-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
Home internet filtering hardware
dwhyte85 replied to Dos_Box's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I've used privoxy along time ago when I used to do very naughty things, can't say it's for home filtering though good for keeping yourself anonymous... add that to TOR and wunderbar, better still VPN and a SOCKS chain -
It's not education, sysadmin in the real world for the company that provides real-time stats for the premier league (and goal line technology, 3d visualisations etc)
-
Wooohooo I did get the cool job, 31k to 35k incremented over 6 months
-
Yes, they quickly ignored the manual entry advice...
-
I dislike most Mac users, I don't mind the hardware though...
-
Ok, it's a fix... very grumpy examinations officer!
-
Is anyone else in the same boat with the examinations module? I've only been told a patch will be rolled out within 48 hrs but I have an angry member of SLT who seems to think I can fix it...
-
That's Hays recruitments addition to the original job desc (which isn't much better). Ho hum
-
Trackmania is pretty addictive and I don't really like driving games
-
Any dramatic changes can't be done now until Easter holidays as they're in use nearly every lesson. Hays are now the recruitment agency for this, click here.
-
I have a definite offer. They want me to start early but I can't as I've not been replaced I also have a second interview with another very cool company but I don't know if I'll get that one. People aren't interested in you until your notice is under a month!
-
It is my old job, I am leaving Feb 8th - I posted a few months back.
-
That's numberwang
-
Free money for your school! Easyfundraising.org.uk
dwhyte85 replied to Rydra's topic in General Chat
How about all SLT take a 5% pay cut... that'll produce far more free cash! -
I don't think it's possible. You might be lucky with the free migration and could put the char across
-
48 hours of Surfin' Bird and you might end up smashing your head off a wall
-
@wagnerk - ask an agency what FITS is then ask an agency what ITIL is! In short, they'll know ITIL and very few will know FITS.
-
If teachers have seating plans it makes it easier to tell who's stealing if the next teacher checks before lesson starts.
-
For this one, I'm not going to bother
-
Congratulations
-
Well done, quite a haul!
-
I script our 160+, it works OK. They type in username and it maps h drive, maps to my docs and other mapping that are needed. Filtering is on IP through our WS100 - it's not bad really, the main issues we get are people turning our WiFi off... normally teachers to plug in heaters!
-
It may make you look smaller than you are and it's a bit... late 90s
-
I think I'd worry if... You received huge amounts of organic traffic through searching You were taking payment online You had your helpdesk based through wix in flash Although I totally understand what previous posters are saying... but for me it's more of a show-case than a method of getting business... the likelihood is that you're calling/contacting clients in the first place? I don't like the idea of using a 3rd party to host though, what if wix goes down? You are at their mercy! @MODS/Admins - all links are nofollow, right? Otherwise this could be a good way for someone to boost PR on google... xD
