-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
For sale, WAG-102 WAP. Unboxed, comes with device & power adapter - can stick in a network cable, fairly good condition Spec below: ProSafe £20.00 + Postage
-
I believe grills will do more damage & act as a greater deterrent. It's my phone spellchecker it doesn't like GRILLES.
-
You wouldn't be downloading anything on a slow connection, legal or not... It's a trap!!!1 Do you think they'd manually trawl through logs in anycase?
-
All in-line with digital economy bill, all the better to spy on you with.
-
Hello, I have the same issue... because i'm a bit worried to put the agent on, I created 2 scheduled tasks, 1 to stop the SQL server services and copy the MDF & LDF files to a share on the network, one to re-start the SQL server. Obviously, when you've got a large DB it's going to be a nightmare to do but at the moment this is working for me... I suppose I could just start the backup later (midnight) and schedule to stop the services and backup the program files location as it'd backup the mdf and ldfs. With 10d I found even on 2005 it didn't really work properly, since then i've been very scared to rely on it. If you find a solution please do let me know
-
I have to be honest it does look pretty neat, especially the mobile client. Saying that, I wouldn't pay for something that my Techs & I can do ourselves where Spicework fails e.g, anything not networked.
-
Guys, They're both good scores, think of it at School and 700 == 70% or an A, you aren't far off...
-
Has anyone received an invoice since Studywiz went into administration? Just wondering whether it's gone up 35% (possibly more, only quick glance) on an annual license... like ours. Cheers.
-
Yes, if you understand the answer I guess you've gained something from reading a braindump... if you haven't actually done something on a computer but know the answer, e.g., What command would you use to see details of ip address with details of DNS servers, in the command prompt - fine the answer is ipconfig /all - if the braindumper doesn't understand what the command does, what an IP address is nor what DNS does... they've not actually gained anything other than knowing the command. I think if MS periodically released OLD questions that have been taken out of question pool rather than people reporting what they did in an exam it would be better... that was no concern of people memorising bits within the test. MS could make it easier with more practical Qs, I remember Vista configuration had loads... this way memorising questions would have no use as you'd have to prove your knowledge. Anyway, I'm not here to judge if anyone does decide to do it - just stating it's not allowed by MS ;-D
-
Other projects have used volunteer CPU time but never something of this calibre nor potentially something they can get in trouble for, I don't think the US will take this lightly... they have serious beef with wikileaks as it is, they will make/find a scapegoat. Good on wikileaks, terrible video - needed to be shown to the world. I would love to see what happened in the friendly fire cases based on the content of this.
-
Do you think this kind of ban would appear on an eCRB for a member of staff? My concern is... how are we to know as NMs, we probably shouldn't be accessing employee data unless agreed to in contracts, it's down to vigilence of the HR manager? As for students, I don't know how the information would feed back to the school.
-
Braindumps are peoples experiences of examinations in my context and I think jokingly in OPs, for instance, someone may have sat an exam and 'remembered' the questions and possible answers, they report this back to other naughty people and then soon after the naughty people will sit the exam with the knowledge of the exam - the idea is that the questions by MS wont be cycled and likely to be the same. I don't mean dumping your knowledge on an A3 sheet of paper, I mean reading someones recollection of the exam. When people talk about MS exams and braindumps they normally mean the latter on the last sentence.
-
I agree to an extent but it's prohibited to share any MS test info, questions, layout or answers... braindumps aren't allowed :-) Learning a specific answer to a question, e.g, what is 5+5 - you either know addition or you don't, if you just know the answer is 10 when 3+4 is in the test you'll be knackered... certain parts of the MS exams would be similar in principal... in particular subnetting, I don't want people devalue-ing my qualifications because they can remember answers without any idea of how they would get the answer.
-
Braindumps in the context of MS exams can mean something very different. If it's the sharing the questions, question layout of an exam and the answers that is cheating. Reading from a book and learning is very different to a going to an exam knowing the questions & answers because you've memorised them... that's cheating & wont help you learn, maybe a definition of braindump is required.
-
I hope you're kidding about the braindumps...
-
I think posts 10 & 11 may help: Event log error 4201 - ERROR_WMI_INSTANCE_NOT_FOUND
-
That is pretty cool, how did you persuade him to wear the ears? I tried with my cat and it went kung fu on me.
-
I thought it had to be single quotes as opposed to double quotes? e.g, 'uname' Even if it isn't posted it shouldn't error, you can still call the php file when posting nothing - no error but possibly a warning?
-
Unsolicited Bulk Email abuse - Exchange 2003
dwhyte85 replied to rob998's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Was this for every e-mail or just to a specific recipient? -
I remember thinking Compuserve dial-up was 'free' because you did not pay a monthly fee... I didn't realise that I had to pay call charges to the local rate number, parents were not best pleased with the £350+ phone bill Who remembers rushing to dial up to the IC24 free 0800 numbers?
-
http://images.mmorpg.com/images/avatars/picard-facepalm.jpg We get daily requests for the 'portable IWB'
-
Probably shouldn't have posted that... going to get Viagra spam come through with high importance now
-
Found this on devshed, headers should contain: $headers = $headers . "X-Priority: 2\nX-MSmail-Priority: high"; So... $headers = "From: [email protected]" . "\r\n" . "Reply-To: [email protected]" . "\r\n" . "X-Priority: 2\nX-MSmail-Priority: high" ."\r\n". "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" . "\r\n";
