Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. I have managed to add our old domain to the tenant purchaced codetwo exchange to 365 migration tested and it works great wish me luck still not got round to getting outlook to work yet with mandatory profiles but it I could get it to ask for account and password that would surfice. our prf worked with onsite exchange but tons more to do before I get to that point.
  2. is the host domain joined?
  3. sounds dumb but I have one that will not start unless I do a gpupdate /force on the host give it a go not had time to look into why but it works for me this only happens on 2012 or higher server version for me 2008 is fine
  4. just set static ip on pc and connected to the switch put the cable from the netgear device into the switch also. I know its madness but it did work
  5. our policy is no full names, first name is fine makes the job easier
  6. we have the same issue. and if you goto the adobe test page which is https://activate.adobe.com/test we get a 404 so something at adobe. they have not fixed it yet I don't want to reimage all my pcs just for it to pop up again I have an open ticket with adobe but as usual I get nothing
  7. just got 12 refurb dells and they are better than what I have purchased new. 2 year warranty its a no brainer @ICTDirect_Dave
  8. I am going to move to office 365 over the summer, and I was thinking about having ssl inspection disabled for office 365 traffic as im sure this would slow things down if enabled
  9. did ou manage to get it configured
  10. I had to connect through a switch once before to get a netgear device working worth a go - - - Updated - - - presuming 2555 is a typo also completely disable the wifi card through device manager I had this problem when trying to connect to a switch one time and the only way I could connect through the lan port was by shutting off the wifi card. do not know why but it worked. I always configure aps etc through a desktop these days
  11. a windows update did this not so long back. unless I had a dream about it.
  12. school dumping ground? is it just me or do all schools shared drives become full of random folders and files with stupid non descriptive names
  13. Thanks for that. It is exactly what i thought would happen. But its always best to check. The plan is to add the old@sch address as alias for each user. So email can still be receive if it goes to the old address. Need to get my head round what autodiscover settings i need now. More google searches required.
  14. in preparation for this I was wondering if anyone can tell me if adding my old domain name to office 365 without changing the MX record could I start adding alias accounts to users that I have already created. I just wanted to make a start on this. so all I am left with is migrating mail, calendars and a mx record change to go live in september I am presuming as long as I do not change the mx record mail will still flow to my exchange box onsite.
  15. we use surf protect quantum here. I would say go with exa as they have been nothing but fantastic the connection has been perfect with no downtime since install. the support is amazing they know what they are on about. you can setup different filtering per security group for example we only allow 2 people access to social media sites and it is all done by security group have a chat with mark at exa he has been great and he will answer all of your questions
  16. anyone used messageops mail migration software as it looks ok and price is not too bad
  17. Need to hit the books. Need time to plan and work out what needs to be done especially getting outlook to work with mandatory profiles Being on my own after redudancies is hard and no cpd to help.
  18. Didnt think of that. Just need a way to transfer calendars etc. I will look into this thanks for the lightbulb moment
  19. Hi All I have just been told we must be all using office 365 in September (Great) Current Setup Exchange 2010 with around 60 staff using a @lea.sch.uk address Office 365 is setup for students with a @schoolname.org.uk address this is working fine. I have setup some staff on 0365 already but thinking this is the wrong way to go about this. I have been told we must use the @schoolname.org.uk for our email address now. How would you go about this project staff use mandatory profiles with a prf that points to our exchange I presuming I can do the same for office 365 (any guides on this to hand)? in an ideal world I would like all our email that comes to @lea.sch.uk address to be forwarded to the office 365 account for about 6 months then I can get rid of the exchange server. I am thinking of a fresh start but you always get staff who use email as a file system 13 years worth in some cases (RETENTION POLICY WAS REMOVED BY ORDER OF SLT) not sure where to start on this... O
  20. Been through that already but someone might have some hanging about. If you dont ask
  21. I am in need of 31 copies of serif web plus x8 but serif has discontinued it and can not get it direct. Long story but new it teacher finds dreamwever over complicated and it is what she used in the last school. Anyone got any ideas of a company that might have an educational licence for it. Or am i going to have to hit ebay.
  22. probably still trying to get SLT to recognise GDPR
  23. Any luck
  24. Sounds like overheating it is shutting down to protect itself. Have seen this with faulty bulbs too brand new out of box. Are fans working - - - Updated - - - Sounds like overheating it is shutting down to protect itself. Have seen this with faulty bulbs too brand new out of box. Are fans working
×
×
  • Create New...