for mercury vapours.
  9. To back up what you have said Vale of Glamorgan - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK And its all to do with reasonable expectations. If I buy a £1000 pc I have a reasonable expectation that it should work well and without fault for at least 6 years. I do not have to prove that it was due to a manufacturing fault at time of purchase. If it fails during normal use within the expected life of the product then it is deemed to have been of substandard quality and therefore I can reasonably make a claim. And for Scan to note "After A Reasonable Time If a fault appears after that nebulous "reasonable time" has elapsed, don't despair. If it's in the first six months, and it's not because of fair wear and tear, accidental damage or misuse, then the retailer must still repair or replace the item. If he demurs, he has to prove the item wasn't faulty in the first place, or that it couldn't be expected to last that long. Often he'll choose to replace rather than repair it. If more than six months have gone by, things change. You might still get a repair or replacement, but now you'll have to prove that the item was faulty when you bought it if the retailer disputes your claim. Where delivery costs are involved, the retailer has to pay them, and repairs must be carried out within a "reasonable" time. If it's impossible to replace or repair the item, you can claim a refund of some, or possibly even all, of the purchase price (depending on how much the item has been used). However, if the fault causes personal harm or damage (a fire, for instance), then it falls under "product liability," which is the manufacturer's responsibility. First, though, go to the retailer; if they're unable tell you who the manufacturer is, then the liability becomes theirs."
  10. Damn you, I have been trying to avoid all references to the longest day, I always find it so depressing.
  11. Threaten in writing to inform trading standards. All goods come with a 6 year guarantee that is the responsibility of the retailer to honour. Retailers keep secret EU law that gives consumers a TWO-year guarantee on goods | Mail Online
  12. ICT_GUY

    Old Projectors

    Its left on for extended periods, never for the 30 seconds it was designed for. I have known teachers to leave it on no show for an hour or more. It damages it by literally burning the LCD layer, it over heats and it starts to degrade.
  13. Figures ROFL
  14. It had me doing a double, and triple check before loging into unfiltered access to watch.
  15. ICT_GUY

    Old Projectors

    We have these, its the LCD unit itself that gets burnt, due mainly to teachers using no show. NEVER LET TEACHERS USE NO SHOW! Damn promethean instructors, why did they show this projector killing "feature" to the teachers.
  16. Bing gets porn domain to filter out explicit images and videos
  17. Nice, I get 8MB down from BT but just the normal 50k up
  18. MMMM, 2months of pay wasted because of this?
  19. Success, £180 cancellation fee waived, finally, You need to tell them you received a text with a link which you followed and it said this at the bottom " Finally because of the 3 Like Home change, it’s only fair that we point out your right to end your contract with us, without paying an early cancellation fee. However we very much hope it won’t come to that because we still believe we offer great value rates and great coverage. " As soon as I mentioned this they backed down without question. Also bear in mind cultural differences. It seems you will get further if you put a man on the phone. Not saying its right, but the guy I talked to changed is tune as soon I started talking to him. Also keep trying, we had 20 knock backs before they gave in.
  20. My wife is trying again, place is in meltdown, constant disconnections, and very tired sounding operators.
  21. I would use a complicated formula involving the ease of the problem being fixed. So that the really tough ones are always weighted accordingly with response time. I would also include every question asked and answered as a success. Talk about a waste of time though, just pick a number that you can increase every year for the next 10 years.
  22. Yes will try again today, I will also be writing to them to enforce the point of breach of contract.
  23. The cancellation dept is in meltdown. Every excuse under the sun, will not forward to manager, will not budge, computers are down, phone back in 3 hours when cancellation dept is closed.
×
×
  • Create New...