Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. Main issue we have had is with dns for macs it has to be 100% working i have our macs on static ip addresses well reserved in dhcp ensure the time is correct on the mac and the DC sometimes a rebind to ad fixes issues like you are seeing.
  2. just one person looking for a pager type device staff has a pressable button and then the pager will alarm
  3. Hi All does anyone have a epilepsy emergency alert system for members of staff at your school. I am just investigation options so that if a member of staff feels they are going to have a seizure they can press a emergency button on a wearable or pendant along those lines. or a software solution
  4. same here we were advised that we had to change tls settings in the sims service manager
  5. That's what I thought but I will try again Thanks for the help
  6. Has anyone managed to get update notifications from solus 3 via o365 I just don't seem to be able to get solus 3 to talk to our o365 Going to have to look at setting up a relay unless anyone can point me in the right direction.
  7. boom Im In. im looking for a lock for a laptop in our entrance the bag would be a bonus for one of our SEN students I am rocking the Very PC socks today as well.
  8. As mentioned earlier it is good that exa continue to work on the product. I do rate exa very highly. Big deal the YouTube clips of Christmas jingles stuttered today it could be worse they could be run by mls/capita. Keep up the good work.
  9. staff only
  10. I have been tasked with allowing remote access to sims. What are my options. is sims learning gateway a thing still?
  11. My experience of exa networks over the year we have had them has been very good especially having suffered years of pain with the yhgfl I will not accept down time but the odd glitch is not the end of the world at least they are moving forward and trying to improve an already good product. But just of late the glitches have been a little too often just the last couple of weeks but the rest of the year the connection has been rock solid. The support guys at exa are fantastic they are always available and sort any of your requests quickly and effectively (the help desk system kinda sucks ) But email support is good no issues here, they even go above and beyond to help schools out. Agree an email to say when upgrades happen would be nice.
  12. exa has been great for the past year but the last few weeks we have had some issues with surf protect falling on its backside. came in this morning to no internet for staff but unfiltered connection was fine so the surfprotect was faulty. sorted after a rollback by the developers 10mins after call to support. exa are a great company support is fantastic, and the product is good yes they have had a few issues but name me one isp that has not. i am happy with speed and cost. and i no longer have to deal with the YHGFL. you would know poor service if you ever had a connection from them.
  13. is dot net framework upto date not related to your issue but I had an issue where I could not validate addresses and sims crashed I put the latest dot net framework on and the problem was resolved. its just something to try
  14. are you missing the language file
  15. i had issues with teams and it turned out that ms had changed some urls and they needed whitelisting on the firewall/ filtering. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-gb%252farticle%252fOffice-365-URLs-and-IP-address-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2
  16. not the same but i had to update vlc to the latedt to play a new copy protected dvd the other day.
  17. yea thats the site i was talking about. i can log in but after that nothing works. tried 3 browsers all the same. on and off site.
  18. Is capitas support website working for anyone, I can log in but can not search for anything. I need the latest fileset for running the workforce census can anyone grab the latest one for me. I have had the ISP do a network trace and nothing is being blocked by the firewall. https://www.capita-sims.co.uk/
  19. the cleaner must have unplugged the server, lets face it it seems like it is run from a garden shed at the best of times
  20. For anyone else who needs this the above command worked with the csv
  21. just noticed my spelling sorry.
  22. i think this might work going to test tomorrow export all students id [email protected] to csv eith a header of mailbox run this command Import-Csv C:\users.csv | ForEach {Set-Mailbox -Identity $_.mailbox -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $true} does this look correct i am always worried when you have import at the front of a ps command. gojng to test with a few students first.
  23. had ms support tell me that it can not be done so looks like i have do do it manually. then read some books.
  24. Sorry for being a bit thick but can I just copy and paste your PS command as is from the edugeek page. is it one command or 2? I have managed to login to o365 via powershell and I copied and pasted the command as it looks correct to me but was unsure if edugeek changes the code in anyway for display on a web page. I did not get any messages to say the command was executed or not is this correct behaviour (first time messing with o365 via powershell) I have given it 30 mins to update but the students are still showing as view in the GAL
×
×
  • Create New...