-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Windows purgamentum?
-
Works fine here.
-
Pretty much, not tried the vista version yet. The above was what I had to do to get it working, I have not tested it to see if that's exactly what is required.
-
Pretty much as above, you need permissions set so that you can see every folder on the way to the kiddies home area, you need access to the run command for some strange reason, and you need to be able to browse the network. Pile of poo really.
-
Never had a problem, you must however burn a single session and close the disc. Asda cheap and cheerful discs work just as well as high end stuff. Slower burning speeds seem to help, though a better drive usually works better (no surprise there)
-
I have just got to find me some friends from Mexico.
-
Father of 4 with 5th on the way, winter is so darn boring.
-
Swine Flu?? Can IT staff Clean all keyboards at end of day???
ICT_GUY replied to rama1712's topic in General Chat
Get the union rep to back chat them. -
And after checking my drives, if anyone can guess if they are affected they can have a cookie*. *It will only be a spare third party tracking cookie though.
-
My HP drives (in a raid 5 with a redundant drive) have had 3 failures in 6 months, SCL Tech said that there has been a problem with seagate drives reporting to the system a false fail. This can be cured with a firmware update. It applies to enterprise sata drives. http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931
-
Thanks for the appreciation, the kids loved it, though my wife (who works at a different school) just became more despondent.
-
Anyone else awaiting the first Policeman to be diagnosed with swine flu?
-
How to make a bootable USB memory stick?
ICT_GUY replied to button_ripple's topic in How do you do....it?
HP Drive Key Boot Utility - HP Business Support Center Will take a bootable image or Floppy and make your usb key bootable. -
Swine Flu?? Can IT staff Clean all keyboards at end of day???
ICT_GUY replied to rama1712's topic in General Chat
Ask for a risk assessment. Then ask for flu jabs, hep jabs, training, hasmat report on the cleaning materials in relation to being used on electrical equipment, Gloves, overalls, masks ect. if that does not work, I'm sure cleaning those keyboards would likely result in premature failure of said keyboards from liberal application of cleaning fluid -
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5KGVngDPI]YouTube - Stewart Pidkid part 1[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYjaxbqbiY]YouTube - Stewart Pidkid part 2[/ame] One of our teachers did this assembly this morning, it had us all in stitches. Part 2 is a song with him dancing around and signing along with himself. If you have you tube blocked have a look at home. He spent days perfecting this act and shows what you can do with a lot of effort and a lot of talent. I love working at Wyke!
- 7 replies
-
- 11
-
-
LMFAO. I need a sombrero so bad it hurts.
-
I'm just being anti social little troll in my dark cave of an office. Busy keeping away from the great unwashed. So no change there as far as I can tell.
-
Have you noticed the amount of spam you are getting at the moment about swine flu. A pork based product warning you of a pig born virus.
-
I'm worried because I've kissed some pigs in my time.
-
Yes I heard that t he Police were looking into it earlier today.
-
I've just got back from a holiday in Mexico. Upon my return home I found a note from my wife saying that her and the kids have moved into her parents for a month and a message from my work telling me not to come in until further notice. The ironic thing is, I won that holiday in a Carlsberg competition. and A man walks into the doctors' and tells the doctor, "I think I've got swine flu." The doctor asks him, "How long have you felt like this?" To which the man replies, "About a weeeeeeeek!"
-
A friend of mine has started coughing or sneezing into the crook of his arm cause he heard that it spread germs less that way.
-
If L4d taught me anything, you will need an auto shotgun, a few improvised explosives and always aim for the head just to be sure.
-
One of the teachers is off sick at the moment at my Wifes school after being in contact with someone who has recently been to Mexico on holiday. *cough*panic*cough*
