CTIDTech
Members-
Posts
72 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CTIDTech
-
What are you comparing the lists for? We have tools to manage this, mapping any correlation changes and exporting to CSV if required, otherwise this is a big headache and possibly using up your teams time on repetitive non-productive tasks. We used to do this manually, now we can run automatically every 5 mins if we want - (we don't - we do it every day after the MIS is updated). It even manages and creates rules, runs scripts or sends emails etc. based on whatever the action you want to happen.
-
Sign In App:wof: for us!
-
The users have their QR code which when coupled with something they know meets the criteria I think....
-
I think I have shared this before, however we do have MFA for all accounts including students using a PIN or Image with no additional devices or key fobs required. We layer this so primary school children (up to year 4) use an image and all others use a PIN - Staff and admins use their authenticators. We did this through ClassLink as agree with the comments above, a compromised account is still a compromised account and possibly worth a look for some. ClassLink | MFA & Authentication Methods I believe they are also bringing in QR code sign in in to windows machines too (they already do this for chromebooks) with MFA so saving more time and effort from September.
-
Have you looked at Googles Data Studio - Power BI vs Google Data Studio: A Comprehensive Comparative Analysis - Learn | Hevo (hevodata.com)
-
Our kids are issued with a plastic card on them in their wallets which we issue, however the teachers can also print onto paper, card etc and often keep a copy so a user can always get in and saves us a load of admin and time. I personally have the QR code on my phone too. They simply hold them up to the camera on log in and they get straight into the Launchpad which contains all the resources a user needs (this is different for every user group, year, school or even individual and can be tailored) . Upon login, the user is then asked to enter their MFA which is an image for our primary school children and we then move to a PIN for older students (year 5-13). Teachers and Admins use Microsoft Authenticator but I understand any MFA options also can be applied (Yubikey, Google, Text etc which we don't use). So we have a layered approach which suits everyone. - Here is the link - ClassLink | MFA & Authentication Methods
-
I would also ask what data is available (API connectivity/CSV exports etc) and what backend features you get as not as many features as on prem SIMS from a data perspective, which we looked into and this prevented us from moving forward.
-
We lock this down - a can of worms is a polite way of saying what a student may upload!
- 6 replies
-
- microsoft 365
- mis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
We have Chromebooks and users have really engaged with them! Users can authenticate into their CB's using a QR code (Quick Card) and they can then access all their resources using this and MFA. We use ClassLink and I found their help article on this which may shed some light on the process, however in essence - Log in once and all their resources (Google, MS, Custom etc) are all instantly available and no password headaches at all! Logging In to Chromebooks Using ClassLink
-
I looked at gravel bikes....then electric bikes.....then gave up! It could will end up in my shed before going either on ebay or equivalent or to the tip as a rust bucket (as all my other failed biking attempts have done!) I live in a very hilly part of the world and it is these that kill me! In the end I said get fit, lose weight and then aim for a bike, in that order! - I'm on phase one!
-
Yes, two vendors unlinked, therefore two lots of management and subscriptions! We went down the ClassLink route which was an all in one option for us, which saves time, training and money!
-
I was going to ask it who will win the treble this year....but I already know - The brilliant Man City!
-
I agree with Mako - having the data in the MIS in shipshape order prevents many mishaps down the line. We use ClassLink to roster the data ourselves with all our partners (apps etc) and this helps us sense check and validate all the data being shared before sharing any. If the data is not kept correctly or staff don't follow procedures as directed, we can spot this easily and resolve. It is so easy for the team to get distracted or pulled onto other tasks though and I have to remind myself that they didn't do it on purpose!
-
Capital (almost of the Czech republic)
-
Agree! My father in law is 82 and every time football comes on....I get a technical support call to get him where he needs to be.....EVERY TIME!
-
Clever - QR code Sign In for Chromebooks
CTIDTech replied to Planehazza's topic in ChromeOS & Cloud Based OS
ClassLink also offer QR logins for students - well worth a look and support first class. -
SIMS is working for us although we pull the data (daily) and then share the data using a third party to all the apps that need it (also daily). We also create and manage accounts (AD/Azure and Google) from the third party (or middle person) too so no need for the connect element and not required. Now the sync with SIMS is set up, we have no issues and all our users can sign into whatever apps they need even if SIMS is down.
-
I agree, but the system we chose supports multiple SSO options so all apps are possible - some are customised and uploaded too, otherwise we ended up with an SSO platform that only works for some apps but not all which in my opnion defeated the objective of a SSO platform. Therefore depending on the app, some of the apps use SAML, oAuth, LTI and OpenID, some use Azure/AD and/or Google, whilst others are password lockers (parents use this feature) - In short we can add any app to the platform and SSO is achieved and all are supported (even for students) with MFA to log into the platform.
-
We use it and it works seamlessly (Sora) through our SSO platform ClassLink who have a federated SSO with this company - Uses simply click the app from their launchpad and it signs them in I think using a SAML connection. End result - no sign in issues and students and staff happy. Also, we get full tracking data so we know if it is being used or not, something we did struggle with.
-
We had a good time at BETT and some suppliers invited us to various dinners too which we took advantage of! It's always nice to meet them off stand! Transport - no major issues, straight in and out with no questions on either door although my colleague lost her car in the car park! It all looked the same underneath! FOUND IN THE END! Atmosphere, better than last year and much busier and pretty much saw everything we wanted to see. Would I go again - Yes Would I use Bett Connect again - I fear I will have to although not great this year Verdict - 6/10
-
We are using it now and is great for helping students and teachers - The QR log in is what swung it for us.
-
Another one to consider are LEAD IT Services in Derby (they were part of LEAD MAT) and are great!
-
We used ClassLink for SSO for all our schools - All of our accessible programmes (apps links etc) now 'live' behind an MFA wall both for students and staff so we ticked that box. We don't implement conditional as it's just one log in to everything! Seems to keep everyone happy and works for all MS/other products which don't support MS login! Even the catering staff use it to access their f&b ordering supplier site.
-
Or do what we did and use a SSO platform (we chose ClassLink) which removed the need for users to have many passwords at all. One Password for all platforms & supported by MFA for all users inlcuding students. Security was key for us and certainly something to think about and this met the needs for all devices users are utilising whether in school or at home.
