Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. Mmm DTs DipTreacles Dozy Teachers Dippy Teachers Desperate Teachers Dispicable Teachers Drippy Teachers Docile Teachers Demanding Teachers Dour Teachers Yep I think DTs will do just fine
  2. alan-d

    Ski trip music!

    I don't know why but I read that and 'Fat Bottomed Girls' sprang to mind
  3. alan-d

    Ski trip music!

    Sounds about right
  4. alan-d

    Ski trip music!

    I can't stand up for falling down Name of artist escapes me at the mo
  5. We have around 20 you can have. May be able to deliver if you are nearby.
  6. Anyone using this software in school. Any feedback on Network compatability, file formats etc would be of help. http://www.techknowledgey.co.uk/cm/new---crazy-talk-5.html
  7. Have a look at NEOS although it may be a bit far for you, but they provide some good courses at half price for schools.
  8. alan-d

    Music Laptops

    Our music teacher would like to have laptops to loan to students with Sibelius installed. I'm not sure what sort of spec to advise him on. I presume he needs a decent sound card and a reasonable amount of disk space and memory. Any suggestions would be helpful, I'm not too clued up on music stuff!!
  9. We installed all the components ourselves on a Win2003 server. It seems to run better that way than with WAMP. We also run a php based Intranet on the same server. More work initially but you get a better understanding of how it all fits together making diagnosing problems easier. Funnily enough I'm in the middle of setting up a virtual server to test moodle 9 out Jona is correct
  10. alan-d

    Teachers TV

    How false were those teachers You could almost hear their teeth grinding when they were trying to be nice A whole day to connect a PC to the network - not long enough dammit!!!! It's way more complicated than that - who filled in the report form? How many days was it lost in the internal mail? You need at least 3 days to prioritise the task and carry out risk assessments Don't give up the day job
  11. Not an answer to your question but I spotted this move the space from between the 'u' and 'i' and put it after the 'y'
  12. Thanks - got that but I'm on a course on 13 & 14th Mar. I may get my 2IC to go but it's also National Science week and being a specialist science college like yours, may not be possible.
  13. Didn't know about any of them
  14. Back to the OP I assume you have put this request and it's reasoning into the department development plan, and when is your next OFSTED due? Personally I can see no reason whatsoever for your NM not to install OO throughout the school. We are toying with the idea instead of upgrading to Office 2007 not so much because of costs but for the reson that many staff are famililiar with the layout which 2007 changes quite a bit. I suppose your school does not use moodle as it's VLE either? Unlike millions of others. I'd be interested to hear your NM point of view on this topic too. Not wishing to sound rude but we do only have your version of the subject
  15. Teksys do a similar thing. Last year it cost us £1300 for 3 servers which were a few years old.
  16. Number 10 Downing Street has approved a petition that was launched requesting a new public holiday falling on the Monday after Remembrance Sunday in November each year. To be known as the National Remembrance. The holiday has three aims: 1. To emphasise the remembrance of those servicemen and women who have given, and continue to give, their lives for Britain 2. To remind people of the importance of protecting our Nation and what it stands for; 3. To break that 3 month period between the August Public Holiday and Christmas when there are currently no long weekends, especially as the UK has fewer public holidays than most European Countries. If you agree to the idea, please sign up to the petition - it doesn't take long - and it would be great if you were to forward the link to other people as well. If you are not interested, just hit the delete key. This is not just about another Bank holiday, but more importantly about having a designated day to remember all those people that sacrificed their lives for our freedom. THIS IS A NOTEABLE PETITION THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAVE ASKED FOR PLEASE SIGN IF YOU AGREE WITH AN EXTRA BANK HOLIDAY. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/remembermonday/ PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
  17. I was born in the East Mids, I now live in the West Mids and I've travelled all over UK and the world in between..................... Of course I talk funny!!!
  18. ...... and when did Northants become a part of the Midlands then?
  19. No you can't ask - how dare you! I'm not telling you I'm 46 this yea...... DOH!!!!!!
  20. Joomla or e107 Both are easy to setup and use.
  21. Getting back to the OP - yes another old fart - late but got here eventually Where do you want to be in 5 - 10 years time? Can you get there in your current post? Would a couple of years stress be worth it if you could achieve your aims? As for the financial side - would the extra money be used up in travel costs, go to the taxman or both?
  22. I've just gone through our development plan and it works out that for 2 x Cat5 sockets and a twin electrical socket is around £300, but for a single Cat5 socket the cost is around £150. As mentioned above it's worth getting someone in to give you a quote as it will vary.
  23. I use UK2.net and have had 100% uptime for the 2 years I've been with them.
  24. Sorry missed the groups bit
  25. Action Dropdown menu -> Export Then choose the format you want it.
×
×
  • Create New...