-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Not a bad idea really.
-
Could well be, my other 2008 server works just fine, but its the 32bit version of 2008 and has 4 gigs of ram.
-
Been playing this all weekend, Playing with friends, using a PC mike is just the most fun I think I have ever had in multi player. Its a little repetitive but on Insane difficulty with a good couple of friends is just so much fun. I think we need a few edugeeks curing the infection one bullet at a time. PC Steam handle is Minkey, add me as a friend and have a laugh.
-
SMB 64 2008. I have removed NOD32 and the HP management software, it restarted just fine. I'm not convinced its fixed by a long way but memory usage has dropped back from 91% to 25%. I'm not at all happy with leaving the server vulnerable so I will have to do something smartish as I think nod32 is definitely at fault.
-
Update: Its not the updates that are the problem, its rebooting in general. A few other people are reporting problems, BIOS & Driver updates along with Anti Virus are fingered as likely culprits. So That narrows it down some
-
Either we afford all idiots the right to stand up and be heard or we do away with free speech all together and resign ourselves to live in the non democracy that affords little or no choice in political views. If this had been a "respectable" party then there would be all sorts of chickens flapping around squawking about terrorists and such like. As it is there is a real possibility of people getting hurt simply for belonging to a political group that follows an ideology that the current state (quite rightly) does not like. Unfortunately you need people that stand up and say things that other parties cannot. Who win seats in councils to show the powers at be that there are real problems out there and that they cannot just be swept under the carpet because the current leadership thinks such things don't really exist under the current socialist state. Just because the things they stand for are distasteful does not mean that they should be silenced by any means possible. I am not in any way in favour of any political party, but I damn well don't support those that censor free speech in the name of our safety.
-
What I was getting at, was that for the volume of data, the cost of the drive and the tapes would be more beer tokens than I currently have in the piggy bank. USB sticks would do as off site backup for not much coinage.
-
Too many gigs for Tape. Might be able to use it for User Data but that's about it. I will be buying a few 64gig usb sticks next year, at which point they should be sub £30 I will also buy another external HD for the main DC.
-
Get the home chem set, and home infirmary, it fixes all your ills.
-
After another night of fending off calls I had a brain wave. Since I already run a small business I thought why not use this script> Welcome to Barking Spider technical Support Line. We support Server 2003, 2008 and all Microsoft operating systems. This is also the Premiere support line for our Webhosting and Web Design business. All numbers and calls are recorded for billing purposes. Calls made to this number are charged at £25 per call should you agree to the terms of this agreement. There is also a £10 fee for continual abuse of this technical support line applicable for persistent nuisance calls. Continuation of this call constitutes acceptance of this agreement. Since your company is already registered with us, billing will be automatic and proceed at the end of the call. All fees should be paid within 14 days of receipt of the bill, failure to do so will incur a £15 late payment fee. If you do not wish to be charged the £25 technical support fee then you should hang up now. What is the nature of your technical Problem. I’m sorry but we only support Microsoft operating systems, specifically Server 2003, 2008 and applicable client operating Systems. Since you have agreed to be charged the £25 technical support fee perhaps you have a personal IT problem you would like to discuss? I’m sorry but by continuing this call you have agreed to the conditions of this technical support Service. I’m sorry but due to restrictions imposed on me by the data protection act I cannot give out any details about anyone who may or may not work for this company. Now since you have agreed to the cost of this call shall we get back to the problem you are experiencing? What is the nature of the technical issue you are experiencing? I’m sorry but you must understand, this is a line used for our premiere support calls, it is not available to the General Public and you have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the user agreement. Thank you for calling Barking Spider Technical Support.
-
Same thing happened again today, everything installs correctly but hangs on reboot. Its the 64bit version of server 2008, I shall be doing updates from now ar 3:15 to see if a manual reboot works. The other servers install and reboot fine.
-
Worked a treat, droid fell at first hurdle, kept saying she was Albion Finance. She got very frustrated with the final reply of "I'm sorry, but the information you want is unavailable to you" (when asking for my wife). Absolute gold.
-
Thats being used tonight. Reading through it, its gold, and I'm so going to enjoy using it. I think I will be recording the conversations too.
-
I was thinking of doing a similar thing, but pretending that I was a pre op transexual (taking the hormones so had a deep voice). I am also thinking of getting a script together, like the tiscali droids, that would be fun. Also including as many web meme references as possible.
-
Yesterday, Droid Can I speak to Miss *******. Me Whos calling please? Droid Albion Finance. Me I will need your parent company, direct dial phone number and name please. Droid ITS A PRIVATE BUSINESS MATTER, IS MISS ***** THERE? ME I'M NOT HAVING A PHONE DROID TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I slammed the phone down. and chuckled for ages. The previous one got funny when I wanted the parent company and refused to tell me so I pretended to go off my trolly ranted about the data protection act and threw the phone down on him. The joys of droid baiting.
-
Progress makes things better! Oh wait....
-
Staff proxy, dont get me started, up my life this week. Unfiltered access is now a joke, logmein is broken and for a while none of the updates for nod or WUS worked. Teachers were complaining at why I couldn't download youtube videos and such. The current login procedure is terrible, talk about kicking the out of it. Do I need to be told every time I use the "service" that I will be in trouble if I look at pictures of naked women / men / donkeys? Do I have the attention span of a year 5 pupil? you SWGFL!
-
Very deep.
-
Nice. We have a couple of phone droids chasing for imaginary debts at the moment. The sort who hide behind the Data Protection Act to avoid telling you who they are and what its about. After having them slam the phone down on me several times they now get one of the following. 3 year old talking about her birthday cake. Devil dog recording played on repeat from my N95. A blank refusal to reveal any information on who lives at the address due to the data protection act. Demands to know who they are, a direct phone line number and their name before I answer anything. Banana phone song. Penis is the proper word Song. The internet is for porn song. Me calling for mommy continually until they hang up. (mommy is that you mommy? do you know where my mommy is? This upsets them as I am 38 years old). If they are phoning from HBOS I demand to speak to someone who is not going to loose their job after the coming merger
-
My favorite quite on the same lines was "History always repeats itself because we didn't listen the first time."
-
I wont buy it simply because of the copy protection. 3 installs is all you get, better not swap out that mobo either.
-
I did wonder about this, I thought that I had done so by accident but didn't believe it.
