-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
Do the clients have the domain suffix correct? If you do ipconfig /all what does the primary DNS suffix say?
-
It doesn't work that way :-P
-
[hosting] Hosting for a Residents Commitee - Website & Forum
dwhyte85 replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Web Development
Hi Flyinghaggis, Alot of the control panels have fantastico (it's like a quick installer for scripts) on them, it's literally 2 clicks. If you need any help drop a PM - i'll explain. -
Send Dos Commands (post 3)
-
External Infrastructure Support - does anyone have any???
dwhyte85 replied to CyBeRkId2002's topic in Wireless Networks
Re-define the contract. Include telephony support and ask for solely third line support, see if it comes in any cheaper? Or just see if you can get them on a call-out on those emergencies, it may cost a bit more - but if it's infrequent (like you've said), it'll come to nothing near 23K. -
When I worked at Lego... they did an awful lot to combat wasps. They can't stop kids and adults dumping cans of coke in the bushes, they can clear them out but from experience of cleaning (one of the many fun tasks whilst working at Lego...) it's a constant battle. Then again, people pay money and they expect the best service, it's unfair to complain about nature though :-P
-
FITS is all the rage at the minute, good to have and relatively cheap - i guess the school will have a budget. I would go vendor neutral if you plan on staying where you are (you'll learn more), if you want to leave in the near future MS exams are the way to go.
-
I don't know if this relates... I had a similar issue with a sat pro, when it came out of hibernation/sleep the wireless didn't turn on properly... it still held the details from before but just sat doing nothing. When I repair'd the connection it decided to wake up.
-
XP machine logging in domain user as local admin?
dwhyte85 replied to reggiep's topic in Windows Server 2008
Are you certain domain users, , , - hasn't been added to the local admins group? Within the brackets might be named differently for your school. Our technician before did that so they could run USB keys (annoying sandisks) without thinking about the impact it had. Or do you mean it actually says 'COMPNAME\Administrator'? -
Yea... I'm guessing it can be done and may work, but if it doesn't after you take your old server out of use is when i'd be scared. Is the old server not at all upgradable?
-
ICT Network Manager - CWJobs.co.uk
-
If your new server has Hyper-V you can do this and mount an image, although I've had a few issues with 2003 server on Hyper-V. I wouldn't like to bet my car on it though, you can convert Hyper-V images too into other formats, again, really wouldn't want to do it with something as important as that - i did it with a print server and had the other as a backup! http://wss.citrictechnology.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=13 http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8054/how-to-turn-a-physical-computer-into-a-virtual-machine-with-disk2vhd/ Of course, you're going to need somewhere to save it to when you do it.
-
I didn't expect my Mum to die so soon, I didn't formulate any plans. Everyday I do what I can, having known both my local surgeries they're going to shrug me off. I can ask for a second opinion from another GP at the local practice but... other than getting a referral I'm wasting my time. My problem is the less I sleep, the less capable of doing normal day to day things. I need to bring in a salary, I need to do the shopping, pay the bills and clean the house... I need to sleep to do this effectively, I don't believe it will fix me as such but at least until a referral happens (bear in mind it can take a good month or two for a referral...) I can half function. I will be blunt, our Doctors surgeries are crud, our hospital is in the bottom 20 in the country and they're happier to prescribe than take the time to fix. I am trying to get Bupa care as my partner works at Bupa I get some discount but I haven't yet done this, I'm guessing this is my best option to be seen properly. It's very frustrating when I have to leave work (they know my issues), come back to work and explain nothing is being done... it's like they don't want to take accountability of me or ownership of my case, unless I have some kind of breakdown or get ill I don't see what my local surgeries will do or A&E for that matter! Your post is harsh in the sense that you have your own opinion for what should be done, you've obviously gone through this - at that time did you have a finite plan? If you did, fair play - you are better organised than me or have a far better support network.
-
The problem I have is with getting the same Doctor twice to say if I am better or worse, they are really hessitant to offer anti-depressants to me, they keep saying with time. I can give a long sob story explaining why I'm worse than someone else with all the chemo treatments and the last few weeks of life but Doctors seem to just appease me by agreeing. Counselling really has been no help, I can't describe how much I dislike it because I just feel like it's this vicious circle, I go round and back to the start where I end up as angry as I did 2 days after the death. If I get on with my life things start calming... but I just can't sleep, socially I'm not good but at least I'm not as angry. Your post was pretty harsh Witch but if you've faced death you're going to have a very valid opinion and I just read it as passion, I can see what you're getting at but the less I sleep the worse I am mentally because I'm tired and even more angry/irritable! Trying to find the good in things is difficult, I think I find it very difficult as I have 0 faith, 100% athiest and feel like alot of the options to calm myself down are mumbo jumbo, Tai Chi for instance. I doubt it is mumbo jumbo but I just hope that a single pill will make things easier, both in sleeping & getting on with it. I will ask for a referral, I definitely can't go to the same hospital where she died, the ward is next to the cancer treatment ward and right now, that is too much! Over this weekend it's especially difficult with no access to Doctors, NHS direct say go to a&e... as if that's an actual option, people who actually are an accident or an emergency should go - not a non sleeper who is grumpy.
