-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
This is Full Time and attention to detail is a prerequisite for the job
-
Grumble who? Seriously - congratulations Tony
-
An opportunity to join a very experienced and successful IT Team within an Outstanding School. This advert will not hit the local press until next week so spread the word . The job itself covers all aspects of IT support but with an emphasis on Multimedia/AV work. If you have any questions, post here, pm or email me Audio-visual/I.T. Technician APT and C Scale 2/3(Under LA review) Starting point determined by qualifications and experience. Any training necessary will be provided. 36.5 hours per week (08.00 to 16.00); All year. Actual salary range £14,218 - £16,217 p.a. * * Pay award pending Further details and application forms available from the school. Closing date: Friday 27th June An enhanced police check is essential for this posts. Jockey Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B73 5PT. Tel: 0121-354-1479 Fax: 0121-354-9418 [email protected]; www.suttcold.bham.sch.uk 'This is a very successful girls' grammar school which is also a Specialist Science College. Although the girls are high achievers we are by no means a rigid ‘academic’ school. A pleasant atmosphere, dedicated staff and a rich mix of activities make for a broad and productive education. In February 2008 we were delighted to receive an outstanding OFSTED report. This can be accessed through the school website but the headline comment was: 'Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls is an outstanding and high attaining school, and there is no complacency. Students’ outstanding achievement is the result of good teaching, an outstanding curriculum and the excellent guidance they are given, together with their own determination which is a response to the high quality expectations that are enshrined in the school’s ethos.'
-
Stone computers still ship with XP
-
There's a thread on that very subject hereabouts - where's Geoff when he's needed
-
Nope It's for a job here
-
I came across this site which lists charities and companies that recycle old equipment. Some are profit making some are not. It may be useful for someone here. PCs - Recycled / Special Charity Pricing
-
No matter - they moved the goal posts which now means I have the info I need.
-
I'm looking for an example job spec for a trainee ICT Technician/AV technician. SMT are discussing the possibility of having a trainee ICT technician with some AV skills. Something on the lines of: Anyone have a Job Description that includes both ICT Tech and something on the lines above? Secondly - what rate of pay would you expect such a post to pay? Many thanks
-
Anyone got an alternative site to download the Image Slideshow module for moodle? The One via the moodle site seems to be down and I was hoping to install it during half term. Thanks in advance
-
SCL Online - First Class Service and Delivery
alan-d replied to ctbjs's topic in Recommended Suppliers
SCC did the Laptops for Teachers. It's easy to confuse the 2. -
We use Frontweb Services who can also do any electrical work and office refurbs if required. Not sure they do a maintenance contract but we have not had to call them out for anything. Tel 024 76673322 Based in Coventry but cover the UK. They are a subcontracting company to JBC Computers http://www.jbc.co.uk/ who will do the maintenance contracts. It's up to you whether you contact them direct or go via JBC either way you will get the same engineers
-
Good news as long as Stone lead the way and don't let Rock continue as they were just prior to them going bust.
-
I found a version on Youtube YouTube - Tom Mabe funny phone call
-
I still prefer this method http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/ It may be blocked by some filters.
-
We havn't had that but we have had the "When can we come and install our demo software for you to look at? " Answer :- You can't!!!
-
The annoying thing is that half the time they actually know the individuals name but still send it to my email addy on the assumption I'll pass it on
-
Oi - that was my question - find your own
-
Over the last 12 months or so I've noticed an increase of emails to my inbox. Nothing unusual except that half of it starts off: FAO {name of individual or head of dept} All companies that do this please note: I DO NOT WORK FOR YOU - I WILL NOT FORWARD ALL YOUR EMAILS FOR YOU - IT WILL BE ADDED TO THE JUNK MAIL FILTER AND DELETED - YOU HAVE JUST WASTED YOUR TIME! Just another point - Why would I deal with a company that cannot be bothered to find a correct address or the correct individual to do business with. Hardly an advert for your committment to a prosperous working relationship is it? [rant over]
-
Does your NM know about this site? That may help, rather than try and muddle his way through to a cure. At the very least he'll see that he is not alone as many of us have gone through similar experiences. Does your LEA offer technical assistance in the form of hiring a technician for a short period? This would help your NM. He can only work long hours for a short period before mistakes are made and he ends up taking 2 steps back to rectify a problem. Keep the questions coming.
-
We may have a trainee vacancy soon too - just waiting for the go-ahead
- 7 replies
-
- birmingham
- it technician
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
IBM Lenovo ThinkCentre Special Offer Edugeek Members Only!
alan-d replied to Haptic's topic in Our Advertisers
And the Warranty? 1, 3 or 5 yrears? RTB or NBDCA? -
How about: - Printers Service Packs PDAs Other IT Equipment (Such as Visualisers, IWBs,) But they may be covered under hardware so not sure about this one.
-
If I could afford the drop in pay and move house, I'd be tempted just to have easy access to the many walks around the Lakes But I can't
