-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
Nope, nice and fast here.
-
Much better to move to onedrive for students. We haven't used homedrives for a few years now.
-
We are also moving towards HDMI and USB-A direct to a USB-C dock. Then a short USB-C cable to laptop. Means single cable touch, display and power to all laptops. The hub needs to be powered, but it eliminates all the refresh rate issues from our experience.
-
I can't ever trust a company that has a pricing page that links to a form for a "quote". What are they trying to hide...?
-
I'm looking into the future of classroom AV installs and inspired by this post on Linkedin I'd like to enable 1 cable connections for teachers in classrooms. Has anyone done a project like this yet? Basically I'd just like a teacher to come in with a laptop and plug in a single cable to display on a board, dual screen, charging etc So far I have bought as a test setup: USB-C monitor - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LS34C652VAUXXU-Viewfinity-Monitor-Webcam/dp/B0C8P9Q4YN?th=1 I am also trying some different docks: USB-C Docks https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Revodok-Docking-Station-Ethernet/dp/B0C857NJKX https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CT2R87KY https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0D62D48FH And finally 5M USB cable. 5M USB-C cable - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DCS6TDB2 I'm yet to test all these, just wondering if anyone has tried this? Do USB-C cables have length limits? Any gotchas?
-
Can someone run this connectivity checker on the EU web servers? https://senso.cloud/checkconnection/ And confirm the various IP's on the TURN/STUN are actually down? This may explain the issues people are facing with random connectivity.... I've independently verified they are down using a 3rd party port checked but just wanted to make sure. This probably is why people are seeing bad results as it seems to use a round robin approach. 4.209.43.109 4.209.44.53 are both down and not responding. Strangely enough the Australia IPs are all working 😂
-
So we went ahead at our renewal to go full cloud with the Kyocera solution as we have all printers and copiers with them already. I'm actually reasonably impressed with their cloud service. We had a few teething issues with needing a new app to support multi user logins to the cloud service but other than that its actually worked quite well. Seems to work with pin code or paxton card on the devices and signup can be synced with the users office 365 account so no extra passwords needed. Touch wood its been a success. So nice to turn off the old legacy papercut server... Another one down!! now onto cloud cashless catering
-
Yes I believe its a monolith architecture. There is nothing actually wrong with that, you just need to design the devops stuff to have no single point of failure.
-
Glad to see they finally separated out the API access for syncs. That exponentially causes issues at scale and should never take down the main system. If there is a capacity issue then the API should fail, then the client app, then the server app. And agree about the code optimizations needed, loading full tables of students is the very basic stuff you shouldn't do. Also they need to look at registration data flow. Thumbnails are always an issue but also the traffic it creates on client and server side.
-
So apparently the problem was photos for students in the registration app! I've heard that somewhere before (Looking at you Sims!!) EDIT: Frustrating to see Bromcom trip up on something so obvious.
-
Trying to put a positive spin on it.... This may actually be a good thing for performance which we have complained about for many years. I remember there was a idea on the ideas portal with hundreds of votes to improve the responsiveness. We all warned about this happening when they took on Northern Irish schools but it seemed Bromcom were a little deaf in creating those extra resources and making the system more efficient. I've always worried in particular about all the syncs and long lists the system uses. Now we've had all the start of term drama the system is actually much quicker than before. Hopefully this means a fast responsive system in the future. Using it this morning has been a dream so far. Quicker than ever before.
-
While this downtime is more to do with broken infra (which shouldn't happen as others have point out), you hit the nail on the head about the system as a whole.
-
[bromcom] Bromcom SSO Issue / Slowness
supportman replied to michaeljbrewis97's topic in MIS Systems
https://community.bromcomcloud.com/announcements/post/the-system-will-reset-at-10-30---please-save-your-work-XSgaRfxmDT7THD9 -
[bromcom] Bromcom SSO Issue / Slowness
supportman replied to michaeljbrewis97's topic in MIS Systems
Totally down for us again, they never learn 😕 -
New update for August is out https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/what-s-new-in-new-outlook-for-windows-c4c33813-1e9a-4304-8499-90fe7f164bd1 Glad to see they added some options for hiding shared mailboxes.
-
We moved 5 years ago. It was clear back then and even clearer now. I can't believe any decent IT strategy for a school would include legacy Sims.
-
Good news for upcoming releases..... https://www.windowslatest.com/2025/07/10/removing-microsoft-apps-could-become-easy-in-windows-11-25h2/
-
Wonde, now charging £360 per year but you don't need it.
supportman replied to chazzy2501's topic in Cloud Services
Thanks for this, very underhand.- 54 replies
-
- double dip
- mis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
What RAID setup do you use in your school?
supportman replied to Sonic007's topic in Windows Server 2022
Exactly, I've been championing local storage and a good Veeam instant backup strategy for years. -
How on earth are they getting games to run on those handhelds then haha? Just searched this: I don't really follow gaming but I've had a request from staff to setup a small minimal gaming area. Just looking at options as we don't have space for big PC's.
-
I'd be interested to know if Mini PC's have reached the level to run games at 1080p yet so we can make our setup minimal. Does anyone know if the newer Ryzen chips can play games adequately without a dedicated graphics card and huge power supply?
-
Any Bromcom agents able to chase a job for me please........Sigh
supportman replied to Jaan's topic in MIS Systems
Sometimes with these type of things, its not Bromcom who are the issue, its most likely Google and their API's, but just guessing. -
@JamesWeatherill may be interested in that feedback. Sounds like an easy win for their development team to add a "Select All" check box when editing permissions.
-
Out of interested which one is best? Bromcom or Arbor? Since you have now tested both. I don't understand the Bromcom clunky statement. Setting permissions is 1 click to apply to all for things like admin permissions. I find the bromcom interface very nice to work with to be fair. But I've never used Arbor.
