-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Yes but they will all die early due to sitting down all day doing a sedentary high stress job, not like us computer techs.... doh!
-
Looking at the technology behind it, blocking it might be a tall order. Have you contacted your ISP to see what they are doing about it?
-
This software worked straight through RM's filtering here. Very scary.
-
I bought a three bed Detached in 2000 for £115K (with a 50K mortgage and I was 30yr old) I was on target to have it paid off by now. The house is now worth £250 unfortunately I sold it in 2004 for 168K and bought the ex wife a house in Germany. Still, the soon to be current wife has a interest free mortgage with the bank of Mum And Dad and if you didn't guess already, that's how come I get all the best toys
-
With a 10% deposit? They will bite your arm off! The days of people having a 10% deposit were long gone, its the 100% or even %115 mortgages that got the banks in serious trouble (and also fuelled the crazy house price inflation).
-
Ok I think its fixed, The problem was with the web chaining settings. Looked at it, thought it was not quite right, changed the to networks to all networks and a couple of other check boxes and now it "appears" to work. I'm off to Amazon to buy a ISA book so that I can work out what I did right.
-
I have reinstalled the server, noticed a few things I got wrong. I have also noticed that the cache drive is sometimes unavailable. When this is fixed it still does not serve cached pages though, unless the serve anything in cache box is ticked. I'm continuing to test it this am. This is the demo, but it should work!
-
Odd problem, Seems to be set up correctly apart from the fact that it never retrieves pages from the cache. Well that it if its set to the correct setting of retrieve from cache if valid version of objects exist other wise route the request. If you select retrieve from cache if any version of object exists otherwise route the request then it does retrieve content correctly but unfortunately it never gets updated. Otherwise everything is working perfectly, Its the demo version of 2006 BTW and this may well be a bug, usually MS gives away beta copies as the demo and they do tend to be flaky at best. Any ideas?
-
I would have had her bend over, stand next to the window, bright light ect. http://students.washington.edu/uwisa/images/familyguy/quagmire.jpg
-
You can usually guess within a year or so by the cpu & mobo combination. Also look for date stamps on devices in the PC, CDROMs nearly always come with a manufacture date.
-
http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/trex.jpg Fixed, I hosted on the school site. A T-Rex 450s, lots of fun, been flying it for a long time on the flight sim, finally broke down and bought one. Cant wait to get it flying.
-
Anyone get anything nice for this hallmark holiday. I got one of these. (well actually I got some money towards it.) http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c93f092825.jpg (ok the post is late, but I no longer feel the need to work Mondays.( or Thursday and Friday afternoons for that matter)).
-
Nice, music too.
-
Typical, its the first Friday I have worked in years!
-
One of our cleaners (not going to be more specific as boards are public) is clearly insane. Very troll like and scary as hell. She mutters, moans, swears and does bugger all. She called the secretary a f****** B**** because she had filled her bin up. She moans when I use my bin in the office.
-
[website] bloke finds nazi tunnel in back garden
ICT_GUY replied to Geoff's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
fine read- 9 replies
-
- excavation
- nazis
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
angryip scanner to find free ip addresses?
-
Looking into the SCL sever, my main concern is that it uses standard 500gig seagate drives. Advantages is that at £51 each I can put a load in and swap when they do go bad. Disadvantages i'm going to need a stack of spare drives and they are no where near the quality of the raptors and certainly not even close SAS. Its going to be down to money, and what is going to give me less grief.
-
RM has a bank of servers that share the load. Ours routinely drop out and come back online after a while. If its regular, then when it goes wrong again type in a random url that you know does not exist and on the cache error page note which sever is at the bottom, it will read like this Generated Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:27:04 GMT by proxy-02.dorset.ifl.net (squid/2.6.STABLE12) Phone up RM and tell them that particular server is giving you grief.
-
There is, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "RunOnceComplete", "00000001"
-
SCL Online - X-Serve 300GT - Single Quad Core Xeon 5405 2Gb 2x 500Gb SATA Ok result, seems to be very similar and cheaper, and since we will be buying around 50 pcs from them for suite and the classrooms, it would seem to be the way to go.
-
Yes I know, hitting them hard around the head with my security plus book.
-
I'm having a bit of a nightmare with pricing a new server up. At the moment I have a budget of around the £2k mark. I want (possibly) to buy two servers for this, a second cheap HP like the one I already have (£300) rackmounted bargain that it is (quad core 2 gigs of ram). So the main server needs to come in around £1500 - 1800. I have come up with this so far. dabs4work - HP Rack ProLiant ML350 G5 Xeon 5420 2500-2x6MB/1333 (458240-421) Why? It supports 3.5inch sas and sata drives has an insanely fast cpu but lacks memory. To populate it I need to get some cheap but fast HD's, say 4 x raptor 300gig drives @£166 each. total cost £1800 for near a TB of storage (raid 5). Memory will add another £70 to the cost. I would welcome your thoughts. My main concern is with the drives, but they are reliable, and they are cheap and I can buy spares. SAS seems to cost lots for small drives, SFF SAS seems mad, at even more $$$$$ and less storage.
-
Since staff have been giving their login details to kids, can I have one please.
