SC-UK Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 I feel like a bit of an idiot having just spent about 30 minutes trying to work out what I had done to my computer that was making Google bigger. Turns out its a Google thing to make the service easier Google Bumps Up Size Of Search Box
elsiegee40 Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 Glad it wasn't just me I changed routers tonight and have had a right battle with getting things sorted... I was so befuddled, I was wondering how on earth changing a router could affect Google!
tech_guy Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 I feel like a bit of an idiot having just spent about 30 minutes trying to work out what I had done to my computer that was making Google bigger. Turns out its a Google thing to make the service easier Google Bumps Up Size Of Search Box Some of the comments at the bottom of the page are funny. TBH I hadn't noticed the change. Bit distracted at the moment with other stuff.
Michael Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 I noticed it too. Thought my page was magnified!
EduTech Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 yeah i also noticed it! thought it was just my work machine having a fit! but then came home this evening to find the same on my laptop! James.
contink Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 Yep... also guilty of thinking ruddy firefox had borked something... Also 45 minutes of twiddling trying to "fix it"...
SC-UK Posted September 10, 2009 Author Posted September 10, 2009 I wonder how many "IT Professionals" from around the world have been scratching their heads at this one! Would love to see the guy at Google who pressed "GO". I bet just loves the amount of torment he is causing
john Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 Whats spookier is Google.com is bigger than Google.co.uk spookey!
FN-GM Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 Whats spookier is Google.com is bigger than Google.co.uk spookey! Both look the same to me.
jamesb Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 I didn't even notice, but then I haven't used Google at all for a few months. Just had a look at it now and honestly can't tell the difference.
localzuk Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 Ahh, explains it. Looks huge on my laptop now, about half an inch high. *Goes to investigate a greasemonkey script to shrink it back down*
R0M Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 Ahh, I was just trying to tweek that about 20 min ago! I was looking at it through Firefox start page (Mozilla Firefox Start Page) and its ok maybe because its cached then i'd go to google it was bigger. I'm glad I found out here other wise I would have spent the next 10min trying Ctrl + MouseWheel Up/Down
enjay Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 On a similar note, has anyone noticed Google.co.uk searches getting worse recently? I've been finding that many of the results are somewhat left of centre, but if I run the same search from .com, I get "normal" results...
plexer Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 I just hate when I'm looking for uk sites and using uk search to still get non uk results. I also thought the text size in my browser had been fiddled with. Ben
SC-UK Posted September 11, 2009 Author Posted September 11, 2009 On a similar note, has anyone noticed Google.co.uk searches getting worse recently? I've been finding that many of the results are somewhat left of centre, but if I run the same search from .com, I get "normal" results... Definitely. It seems to be getting progressively worse everyday, bringing up really oddball search results rather than anything at all relevant!
Michael Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 I wonder that's why Google have patented their homepage? Really makes a lot of sense
Heebeejeebee Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 I like the new size: On the other hand ... it "only allows for up to 2,048 characters in a single query". Which is this much (including spaces): The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the laz I don't know how I'm going to cope! HBJB
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now