Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. I have some stone laptops that require new batteries. I have looked around and the ones I have seen seem to look like cheap replacements. Can anyone recommend a supplier for this type of battery M660NBAT-6 CBPIL48 is an alternate name
  2. now time to rip the it support a new one
  3. that would be fantastic
  4. I have not even looked at windows 10 yet due to the huge number of builds, it is so confusing just have one that works then I will look into it as from reading the forum every build breaks something I do not have the time
  5. did you get it back?
  6. care to share your setup as it sounds exactly what I need
  7. Is it possible to have a custom screensaver on the windows 7 login screen Also what software can I use to create one. I think it is just a case of a changing the following registry settings Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] "ScreenSaveActive"="1" "ScreensaveTimeOut"="60" "SCRNSAVE.EXE"="C:\\Windows\\Sytem32\\myscreensaver.scr" or am I going down the wrong way
  8. hate it when that happens (Wiping egg off face)
  9. have a monitor on the ups, just in case you want to manually shut them down,(voice of experience here) not good when you have to wire a monitor in as the power is draining.
  10. i have used this for years this checks if a file is present if it is it ends if not it runs the installer not happy about having a username and password in plain text but all it is allowed to do is access the Sophos stuff I have not changed any of the rem text for about 7 years so it is out of date but it does work as a startup script @echo OFF REM --- Check for an existing installation of Sophos AutoUpdate REM Uncomment out the following line to force install if exist "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\forceinstall2.txt" goto _End REM Comment out the original if exist statement Rem Comment the following line to force install rem if exist "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\alsvc.exe" goto _End REM --- Deploy to Windows 2000/XP/2003/7 \\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\Setup.exe -updp "\\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP" -user "domainname\username" -pwd "password" -mng yes REM Uncomment out the following line to force install echo Sophos client installed at %time% on %date% >> "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\forceinstall2.txt" REM --- End of the script :_End \\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP
  11. door stops you can never find one when you need one
  12. Thanks for the reply they are like rocking horse poo the ones I can find are silly money If anyone else has any can you let me know.
  13. You got any pens for these
  14. ictdave should help you out i got some from him a while back.
  15. I just use a spreadsheet with filters it just works for us but not feature rich
  16. I have the same issue, with machines that were not turned on. I do a redeploy and it starts to deploy. this seems to be a bug introduced in the last solus update for me. prior to that the machines just installed when they were switched on.
  17. no install issues here except when the package was authorised by the LEA it ignored my settings to not deploy during x y time and did the upgrade last lesson yesterday. Not a good day I must say.
  18. lets hope lewis does not have a shocker at the next race as he seems to be up and down this season
  19. Hope lewis brings it home tomorrow
  20. nope still happening
  21. Hi all After a couple of years using hap with perfect results I seem to have an issue with hap not following security groups I have a drive letter mapped for staff and I have a security group call hapstaff this contains all the users that should see the drive letter within hap. NTFS permissions also assigned for security I removed a user from the hapstaff group but they are still seeing the drive letter the only groups I have for read security within hap are hapstaff and domain admins anyone seen this behaviour before I restart the server. maybe its an iis thing that a reboot might fix
  22. This is not exas fault it is an issue with our previous provider still having the tag. Although i had requested the transfer a month ago. Grrrrrrrr
  23. I dont have any issues normally its like all the records to my services are messed up. But connection is fine internally.
  24. Just waiting for out of hours engineer to call
  25. We have exa networks broadband but we have lost external access to servers due to dns issue at isp level I have used team viewer to access my workstation and all servers are on its just dns not working to our owa and hap Anyone else having issues?
×
×
  • Create New...