Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. arena have a system called mstore and is pre configured for schools also they will do the scanning for you for a price
  2. logos at he bottom need to have borders or change the footer colour to match
  3. yes sql eats everything you defiantly need to define the max amount of ram it can use
  4. same here OptiPlex going into 11 years now still going strong but need replacing due to speed
  5. fine here yhgfl connection
  6. your not putting antivirus on the image also are you? same thing you will open a world of pain if you start putting lots of software in an image. I push out AV office and other programs via gpo on first startup. yes it takes a bit longer but you have the ability to just have a base image and you can update software as and when accordingly.
  7. Staff hate it. The ui is garbage dont do it. im in west yorkshire
  8. Dont do it you will regret it. 2 seconds to push out the client from solus 3 do sims and discover at the same time. just use the console
  9. we have ours Department KS3 KS4 Common (items common to ks3 and 4) idea was to save duplication
  10. Thankyou so much for this as I have been infected with the do you want to upgrade icon, was sure I blocked the updates via wsus ages ago or have MS been playing funny games with the updates
  11. Emco remote shutdown has this feature. Found it the other day Cheap and you can schedule shutdows also. worth a look
  12. this is why I do all the recordings (quick playback after each candidate resolves this issue)
  13. we have them and they a quite good. If you would like to have a chat about it pm me your details and I can ring you tomorrow (very busy at the moment sorry)
  14. Hi I am after some school subject icon sets that are free to use on our vle and website. Does anyone know of a good source, I have looked at free icon sets but they don't have all of the subjects I require. Thank in advance
  15. I only ask as I want to give it a try quick backup and restore of a non critical vm
  16. Just looking at veeam, can I have a dedicated server that runs veem to backup my other vms or do I need to install it onto my main vm host. Hope that makes sense.
  17. well that's 5 mins of my life I will not get back
  18. Can you move one machine to a separate switch and see if the problem goes away. also try resetting the switches and look for loops
  19. seems more like a timeout issue, I have seen this when we have a lot of users trying to log on at the same time through one access point. 2pence worth sorry
  20. Can someone at the yhgfl look at this thread: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/smoothwall-direct-support/170127-mock-compliance-inspection-esafety-safe-guarding.html the site is accessible via student proxy and staff
  21. s3 is clunky but works very well these days
  22. wow , glad I didn't move now
  23. Good to hear : disaster recovery first on the list of jobs to do then.
×
×
  • Create New...