-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
We had our internet back up around noon on 17th, I've read the major incident report (can forward if you want to read it). I reckon it was a bodge up from work they were doing upgrading parts of Slough to 100mb the night before, this happened last time they scheduled work the night before - when they had reset firewall perms so we had no mail incoming... we had some very upset SLT.
-
Fingers crossed
-
Good point, maybe easier to use xcopy or robocopy
-
I bet they love you
-
I found it easier playing on a computer at the same time, or having one close by to put what's said into actions.
- 25 replies
-
- certificates
- ict
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
You can copy profiles (if you don't have mandatory profiles) & home folders/My Documents from the server they're located on, as simple as copy and paste if you want to do it that way. Active Directory doesn't hold the work, the fileserver does
-
You're lucky then! Prince2 will take you far if you have the project management experience with it. Aim in-line with what you do, MCDST and MCSA is a good start point or maybe A+ if you're doing alot of break/fix hardware bits. ITIL is good to have if you plan to leave schools, FITS is good for schools but some industry employers now recognise FITS where ITIL isn't on a CV - but they're not hands on quals, they're more... following a framework.
- 25 replies
-
- certificates
- ict
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I remember playing Champ Man 2, it is so simple now I look back but getting Tottenham to win the league was the bestest thing ever, the flashing text as you scored... genius.
-
Just the top technologies you can have 'nuff said.
-
I thought you meant Lotus Domino, I nearly pooped and fell over.
-
It looks really good. Nice one.
-
To speak to governors I'd say: Less maintenance costs, one server as opposed to several servers to buy parts for. Less energy usage as one server power is less than many servers* Getting more bang for your buck, utilising a server to its full potential rather than 5 servers performing at 50%, 1 server at near full capacity Less space required for 1 server as opposed to several. Easy to backup/restore an instance of a VM (good for your DRP and business continuation). Initial outlay might be a bit more than you'd hope but you'd recoup over time with energy consumption, less maintenance & you're getting good value out of the server you've bought. To explain how it works... http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5005372_server-virtualization-work.html
-
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WYMdvsZWHkydJM:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/liberty17belle/tin-foil-hat.jpg&t=1
-
Alliance are great... apart from at battlegrounds.
-
35k?! Alright for some
-
JSA is lame, it is based on your previous years earnings/contrib, so if you've ever been self employed it can be a nightmare
-
I know salaries shouldn't be discussed, but does anyone know what band 5 is relative to?
-
Is it lemonparty?
-
SOLD - ebay came good for once.
-
For sale, my PS3. I think I've played it in total... 30 times. PS3 SLIM 120gb (Serial No: 03-27453569-5851632-cech-2003a). Bought under a year ago, rarely used other than to play a bit MW2. Great machine, great condition but has been used. It is pretty much unblemished but sold as second hand so expect slight marks - no returns for marks/scratches, sold as seen. Comes with: - 1 Wireless controller - PS3 Console (Slim, 120gb). - Cables, no HDMI. - Sega Mega Drive Classics, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero 4, Guitar Hero 5 & COD: MW2 & Dirt 2. - Guitar hero 5 guitar & the USB connector for wireless on the guitar. http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1238/ps3a.jpg £210.00 inclusive of postage, PayPal or cash on collection from Windsor area - will only sell to people who've got rep on the forum, no one post wonders.
-
Advice pls - Notice Periods Network Manager
dwhyte85 replied to balticstar's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I feel your pain! -
Thank you, this is what the consultant was angling at between us and the school - but i'm not sure they'd agree to it. Cheers!
-
I did CS, I found out about systems programming, c & unix & plenty of things I'll never use in the real world. I wish I stayed in industry, the degree has got me nothing (except teaching my Delphi).
-
I have one proposal and they are so far off what we provide - it's unreal and they would cost the same as to employ us! I am not sure how I could use it to really... show our value though, the indication was that they are industry professionals and we're not (which upset me) and that they would be more expensive, spend less time on site and provide a better service because of the capability... which is poo as we're all very capable. I'm not sure it was meant to come across that way but I took it that way! The SLAs offered for just phone support were nearly the same as employing us, let alone with 20 hours on-site time (we'd have 112.5 between us)... but, employment is different to a contract is what I'd hear...
-
Thanks for that gaz350, I wish somehow I could gather this anonymously so people wouldn't be afraid to tell... I am not here to judge, just want to know where we are...
