-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Its under user config > windows settings > ie maintenance > connection
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
You Know You've Been An ICT Tech' Too Long When ...
ICT_GUY replied to stephenleak's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
When my old microwaves keypad died, I took it apart and then made a new one out of a maplins black plastic box, a grid of 12 push switches and the devils own wiring at the back (there were only 4 wires to address the 12 switches, think along the lines of a hard wired, 4 bit binary input. All were individually wired, looked like spaghetti. I wish I still had a photo. -
Welcome to the nanny state.
-
My car cd player plays mp3 cd's, now thats the cheap ass way of doing it.
-
Pregnant, being made to lift a heavy object? Basically you should not be doing ANY heavy lifting. Anyone who makes you do heavy lifting is going to be in a world of pain should you damage the baby (or more likely damage your back, get a hernia or some such). You can also get a note from your doctor that will forbid you from lifting anything over a certain weight, and no employer would dare go against this. Remember your employer has a duty of care, which means they have to do everything that they can to make sure you do not come to harm whilst at work.
-
http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/turn-on.png
-
You Know You've Been An ICT Tech' Too Long When ...
ICT_GUY replied to stephenleak's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
...you get a smug feeling when your sever cabinets wiring is all neat and colour coded, and you get upset about why the rest of the staff refuse to come and take a look. -
You Know You've Been An ICT Tech' Too Long When ...
ICT_GUY replied to stephenleak's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I could work out win 95 keys in my head* *not so difficult really since it would work if each two consecutive numbers added up to 7. -
Wyke Regis Junior School Website The design is a little kooky as it was put together using a variety of scripts but the content is pretty good. We get a lot of positive feedback from various organisations and parents. I shall probably be moving the whole lot to wordpress or joomla this year to make things work a little better.
-
Do what we did, buy the co.uk version of the domain name, but a redirection script on the old website.
-
No, actually I had to work in the holidays, there was the couple of hours that it took to shut the servers down, then I had to come in another day to paint my office, and wait... nah that's pretty much it
-
Cheap ass ups ones.
-
Sounds good, so I could run an automated shutdown script.
-
I wonder if there is the option within the bios of the HP servers? If there was would this be good enough? Hmmm.
-
Does not say it will shut them down, the servers are located away from my office and there is no way for me to get to them from home before they melt, so its essential that whatever I use will kill them asap.
-
I hope everyone had a nice holiday, I know I did, I even got married. Now I'm back though I need to know if anyone knows of a solution to shut down multiple servers if my new aircon in the server room dies. I friend over the road has a system that contacts you, but I need something that will kill the servers if the room temp gets above 40C as I reckon time to meltdown will be under 10 minutes from failure. Oh and as always cost is very much an issue.
-
treesize pro and Sony Vagas would both make my life a lot easier one is £20 the other?? £250? I would probably ask for another £70 and buy a brand new HP rack server and populate it with large Sata HD's
-
Next thread title which will result in a much higher number of views. Neighbour trims bush and is so pleased with the results shows her trimmed bush to happy neighbour. Roundup sprayed on the leaves will get rid of said bush very quickly too and prevent it ever being a problem again.
-
How much power does a HP Proliant DL580 server use about....
ICT_GUY replied to Steven's topic in Wireless Networks
There are much more energy efficient servers out there, what on earth do you need it for? I would guess at least a constant 200 - 400W which over a year is going to cost plenty, and will heat whatever room its in quiet nicely. If its just as a home server, get the very lowest clocked core duo cpu and build your self a server around that. Add some of those new WD energy efficient 500 gig HD's for £60 and you will probably come in under 100W! -
My friend runs domains.com buy the domain and get free hosting. Basic with no ftp (http uploads only) but cheap as chips at £7 per year. Domains.com
-
Seems to be pretty much my issue. All I wanted was for it to refresh the screen of a client every 5 20 seconds so I could spot any errors.
-
Gets my vote too, quick, easy, has cddb access and just works with minimal foot print. Besides, it looks like the days of downloading illegal mp3s may soon be over. Long live old school mp3 swapping in the playground!
-
Well I stumped up a donation to Lanview3 and got the free beta of the slideshow add on. It looks to be a very useful piece of software but unfortunately it locks my PC up, brings it to its knees even on low settings becoming totally unresponsive. Though the desktops of the target PCS do keep on refreshing! I cannot even get task manager to run and respond to find out where the problem is. I am running it on a dual core cpu with 2gigs of ram and a gigabit connection to the network. Has anyone used this software and actually got it to work properly, and if so what did you do? Any help?
-
Spiceworks, works for me does loads of stuff and its free.
-
Send it for repair, just deny all knowledge of anyone doing something daft.
