Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

dwhyte85

Members
  • Posts

    1,314
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dwhyte85

  1. Applying can't hurt, worst they can do is say no.
  2. Magtheridon is where it's at, I experienced a 45 minute chat between worgens about what they were going to call their guild name... a worgen only guild, the sad thing is... it was a serious discussion
  3. Not here, close but no cigar type response - shocked that interview feedback was good. Somebody more experienced got it (from what I understand) so congratulations to them.
  4. LOL! I wonder if I mention it to the HR lady if it'll get included in the person spec for my role, only kidding.
  5. - 0.4... I just can't grasp it
  6. When I used to work at Amazon, they had to manually approve/check the feedback given... that's what they get for allowing people to have opinions
  7. IT Systems Manager jobs, West London, £45k-£50k | Guardian Jobs
  8. I wouldn't do it on anything as important as a DC and hope for it to work... normal backup methods work on virtual machines too and the VMs should be seen as normal servers in terms of standard backing up procedures... with the luxury of quick re-deployment if you have a backup of full state and some useful add-ons like snapshots to be able to do some quick roll backs. If it's a file server, data should be still backed up... as you would with any file server...
  9. Put it better than I did, you could just install the client on the VM for backup exec (or connect thru' shares)... if it's data you're after storing, it'll work the same. This would backup just the data side of things and system state. That of course assumes you have BE
  10. You can use snapshotting to do this... but, I prefer full state backup, snapshots can fail... I do a snapshot before patches etc but never rely on them solely.
  11. It can be done as simply as to stop the server running (shut down properly ), backup the folder that has the virtual disk, virtual ram and settings etc... to another server/drive/nas. For instance, I automate mine on the server with a cron job, I stop the running services and I backup the folders with the bits to another machine... it takes along time though if your VM is huge over the network, could work equally as well to external storage.
  12. Be careful where you download from, I think that's a good point too. It's easy to pack/stuff/bind exes.
  13. Our tech says thanks @tosh74
  14. Well, it's development biased by looking at it... but it depends what you do well at and what you enjoy It has some bits of networking - I guess it really depends, I can't say you'll be an x,y or z but people will look favourably if you have networking ability for most support jobs and for development jobs you have a good basis of getting in as a trainee/junior developer - providing you're not working on something ancient and no longer used.
  15. I thought it was freely available to play in a VM? I haven't got it yet but I think I read it on here - or has it changed massively since then?
  16. It looks like a very practical, good to have to jump in to industry - are you getting any work experience with it? Would suggest this is a good route as opposed to a HND, unless the HND offers hands on bits like this too - computer architecture, is that digital systems (e.g, lots of low level electronics theory) or the bits on a computer? I think it's a pretty good route, I did A levels, degree and then qualifications - would suggest A levels have helped a bit, degree minimally and professional qualifications (e.g, Microsoft, Cisco etc) get your CV through the initial sifts with agencies. My opinion, people might disagree
  17. I think that is just journalism, if they gave a fair argument for good and bad it wouldn't be so evocative It's something I'd expect from Channel 3/5 rather than the BBC though...
  18. Regarding S. Korea - PC bangs or something was mentioned, they went into detail and about the death of the child neglected by MMO playing parents.
  19. But they look so cool! It gives you +1 cool points IRL.
  20. It's slightly different comparing the test in a controlled environment where the rat was fed by pushing down on a lever then they took the food away but randomly treated on lever pushdown... if a rat is hungry, of course they're going to push down on a lever! If they stuck a rat next to a PS3 with a rat-sized controller and gave them the option of a TV, a mini-desk with some books... i'd suggest that it's a good comparison. I can understand the basis and what they're getting at but... I don't think it can be fully applied to gaming based on the skinner box experiment or the dogs and the bell ringing. I do think you're right, some people will get addicted but I think that's more factors of home life, social life & mental state. Rather than just addiction I think it can be escapism.
  21. PHP: curl_setopt - Manual I don't know if this will help but, you haven't said how it'll authenticate and you haven't said the proxy type Unless it's a weird timeout issue and the script is taking longer than the timeout is allowing for?
  22. dwhyte85

    Cataclysm

    You would struggle to get on for the queuing tonight, probably a better option to wait... why did I afk-out... another 1 hour wait...
  23. dwhyte85

    Cataclysm

    I think it's just the whole... starting from level 1 again thing, i wonder if the vendor discount works on the new currency is for tiered gear
  24. dwhyte85

    Cataclysm

    I am trying to get on to my server now and failing miserably... a queue on Ragnaros, can't believe it. Had a quick go on a RP server as Worgen & as goblin... not as fun as i thought
×
×
  • Create New...