-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
As the title says, after one of those bad boys.
-
So long and thanks for all the fish. [ And some thanks ]
dwhyte85 replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Good luck mattx and may the force be with you. -
Flash/Flex, Actionscript (AS3) developer - Totaljobs.com PHP developer - Totaljobs.com Posting as at my current employer, nice company, great salary & good prospects.
-
@nephilim, what would you call an academy based on the setup they have
-
I thought iTunes made a big fuss about iTunes U or something, lectures, documents etc from iTunes for educational use? Effectively using iTunes as a delivery platform? Not sure whether it effects the installation being legal or not though
-
[news] Bad name for a president of Food for the Poor...
dwhyte85 replied to LiamH's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
That is AMAZING! hahaha -
I thought the government agencies (sub-contracted recruiters for the contracts) could 'do it' for you? I also thought that they were able to charge for an admin fee (in-case of failure to get clearance)?
-
That's for DV, it has two components. If you just go for one component, e.g, Security - you may be ok to work on the outer/less confidential MoD stuff. Try get an agency to pay for it.
-
ICT Technician Salary inclusive of LW.
-
Can you see that being a career? Will it get you where you want to be in 25 years time?
-
Good luck, I hope you do find some MoD contracts. Bear in mind that DV clearance is pretty intensive, they check everything about you... and I mean everything - any large loans, credit cards, debts, defaults or CCJs will work against your application. Not trying to put you off, just warning. My friend works for a government agency (has done since 2003), he comes from an affluent background... he was a bit silly at uni and raked up some big debts but paid them off, they questioned him about the debts and everything else he had on the form. If you've ever had to go through a debt agency, been caught for taking an illicit substance or have a police record (even as a kid and it's been scratched off) it will have an effect on your app. I stopped my GCHQ application as soon as I read that form... was not comfortable with the financials bit, knew it would be a no based on it. Far more goes into it than an eCRB! Best of luck.
-
Then you're susceptible to working before your stated working hours..., you start at 8.00am and you get in for 7.50am to be ready, at your desk etc. It's one of those catch 22s, I know staff who sign in dead on, leave dead on and they get away with it
-
These issues should be hitting your helpdesk anyway, X-13... say you'll write up a ticket / them send in a ticket and action it after you've prioritised. ... but seriously, lock the door or something and hide in the corner with the lights off so they can't see you.
-
You have to put it in context... £450.00 over a month isn't great, it could be two months. Off that £450.00 you will end up paying tax too... Great if you live with your family, it's seductive but hard to plan your finances. You'll be best to get insurance too - it's about £8 a month - just incase you do make a mistake (or two).
-
Yea, I should add some extra information: That was only a 3 day contract & central london
-
If you've got big debts don't do it unless you have someone can cover you for the bad months. My brother earns silly daily rates but they're not guaranteed, the jobs he gets aren't always great... he was getting £150.00 day imaging computers... good pay, but still pretty dull. Can't think how many times I've bailed him out - after Xmas is particularly bad. He has his own ltd company, this adds a bit to the difficulty with returns and expenses but the upside is he can class petrol as a 'business' expense and other bits like that - this lowers the tax he pays on the 'profit'.
-
* SALAD DODGER. An excellent phrase for an overweight person... * SWAMP DONKEY. A deeply unattractive person.. Now I know these, I'm seriously hurt.
-
Boohoo, sounds like someone needs a Snickers...
- 35 replies
-
Harnessing Tech Grant - Is this still available?
dwhyte85 replied to bodminman's topic in General Chat
My current post paid for a connection upgrade, as advised by the LA as we'd only need to fund 50%... despite my concerns of it being down the list in importance... the school went ahead with it only to find they're now funding 3/4 of the bill not 1/2 - leading to a bit of a panic. Ours was cut by 50% and they've been told it'll be unlikely to be around next year. -
I'd do 'Bypass Proxy for local addresses' and make *.youtube.com a local address, add this to the IE settings on GP and deploy to the OU (library comps). My way is crud but works, avoid it if you can
-
Try OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220 Has resolved for me (on Be).
-
My soon to be ex employer is recruiting an IT tech and I think still a NM (not 100% sure on the NM one or its current state in employment). PS. Is it really slow to load or just me & bethere?
-
It's been good for me, potential employers have seen my profile and... I think this has been positive for me. I don't network, I use it to safeguard my name online - just in case anyone has a vendetta against me!
-
@DPrince... I've discussed this in-depth with members of our SLT when we had our safeguarding training Sept 09, the general opinion was shut up, do your job and let the big boys decide what happens. I'd imagine alot of us hit that same brick wall hence nobody having a definitive answer. What do your lawyers say?
-
It's a discussion, I think he/she is taking it on board but wants clarity and references
