Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. hi all does anyone know how to to remove bulk users from the global address list in o365. need a quick fix until i can sort out address book policies. all our students have a job title of student but thinking now it would be better to add to a security group. what i could do with is a powershell guide for a newbie. just need a quick way to hide students if that is possable.
  2. could it be something to do with the users home page or the my sims documents folder. i have had to delete that folder once for a user. it is located in the users home drive
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PICjsTERVnk&safe=true
  4. https://www.texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/assistive-technology-dyslexia-software/ it does what you require look half way down the page
  5. ask your isp to do a network trace on the pc trying to use dictation see what is being blocked or look at something like text help read write gold it is really good for special needs students, reads pdfs dictation the lot might be worth investing in a site licence (Very cheap)
  6. altaro here they have a free version to backup 2 vms for free. i got the ultimate version and it works great. has boot from backup. file or full restore. give it a go for free.
  7. hi is it possable to have office 365 display a message to the user if they email a person in a specific security group. for example if a teacher sends an email to a student they would receive a warning. not sure if this can bd done.
  8. are you black listed https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
  9. we just have a form to fill in and then it is recorded on a spreadsheet. it works for us but I too would like a quick process possibly looking at Microsoft forms or something like that
  10. I give up gonna sort the gpos out
  11. I will uninstall and give it another go. once added to solus 3 I can click and browse to the pc so the connection is present it must be permissions
  12. that was going to be my next thing to try do you use username or workgroupname/username
  13. Hi All Is it possible to install solus 3 on a non domain joined pc we currently have a windows 7 domain one of our staff have a windows 10 pc that they use at home but they require sims to be available when in school. as I have not done anything with windows 10 gpo wise I do not want to connect to the domain just yet I have exported the installer from solus 3 and installed on the client I have then added it to solus 3 ui unfortunately on the solus 3 ui it appears the console can not connect to the client even with the firewall off and uac down to lowest level does anyone know what might be the issue I can ping the server from the client via name and ip also I can ping the client from the server the same I do get a message saying it can not save a config file as it already exists
  14. did you miss a \ on sysvol? or is a funky windows thing that changes what you entered
  15. clone zilla for me not sure if it copes with different size source and destination drives though
  16. permissions on the share where you store profiles?
  17. email sent
  18. will give that a go thankyou. New to o365 no cpd for anything these days
  19. Pm Me your Email and I will send what I have
  20. is this eclipse from MLS? or eclipse from capita If so I can dload the install guides for you
  21. i would be tempted to build another dc and demote the one eclipse is on. p2v the demoted dc and let eclipse rot not worth moving.
  22. unfortunately not I will be investigating how to do that once I migrate over, yep one word entries it was a not so quick fix bigger fish to fry
  23. I created a mail flow rule. good team building I had to add each word that might be classed as bad language but seeing as I have no team it was up to me to add them. We have securus so I add any words that get picked up by that. not the best solution but at least I am doing something.
×
×
  • Create New...