-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
KMS Quick reminder about adding new keys
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Yes we have ess . Am i being thick kms is just a hello here is the key to activate system Why can i not use my windows 7 kms key i am getting so fustrated with microsoft. Office 2010 and 13 kms work perfect whats the difference with windows 7 -
HI all I have a server 2008r2 hosting my kms for office 2010 and 2013 i have just got our kms key for windows 7 can i add this to my current kms system. my server is activated by a mak key (not sure if it makes any difference) Will i need to install KB968912 for me to be able to add the new key first slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx is this correct i have 30 machines waiting to be activated so the 25 clients count wont be an issue its been a long day and i really dont want to break anything today. Thanks
-
putting this on hold until the next holiday even though it should be quite simple
-
this would be a central store then for group policy (if i am on the correct lines here) I was worried about doing this as after reading horror stories on the internet about all group policies going awol after creating central store so if i create the policydefinitions folder in \\server\c$\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies and copy the internet explorer 11 admx files and associated language adml files i should be good to go. this should leave my old proxy setting gpo as it is currently servicing all my users and i can get a new policy created for IE 11 ready for the rollout
-
wont be installing ie11 on a server for a while (see crys for help yesterday) I will be waiting for a week while the staff are off as doing this on a live system is not the best (no money for spare test rigs at the moment) thanks it is all coming into place now all gpos are present but not editable by 2008r2 thats the answer i was looing for. Thanks given
-
Sorry the server is 2012r2 this is my plan of action Install GPMC on the 2012r2 box will my old Group policy still work that are using the old way of setting proxy settings etc as i have not installed IE 11 anywhere yet I dont want to loose what I have
-
Ok I have my server 2012 server as a DC How does the GPMC work with server 2008r2 will the server 2008 still dish out group policy as normal how will it effect the server 2008r2 GPMC will the new settings applied from the 2012 server show in the 2008r2 GPMC Sorry for being dumb but they must be linked in some way
-
After my complete and utter idiotic attempt of installing ie 11 on my server can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to manage IE10 + via server 2008r2 I have a 2012 server Just running DNS and Hyper V for exchange 2010 can this be used to manage IE 10+? We have IE8 IE9 at the moment on xp and windows 7 (xp nearly eradicated) clients How do i add the new ADMX templates while still keeping current Group policy for proxy settings etc I think that i need to create a central store and pop the templates in policydefinitions but how will this affect other group policy? can i install Active directory role on the 2012 (what effect will this have on my 2008 DC) and control from that Machine? I know we have hundreds of threads about this but I am getting confused on the little differences people have? Can anyone point me in the right direction (really dont want to break Group policy again) Thanks In Advance
-
What we do is Laser cutter is a dangerous piece of equipment (in the wrong hands) I contemplated letting the users print directly but decided this would be dangerous so what we do is get the teacher to use a usb stick or a network share on the connected pc and print from that pc only works very well with no accidents
-
Edugeek members have saved my A** so many times Big Thanks go out to everyone. I do try and help others where i can and contribute to the community. We have some really smart people on here, I don't think I could do my job without you all. @pantscat Good Luck You know when a site is invaluable when you type www. and edugeek pops up first
-
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
thanks everyone Remoted in and did the changes last night had an issue with group policy for students not applying but I have fixed that now, So thankyou so much Thanks given to all that replied going to hit the books now to find out how to get proup policy settings for 10 and upwards anyone got any idiot guides i can use -
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
No just the server like a numpty -
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Im sure I can get it sorted but I feel sick not being able to get it fixed right now ah well its not the end of the world things could be worse the entire domain could be borked -
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
So first thing in the morning I need to uninstall ie11 from the server reboot and see what happens with any luck it should revert back to the correct admx file needed if that will not work then push out registry settings to get me going wile I sort out this mess. is this what you guys would do Iexported my group policies the other day will recovering the policy help in any way if the policy wont parse after uninstalling ie 11 -
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
No I have downloaded the admx and adml but dont have central store just the servers local policy if that makes sense -
urgent help required broke ie group policy
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Is ie 11 uninstallable? Also will group policy preferences work for ie 8 and 9? -
Why why why I stupidly installed ie 11 on my server abd broke ie proxy settings I know you need win 8 or server 2012 to manage ie 10 onwards basically my group policy management reports an error parsing inetres what can I do to revert what I have stupidly done This was done on a server 2008r2 Brainless moment I have a server 2012 memberserver doing nothing so this might help I have a copy of the old inetres and the language adml to hand Should I deploy reg settings to get me going while I fix it. anyone have them to hand. we run ie8 and 9 currently on xp and win 7 Cant believe I have done this will gpp work on xp and win7 might need the gpp extension for xp installing first. any help world be fantastic.
-
Teaching Basics of Pc Hardware PPT Needed for tomorrow HELP
round2it replied to round2it's topic in General Chat
today went well students engaged asking questions thanks everyone -
Teaching Basics of Pc Hardware PPT Needed for tomorrow HELP
round2it replied to round2it's topic in General Chat
yea I have a Laptop and A desktop ready for tomorrow just needed something for the students as a lesson starter. Also got a few old hard drives with the top taken off might take up an old hp server to show them the difference between desktop and server -
Teaching Basics of Pc Hardware PPT Needed for tomorrow HELP
round2it replied to round2it's topic in General Chat
darn it I can not give thanks on these posts update Added rep NOW -
Teaching Basics of Pc Hardware PPT Needed for tomorrow HELP
round2it replied to round2it's topic in General Chat
Looks like im gonna have a busy night (i will have to do a power point tonight) Thanks @tmcd35 Cant give a thanks on your post yet -
Hi I have a task of showing some students the components of a pc /laptop tomorrow does anyone have a powerpoint that i might be able to use that has definitions of each part Processor Memory etc (i forgot completely about it) if not I will wing it any help would be appretiated. Thanks in advance
-
Paper cut and follow me printing for Special schools
round2it replied to beancole's topic in Enterprise Software
Yes thats correct. You can customise notices force black only and double sided printing. Departments are resposible for printing costs and the bursar takes the cost out of budgets. Not its problem any more -
Paper cut and follow me printing for Special schools
round2it replied to beancole's topic in Enterprise Software
Paper cuts new release has some new features for users with special needs. http://www.papercut.com/blog/development-team/2014/10/21/v14-3-the-importance-of-accessibility/ Might help with persuading the head
