Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. yes it is I am scouring the charity shops for ps2 games at the moment its like a hobby
  2. Thought I would have a go on the old ps2 nestled underneath the tv. Played killzone campaign again and to be honest for the spec of the machine it was a good game. Played for 3 hours while the wife was out and then she shouted at me for not doing the washing up . What are you fav ps2 games? Also does anyone have a ribbon cable for the ps2 controller ports as my 2nd ps2 controller ports are fubard
  3. Just downladed pdq and it updated java on 18 p4 2.8 gx280s in 5 mins it seems to work really well. Yes they are old but it was a good test. It also appears to block the auto update of java too which is good I am going to buy this for a year and see how much time it saves me.
  4. Ring up get a super hub 2 or close account. Sh1 were bad Set to modem only and get a linksys wireless router.
  5. never got anything back when we used smartwater I now use a good old engraver to etch the details onto all equipment. they cant take stuff to cash convertors or cex anymore
  6. Had same issue quicktime install fixed it for me
  7. Oh yes I have those wipe the egg off the face moments and hope no one sees your post
  8. Do not install solus 3 client on the machine you will be in a world of pain then next time you upgrade. Solus 3 works perfectly fine once you have imaged you pcs.
  9. I would sudgest giving tech support a ring as you run the risk of data loss and that would be a nighmare to fix. Support will have an admin account for use on the server
  10. PM me your email and I will send you the template for students
  11. Been asked for digital sign In system. Would love to try the systems mentioned. Before I buy something
  12. i am looking at gigasoftdatabackup.com they are very good price wise and they remote in to do an install, does live sql backup and files
  13. I have the same plugs. Ensure you dont connect them through extension leads as mine went down to 60mbps Once i plugged it directly into the socket i now get about 400.
  14. I will check solus3 in the morning. Thanks phil for the update
  15. yea it looks like the demo needs activating upon each launch so presume the full version will not do this. Thanks partick
  16. +1 for fiddler great tool to find out what is getting blocked etc. must have tool
  17. PM Sent With my details Thank you Phil
  18. OMG The resolution from capita was change the default printer to the cheque printer. why oh why do I pay for this service. if I select a printer to print cheques I expect it to do that. Very very ***** off right now
  19. I will ring crapita on monday.
  20. The support people have not replied after 2 days so thats worrying
  21. Hi guys Just trialing airserver here and like the product but have an issue with using it with mandatory profiles. i have installed the trial but whenever i launch the trial it asks for the reg code again (it is saved in the box so it is remembering it) if i buy the full version will this box go away? do i need to put anything in the mandatory profile ? im hoping the registered key sits on the pc and not in the users profile. any help appretiated
  22. Has anyone encountered an issue with FMS not following the printing setup defined within FMS under the print setup option with in FMS you select which printer does what function cheques reports etc. ok setup a printer just for cheques do the cheque run and then click print etc but the cheques are sent to the default printer not the one setup within fms this is only happening since the last upgrade. anyone seen this behaviour
  23. the ups is now working correctly, I had to run a self test to clear the warning indicator, thank you for all your advice Rep given to all that replied
  24. but the battery indicators are fully charged. ah well if that annoying beeping sound stops every hour then I will be happy. I will let the battery charge overnight and do a self test to see if it actually works. will post back. I think it does a self test every 48hrs on this particular model.
  25. Ok got the new battery fitted it but the red power light is still solid red at the bottom. I was going to wait till the morning and then run a self test to see if it will clear or do you think the whole unit my be a bit iffy and needed repair.
×
×
  • Create New...