Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. My spelling sorry for the thread title
  2. If you tell lanschool you are migrating from a competetor you get it even cheaper. Your not locked in to support either
  3. as it happens that's the one I was looking at
  4. Its been 9 years since I have purchased any so not sure how the tech might have changed. I would prefer if the splitter worked with windows media player windows 7 to play dvds as my current ones do not work. but it is not essential as I have installed vlc player that gets round this issue. Thanks in advance
  5. order placed with BT Business direct should be here monday
  6. Thanks for that : came in after lunch to the ups moaning and the battery light glowing like a christmas treeI hope we don't have any power issues this weekend too late to get one today
  7. Has anyone done an online replacement of a ups battery APC smart-ups 3000 Also would like a quote anyone know a good quick shipping supplier.
  8. found is Protection & Security for Self-Service Kiosk Terminals and Digital Signage Player PCs: FrontFace Lockdown Tool for Windows it is free also it can replace the shell with wordwpad exactly what I need you can change the shell to anything you like removes ctrl alt del and shuts the sound off too on my first attempt I locked myself out of the machine oops but if you go into safemode with command prompt you can run the software to remove the settings no big issue really. hope it helps someone else out
  9. +1 for Seagate drives are bad over 1tb our buffalo terastation is now sat in a cupboard doing nothing did not trust it (Seagate drives) must get it going again with some new drives
  10. what I do here is surname and first initial if we have 2 of the same we use the first three letters of the firstname eg smithj and smithjac then I store the students in the year of intake NI2015 ni2014 this has worked well for many years no messing around with the year they are in. 2pence worth
  11. Not sure why im here at this time.
  12. How would you lock down a windows 7 pc so that the only thing a student can do is use word pad as a dumb word processor. Just want to get ready for the next set of exams as i know this will come up. What i come up with so far Was thinking of setting the shell to wordpad.exe Gpos to let only wordpad run Could do with steady state but thats for xp
  13. Trip down memory lane The days when an os setup fit on a couple of floppys A friend of mine run Spidersoft He wrote software for the arc Did my work experience at a repair company that had arcs just so i could blag a copy of risc os 3
  14. After a 30 second scan does this mean state schools are covered by the government.
  15. Just been promoted and wanted to check what licences the school need to be legal. playing music tv clips etc. have ERA but cant find anything else yet anyone have a check list that I can work through. thanks in advance
  16. thanks for that I was going to look at the sigs
  17. do you redirect app data FN-GM I have the issue of any view changes and signatures not saving due to appdata not being redirected
  18. I was wanting to spuce up our mrbs booking system with a little css has anyone got a theme they might like to share. The CSS book is on the shelf and I can not force myself to pick it up and read it. (LAZY)
  19. subscribed very interested
  20. with youtube I have found that this happens when you do not have any speakers or headphones connected
  21. Hey mattx free training software clickbait its like sending an all staff email with the subject free resources.
  22. Same stuff happens for fms change printer and then back again
  23. Looks like you have it sorted now.............
  24. Can i point you to the mrbs support pages as they always figure out any issues quickly. Meeting Room Booking System / Support Requests Post your issue here and the team will help you out
×
×
  • Create New...