-
Thanks for your replies. I was told my depression was not because of chemical imbalance, it's because of the death. Yea, fair enough when I mean over the death - I mean I can get to work, the outburts are stopping, get a bit tearful but I can get on with life. Before I was totally ballsed, couldn't even go to the shops. The counselling I've had hasn't worked, CRUSE is ongoing, MacMillan is finished and school OT/counselling is always there. Bringing it back is getting me back off track, that upsets me a bit because I feel like i'm getting on OK until these sessions. The social aspect is bad, I could lose my rag pretty quick and this is what the Doc said was depression, but totally normal. I know pills arent an answer, i just want to sleep though - over the weekend where I can't get a doctor and with a bank holiday i feel alone because i just cant sleep! Everything else aside, I would love to sleep until my problems are resolved. I can fully understand what you're saying witch, localzuk but I need something to sort me in the moment, until it's all out and resolved. thanks for the responses, this has been better than several medical forums and nhs direct...
-
I've spoke to our own schools medical care/OTs, MacMillan throughout & Cruse... the other option is going back to the hospital, literally 20 yards from where she died for support and I don't really fancy that too much! 2 Weeks and they took me off, they said it isn't a long term solution for me... so they put me on the 'stronger' stuff. The PCT do bugger all, I know this from when I fought for my Mums Lapatinib... they just aren't interested, protocol & funding is all I heard for months
-
Dubai isn't happening for a few reasons, none of which in my control, the company lost the contract I'd have been looking after and they're now cutting staff... I had to swallow my pride and go un-resign, that was probably the most difficult thing I've done for a long while - but the sleep has been an issue for along time, not because of this - thankfully the school were pretty good about it. Zopiclone 7.5mg daily, I went for 15mg but it made me feel literally drunk (was so fed up with no sleep so self prescribed a double up, not recommended)... and more awake than I was before I took it. I get leg jerks when I do sleep, they wake me up but nothing any worse as a symptom... I just can't stop thinking, it isn't necessarily bad things I think about either. I get 30mg Tamazepam but it's supposed to be addictive, it doesn't make me sleepy it just stops be getting woken up so easy. For example, I had 4 1/2 hours last night undisturbed but that was my lot! My Docs surgery is a problem, I see a different Doc each time I go... I've never had the same Doc twice, that is the same with the other Doctors surgery in Windsor, I have tried walking, gym, fishing... I have tried to mentally knacker myself out too with puzzles, games and wake myself up further. I haven't been away from here just yet but money has been an issue as has the funeral and bits, to be honest i am over the death - i just want to sleep now.
-
Since the death of my Mum, to whom I was very close I am experiencing insomnia pretty bad. I have had Zopiclone for 2 weeks; these literally had no affect on me (apparently being built like a grizzly bear doesn’t help). I am now on Tamezepam and these keep me asleep, but I am maybe sleeping 4-5 hours on a good night, but they improve my mood alot. I have tried exercise (45-50 mins cardio at the gym), no caffeine, warm milk & honey, reading a book but nothing is working! I am running on near empty, my body aches constantly because of it. My general attitude has changed, I am pretty bitter, totally becoming an IRL troll/ogre and want confrontation and socially reclusive, I can bearly hold a conversation. Doctors keep saying it’s down to the death, I imagine it plays a big part but it’s getting no better. As a lot of you work in IT I’d guess a portion suffer from the above, I don’t attribute it all to the death (I wasn’t great before). My goals are two-fold, able to sleep & able to socially interact without wanting to tear somebody a new bottom hole – doctors are shrugging it off because of the death and I’m worried it’s more than that. Counselling has been tried and failed; does anybody have a good method of talking to Doctors without being made to feel like you’re not believed or so they take me seriously?
-
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xcUskQ-VRTI/SwTxn85GcqI/AAAAAAAABMo/ME5FX4OgTIA/s1600/Cat+Happy+Smile.jpg
-
Yea, I don't like the whole copy the database thing. I like the concept though...
-
No idea why they haven't spoke to Capita, I'm guessing they're avoiding any fees to directly touch the DB?
-
If you knew me you'd say I was quite the opposite! What I meant was it'd be good if it was something Capita put in. I am well aware it will cost from a 3rd party I'd be shocked if our reception could manage to run a report, and i know our SIMS manager does not give them an awful lot of access.
-
Well, from experience of the snow... 'my daughter wont be coming in today' in basic English, then trying to find out a pupils name and getting the spelling correct is a task in itself... we have several kids with the same name too, which adds to the fun. Information being in place is down to the admin manager and she does a good job of that, same principal as the SMS systems to say school is off like on snow days.. relies on the data being correct in the first place... like I said it's a nice idea, I can see several issues with it but I know it's a problem they have. It's not a non-problem, but it isn't necessarily a must have feature either... it'd be nice to have if the price is right (or better if it was free)
-
If it makes receptions life easier and they can do the job more efficiently... receive a call and the pupil data is in front of them... it's a nice idea :-) Apparently with language differences/accents it can be hard for reception to know who is calling and a bit of a battle finding out names of pupils, not all parents are fluent with English - infact an awful lot have English as a second language. But, you are entitled your own opinion creese
