Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Really? You cant learn something you didn't know from a book? The mechanism for weight gain and loss is subject to so much misinformation its no wonder that people like me gain weight and feel so utterly bad about it. I felt so guilty about eating, because I was over weight, that when I would eat I would eat fast and feel guilty. The exact opposite to the way you should eat. Most peoples attitudes are very negative. Which means they carry an enormous amount of guilt about food. They then eat more comfort themselves and then feel more guilty. So it goes round and round. This technique is nothing more than trying to break negative eating habits by getting people to eat slower, enjoy their food and learn to stop when they are no longer hungry. The fact that it takes your body around 20 minutes to feel full no matter how fast or how much you eat is a fairly big deal.
  2. I have been constantly drinking 2 litres of pepsi max pretty much every day for 10 years. I have now quit that, I followed the techniques in the book and found it the easiest thing to give up ever. My teeth now don't hurt and are whiter than they have been for years. (also what rings true in my ears at the moment is something said to me a while back "only fat people drink diet pop". The artificial sweetener is pop has also been linked to weight gain. It affects the way the brain works quite dramatically.
  3. That's what this is. Since following the rules I have been eating far better than ever before. Simply because the bulky foods like chips don't taste that nice when you eat them slowly. This is because they are pretty bland. One of things to come out of the plan is that when you start listening to what your body wants it will pretty much ask for foods that it needs.
  4. I have been leaving food on my plate for the first time ever. The only reason that I have for this is simply taking my time eating. As he says, if you are worried that you will be hungry later, don't. Because when you are hungry you can eat. Also, I have been drinking lots of water, not because as my sister in law told me "it fills you up". Quite the opposite, when dehydrated your body thinks you are hungry. Drink water = proper hydration = only hungry when you need to eat. Its so simple it makes me sick.
  5. This has been the story of my life. The thing is that by eating when hungry, your body does not go into starvation mode and so you continue to burn calories at a normal level. It is so obvious that you wonder why we are told otherwise.
  6. There is no will power, you eat what you want when you want. The only thing you have to do is enjoy your food. Take your time eating. The stopping eating comes as a by product of taking your time and not being distracted. So far the only thing I have to remember to do is eat consciously, which in turn means I enjoy my food more. There is no down side. As far as I can see the only time it wont work is if you don't follow the rules. The rules being a hell of a lot easier than depriving yourself of foods you like or eating "diet" food that tastes like crap. But given, the proof will be in if I can undo a decades bad habits. What is interesting is that you say that because of external factors you ate more. This is the difference with this system, if you take your time to enjoy what you are eating you find that you just don't want to eat as much. I always felt so guilty about eating that I would shovel it down my neck as fast as I could, and then ate so much that I fell ill and bloated. I have not had that feeling since I started taking my time eating and chewing my food properly.
  7. Actually yes.
  8. I can make you thin!. Watched the TV program, Obeyed the four simple rules, and for the first time in 10 years I feel really good. Plus, the weight is falling off. My jeans are no longer tight. I can eat what ever I like, and I am never hungry. In fact one of the golden rules is that if you are hungry you must eat. It has been a real revelation. My wife cant believe the change. Even people at work are noticing. This all in two weeks. The rules are simply. 1. When You Are Hungry, Eat 2. Eat What You Want, Not What You Think You Should 3. Eat Consciously And Enjoy Every Mouthful 4. When You Think You Are Full, Stop Eating There's a little more to it, in particular how to eat consciously, which has had the biggest impact on me. But it is little more than eating slowly, and concentrating on what you are eating but also listening to you body and most importantly giving it time to tell you to stop when full. Also, there is a lot about why you should throw away any foods you only eat to loose weight. The book and the show explain it all much better than I. So if you want / need to loose weight check it out. Its working for me and I can say hand on heart, its not a diet, its not hard, and I am not starving myself and I am not hungry. In fact I feel better than I have ever done around food. w00t.
  9. dabs.com - NEC NP100 2000 Ansi SVGA Projector (60002292) £217 for a bright projector. (plus a friend of mine has a projector and no tv and pays no license fee, and can still use iplayer!)
  10. ICT_GUY

    Hp Support

    The only plus point about this is that the array was rebuilt automatically and the duff disk flagged as a wrong un. So smoothly in fact that no one, including myself, was any the wiser.
  11. I have a kingston one, it drives me mad, the U3 removal tool does not work on them either. Its so annoying I hardly ever use the stick now.
  12. ICT_GUY

    Hp Support

    I had a HD go on one of my HP servers, I needed to return it. I think I have a new one on the way, but to be honest, the tech support chap spoke so poorly and in such a thick Indian accent I honestly cant honestly be sure what is happening. I know that companies save a lot of money by moving their call centres abroad, but it does make things hard for those of us tasked with using theses sub standard cheap services. At least he didn't ask too many questions.
  13. You keep one back for me to collect on Friday. This seems a pretty fair solution.
  14. i would just like a small fast operating that was 64bit and just worked quickly and efficiently. All I want from an os is the ability to organise my files and run applications of my choosing. It should also be stable.
  15. Chesil team & weymouth techs are going to be going on the 6:55 from weymouth. (friday)
  16. No end of probs with tiscali. Now with BT, constant 8 megs daytime drops to 4 in the evening. Which is miles better than the 0.5 or less with tiscali.
  17. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/DSC_0021.JPG Is my current 450d and the 18 -200 taken with the nikon d40. It should be noted that the Nikon makes even quick snaps look great even with the standard lens. What the hell here is the other camera taken with my canon. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/IMG_6478.JPG
  18. Had a very similar thing happen to my laptop. I am well seasoned at removing nasties from computers and this one gave me no end of grief. Short of removing the hard disk and then scanning it from another PC I was stumped. In the end I just put Ubuntu on it instead. Since everyone seems to think my Laptop is for communal use this has been the only way to keep nasties off of it.
  19. Depends if you are doing it for fun or profit. I had a similar problem a while back, was a bugger to fix. The winsock fix sounds familiar.
  20. Depends of your definition of good. [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D40-Digital-SLR-Camera/dp/B000KIX65S]This is way better at taking photographs[/ame]. (I bought one for school use and its just so much better than the cheap £100 cameras). However, my camera of choice at the moment is a canon d450 with a 10 - 20mm lens and a 18mm - 200mm lens both from sigma. Now that is a "good" camera but still not the "best" but I ran out of money at £1100.
  21. I wish more newspapers were this honest.
  22. The second you write over data on a hd once the data is no longer available to software recovery. The only way it can then be retrieved is with very sophisticated hardware which will scan the edges of the tracks and try to pick up data left there. (not your average ebay crook) This stuff costs a lot of money, and I would put money on the fact that the quality of what is found will not be the greatest. 2 or 3 passes and the level of difficulty increases exponentially.
  23. File Shredder This is freeware and does a pretty damn good job. BTW, think of the average user, think of trying to get them plug an HD into another working pc and getting them to run a hd deletion utility on it. A hammer is much easier to explain and get right.
  24. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/8858-uninstalling-sophos.html On that thread is the sophos own brand uninstal script. It might be of use to check against.
×
×
  • Create New...