-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
finding ad users who are a member of group 1 and group2
round2it replied to sted's topic in Windows Server 2016
i use ad manager proplus (trial has a limit of showing 100 items but for your request it is fine https://www.manageengine.com/products/ad-manager/download.html -
Veeam B&R is starting to look expensive!
round2it replied to mikkydoos's topic in Enterprise Software
that's why I went for altaro although may be not as good as veeam but it works exactly as I want and I have the option to pay for support and upgrades if required. all my backups have restored correctly through extensive testing I trust the product. I am not scrimping on the cost of backups I tested the software over 30 days and it worked without issue what more can you ask for I then purchased the ultimate edition so I can backup as many vm's as I like from one host. I feel happy knowing my backups are working -
HTTP SSL Cerificate Error
round2it replied to Theldron's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
date and time? -
Customise Home Access Plus+ Text to School Name & Tabs
round2it replied to Whistler's topic in Home Access Plus+
Mine runs on one core and 4gb of ram it basically does nothing max users ever was 30 at any one time and it held up.- 40 replies
-
- hap
- home access plus
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Free School Alerting and Notifications offer from NetSupport
round2it replied to Al_NetSupport's topic in Enterprise Software
What features are in the pipeline. It would be good if the system would send the notification once a pc is switched on say for example message of the day. What about sending images i know it goes beyond the point of the program but could it be an option?. -
Customise Home Access Plus+ Text to School Name & Tabs
round2it replied to Whistler's topic in Home Access Plus+
I thought about changing it but nicks title is exactly what it is. He does not get enough credit for his hard work. Out teachers love it so big thanks to nick.- 40 replies
-
- hap
- home access plus
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
what software are you using for follow-me printing but it must be due to the 3 printers using one print queue so if the main one is in error it locks up, any options for turning off error reporting?
-
Customise Home Access Plus+ Text to School Name & Tabs
round2it replied to Whistler's topic in Home Access Plus+
shameless bump I presume you want to change the name from Home Access Plus I will have a look at mine and see if I can let you know the file you need to edit on the server im sure nick will reply soon enough Have a look in the login.aspx file first I know I changed something in that file and it now says our school name where it used to say access your school from home- 40 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- hap
- home access plus
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
hate it when that happens. I am still wiping the egg off my face from the last numpty moment I had Anyway Welcome
-
no issues with it being virtualised just make sure you give it enough ram and cores. disaster recovery is easy with a good backup product like veeam or altaro vm backup, restore the entire server in 30 mins. just do it. I have virtualised everything except my PDC just not had time. the entire school runs on 2 servers now,
-
have a look at altaro vm backup free for 2 vms on one host. I do daily full backups and then use the offsite storage product to do a offsite copy its cheap but works every test I have done has been fine. it also has the option of boot from backup in the latest version have a go for free
-
Thanks my weekend gone trying them out
-
This is becoming a great list thank you so much some gems here
-
Keep them comin
-
Nice Bookmarked most of these.
-
I know this type of thread has been open before but I thought it time to start one for this year. What free tools do you use and where you can get them Some of my tools that I have used are from Codetwo some good stuff for exchange and o365 here https://www.codetwo.com/downloads/freeware/ and some from solarwinds http://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools
-
I am waiting until W10 actually works, I just cant BA to bother with all the hastle with start menus printers etc. Once stable then I will try but it just seems like hard work.
-
https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/ImportingCardNumbers I think you can use employee numbers as a field
-
University College London (UCL) hit by Ransomware Cyber Attack
round2it replied to elsiegee40's topic in IT News
had emails from them today. -
How do I create a mandatory signature in outlook
round2it replied to AlanD's topic in Office Software
it just works and the support is good too. what I do like is the support subscription is optional so you can buy it and then get upgrades for a year then you own the software. great if budgets are tight just take the hit for one year -
How do I create a mandatory signature in outlook
round2it replied to AlanD's topic in Office Software
Check out codetwo i have exchange rules and it reads info from ad account https://www.codetwo.com/products/?search%5Bfunctionalities%5D%5B%5D=1 They have some good free tools -
i just upgraded to 10 education via change product key with no issues. no other keys worked pro or enterprise. but managed to bitlocker the drive with no issues.
-
Ms support was dismal i could not understand the operator.
-
ok I have managed to get the windows 10 education key to work. so I should now be able to use bit locker on this device
-
ms said I have to reinstall omg what a farce
