Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Ok this was a strange error that took me quite a while to fix. It was nothing to do with file permissions, but disabling offline files has cured the problem. I found this page. Cannot Rename or Move a File or Folder in Vista Fix - Vista Forums But I did not install the reg file. I can now save and modify files. I shall see if it stays fixed.
  2. O NOES INVISIBLE "ERROR!" KTHXBYE made me lolz.
  3. If you want to get hired, the get your A+ and start to get your MCSE. It's costly but if you want to get hired you need some sort of qualification. Once hired you can move on with a good work record. Working for yourself as a repair tech? Possibly but you will need network knowledge and experience if you want to make a living.
  4. Nice to see Steve Jobs on there.
  5. Our local authority gets queer if you access any of its "services" with anything other than IE7. Want to access your email, unfiltered access, proxy settings, web filter with firefox or Chrome? get the **** out of here. They are still using IE6 as their only supported browser.
  6. i will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks
  7. That's the thing, the AV is not installed yet.
  8. I'm having a problem with office 2007 saving to a network share. I get a file permission error. It seems to be a comon problem, but I have yet to see the solution. I have full read write & modify permissions on the folder. I can copy&paste create, modify, basically anything but not via word 2007. Anyone know of the quick fix?
  9. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    AGHHHHAAAAAGHHHAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA Still not resolved the issue of cancellation, even though we cancelled in writting in december. Latest contact is from a debt collection agency demanding £65. Tarading standards are f'ing useless, so now I have to go to the obudsman before I can take them to court. 3 months, 6 letters, £12 on recorded delivery. Idiots, cant wait till the go belly up.
  10. ICT_GUY

    Jaz drive

    Iomega Jaz Drive 1GB Complete With Carry Case & Cables on eBay, also, Other Drives Storage, Drives Storage, Computing (end time 29-Mar-09 20:41:47 BST) charge it to the guy who wants the data, Iwould add another £25 to see if he really wants the data, my guess is they do not.
  11. Verity Systems Degaussers / Erasers I want one of these so bad, its where your data goes to die.
  12. I have had this happen a lot lately. I cured it by installing the Klite codec pack.
  13. Buy a real PC for 1/3 the price, install mac os on it if you must.
  14. It has options to do everything, including unused space, and dod level cleaning. There is also the microsoft command line utility.
  15. I would be very happy to be able to charge my packs at 12amps on a 12V power supply, 40 amps or more on a home supply at 12V should be fine. ???????
  16. File Shredder Does what it says on the tin, I have tried it with mem cards and it does work.
  17. You mention that special wiring would be required to charge a phone at full tilt. Can you imaging the cable required to charge a 50KWh EV battery in seconds? More than that can you imagine the internal wiring to the battery pack? As for the capability to discharge in seconds can you imagine what would happen if you were to short the terminals on a 50KWh battery capable of discharging in seconds? The arc would certainly give you a nice tan. It all sounds nice in theory, but the devil is in the application. Nice and very true. My flight packs (lithium polymer) are 12V 2200mah packs with a maximum discharge of 40amps. That's a lot of juice, and they can get very very hot. I do hope it works though.
  18. Quad core @ 2.4ghz 4 gigs of ram 64 bit vista 1.7 TB of HD space inc 74GB Raptor system disk. GT8800 512mb graphics Black cooler master case. Its cheap as chips, but runs everything inc farcry2 just fine.
  19. Saw this the other day, its going to make flying my electric planes far more fun.
  20. They were in weymouth last Friday.
  21. Its like the way no one else I know appreciates LOL cats.
  22. I used to be an instructor in 1989 If that's any help. From what I remember the man has to run around the test area to observe you. Just watch out for when he jumps out in front of you for the emergency stop, its kind of frowned upon to run him over.
  23. AWWWW Another minor head ache solved! w000000t!
  24. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwS1tGLB0vc]YouTube - sesame street censored[/ame] Ok, its on youtube and its old, but it does make the point about how silly certain censorship is.
  25. Have you been to any town centre in England on a weekend night? What goes on there of an evening makes her look like a saint. I find it very depressing how people only remember the negatives about people. Just because I don't understand why someone takes the path that they do, does not give me a moral right to condemn them. I usually find that the main reason people look down on others is bolster their own fragile self esteem, and there is nastiness and hatred in world that I really should try not to add to it.
×
×
  • Create New...