-
Posts
1,112 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mjs_mjs
-
My mum uses Sage for my dads business and for her dayjob. It's nice to install and update, support is good and tbh it looks nice (FMS is stuck in win 95 looks). It's simple to use and flexible. It doesn't do other things like asset register that FMS can do but it's very nice at doing accounts. I can ask me mother for more info/screen prints but she isn't employed in a school!
-
Mental.
-
we're a pioneer skl and are currently undergoing a case study i believe. If you would like to look at our setup u may, PM for details. Min spec for a machine, 3GHz P4 or dual core 2GHz, at least 2 GB ram for all workstations. We have clients with varying specs from 2.4GHZ with 512 RAM, they DIE and take hours (liturally) to login.
-
we have a NAS with an AIT autoloader attached. we do D2D2T; Differential on all server except exchange and sims every night, Full on exchange and sims every night, Full on all servers at the end of every week(Friday). Backup starts in the evening and takes a few hours most to do the backup to disk, replication to tape takes allot longer. we're currently borderline filling the 7 AIT3 tapes. Since installing the D2D2T we're never actually needed the tapes, there really only for disaster recovery now.
-
I doubt this will cause a problem for anyone with XP. In all likelyhood, if they're still using XP they wont need more than 4TB, which is quite easily fitted into a machine using 2*2TB drives. If they need more than this (like me), networkable products will fill this gap in the market.
-
It wasn't long ago there was a competition for who can guess time and date for the 20,000 member, it's not over 23,500. Is there a graph available showing users/time. If not, can I get month by month data from somewhere to create one?
-
hi, I need to move a DC into virtual box. I would like to clone the server in first to make sure it's OK before turning the physical server off. I'm not worried about the performance hit as I'm going from a 500MHz box with 256 RAM to a 2.4Ghz with 2GB RAM and moving from IDE drives to SATA drives. the question i have is - how should i go about cloning the server? Anyone else done this? cheers
-
how do you give more space to 2003 server c Drive
mjs_mjs replied to ful56_uk's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I think if you boot into ubuntu or have a second OS that can access the dynamic disks can change the partition size. I've done it before, but don't remember exactly how. -
We're running 75 IT workstations on cat5e GIG ethernet. No issues. For our new installs we use cat6. Only because, well no real reason. Just because.
-
How much more are they planing to put on one disk, i thought 2TB was enough. from [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS]NTFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
-
But is it snone or Cheap Faulty components causing the issues?
-
[ms office - 2007] visio and one note MSI packages
mjs_mjs replied to mjs_mjs's topic in Office Software
I'm going to attempt to create packages for VISIO and one note now using Winstall LE. Hopefully i wont run into to many errors. -
I guess you'd have to do all that and change details in the Postgress database. Nice, I can see why a rebuild is just as easy.
-
I'm looking forward to trying the win7 image. How did you rename a CC3 workstation and what have you tried in CC4?
-
Better than a timer would be a thermostat attached to it to keep it cool.
-
Fair do's we had this on a few but nothing major.
-
I can confirm this as some accounts i use have passwords set not to expire at the user level, and that overrides the GPO policy.
-
What about using one of those eon power blocks to turn the fans on and off as the pc is on/off. Only problem i see is not being able to remotely turn the PC back on possibly.
-
Yeah we've just signed up for it, and saw that line. Unfortunate as I think schools should be allowed to share there experience in some way - maybe not on this forum, but somewhere. So RM CC4 SR2 will look more and more like vanilla windows. About time. I've know about removing the RM login for some time, but it does have a nice feature of not allowing them to choose the wrong domain or local computer, hence we've kept it. What Gina issues do you have?
-
What about embedding a you tube video or a flash file, I know it possible to do it in other html documents, not sure about within fronter tho.
-
Before we take the plunge into the trial; anyone else in it? If your aloud to give us feedback of what to expect please let me know publicly or via PM. I would like both positive and negative comments please.
-
My guess is that that's win 98 SE, once going it was quite a stable OS. I preferred it to XP when XP came out. It was faster to keep with 98 than go XP.
-
that's a bit like the any key.... there is no any key.
-
The Sun Ray 270 is a client with screen in one jobby. They had them 2009 edugeek stand i think. Looked nice, but dont know what they support.
-
Promissor ESM (EdExel testing) - urgent help!
mjs_mjs replied to BJG's topic in Educational Software
we have run at higher without issues.
