-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
Ask for the journaling to be turned on, i have all student mail journaled so that the e safety officers can check all conversations. Takes the task off me and gets the e safety officer doing some work.
-
Delete pesky Files that windows can't Using 7zip filemanager
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
That would mean putting effort in Its just handy to have another option -
My first thread does not seem to be working now so I will create it again with some additional info Long file names and sill characters in filename plays havoc with windows I have been using 7zips file manager to delete and rename silly file names for a long time also normally you cant look inside users recycle bins but with 7zip you can only found that out today.
-
Thanks Nick I will give this a whirl
-
filled in the form now
-
Experience of nationwide not good at all upgrading of reval note mechs requires a whole new system I mean a whole new system not just new reval units absolutely ridiculous.
-
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
disaster recovery sucks but I am glad that I am a triple backup guy backup the vm mirror copy the data incremental the data overkill I know but the one time you don't it will bite you in the backside -
that's what I thought I will be buying a new server but would like this one up and running as a backup test server for my virtual machines cheaply as possible and I don't want to goto dell the sever has two psus but only one has ever been used so I removed the first one and just ran with the one that never ever got used still no joy Backups are only alleged backups until tested.
-
does anyone have a dell 2970 motherboard that they no longer require as my main admin server just died/ was a good opportunity to test the backups I suppose. sims up and running again but im pretty sure its the board error e1000, e1232 and e1231 1.2v htcore psus are working fine but the thing will not power up the fans come on then shut off after 5 seconds I have removed all components 1 by one to see if I could bring it to life. no joy
-
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I was doing 4 things at once. The basics failed me. -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I am a tool. Share permissisions for eveyone was set to read. The most restrictive permission takes priority. Even if ntfs permissions say read write. Wood for trees. Thanks guys it was a bad day yesterday whole admin server died. What joy -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
Need to walk away and have a fresh look in the morning. -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I have a feeling the share permissions might be the issue Everyone is set to read. If I change to write this may be my issue. Do share permissions take over file permissions. -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I can't understand why this is happening I am the owner yet all files are read only. This is basic stuff but my head is mashed. Gonna reboot the server tonight -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
No its a hyper v running on sas drives -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I have done this but the read only permission still is set it will not change -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
ok where is the take ownership button on server 2012 Face palm -
NEED SOME HELP urgently FILE PERMISSIONS DISASTER RECOVERY
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2012
I think I need to take ownership as administrator -
Hi All I had a complete server failure this morning MIS and admin data got sims up and running but when recovering my admin documents from my nas box all the files are read only and I can not change the attribute from right click properties can anyone shed some light on my this is. server 2012 must be ntfs permissions or something quite desperate to get this up and running
-
Gigasoft data backup. UK data centre about 200 quid a year for 50 gig. Does file level and sql backups different plugin for vms and servers available.
-
Urgently need to Restrict recipient limit in office 365
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Cloud Services
I have the lockdown of distro groups done but this is quite a limitation for school use. my policy is if any student emails on mass without reason they loose access to email for a set period of time and detentions set. same goes for swearing etc if they swear they loose access no ifs or buts these are the rules if you don't like them done use the system. -
Email Filtering Dictionaries
round2it replied to Norphy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I am in the same boat I would be interested in a keyword list for bullying and protect filters -
Urgently need to Restrict recipient limit in office 365
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Cloud Services
Yes you are correct, i have had an email back from microsoft what a limitation this is. -
Hi All Can you get me out of a pickle. I need to limit the number of recipients all student can email in any one go. and if possable have no restriction for staff I just cant seem to find the option
