-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
We started like that an no real problems, only issue was the cost which was about 4k when quoted from EES for NovaT6 on its own. We eventually moved away to Keith Johnsons product and then to the Bromcom cloud native timetabler this year.
-
We use Microsoft Lists, works great and you can even have an image of each machine. Use the asset templates to get started.
-
Classroom Management Options
supportman replied to BassBone99's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I can't ever trust a software suite where they have a dedicated pricing page on their website with just a contact form... 😂 Anyone know how much it actually is? -
Classroom Management Options
supportman replied to BassBone99's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Senso had a difficult migration to v2 but all seems sorted now and working well in our school. -
Yep GoFullPage is amazing, I use it all the time
-
Generally because its safer and easier to build a new server and simply transfer the roles.
-
Great points, I've always loved your product and we use it here (even though we have Bromcom). I'm pretty sure I asked you this about 10 years ago..... Have your views changed on cloud software? I mean your product would be perfect if it was cloud based I think its literally one of the last software products we haven't moved to the cloud.
-
Yeh no issues here, its a very quick update as well due to the features already being downloaded.
-
They had a really rocky period a few months back, but its been great since the latest update and a change on our group policy to prevent user switching. I really like it now.
-
Sign-in Systems - InVentry Concerns - Alternatives?
supportman replied to interslice's topic in Hardware
Sign in app is the only way to go these days, brilliant little app. -
We just use teams these days with DDI numbers, works very well and only handset phone we have is on reception and a few in SLT. Everyone else just uses software.
-
Microsoft: We’re deprecating Office A1 Plus EDU licenses
supportman replied to chazzy2501's topic in Cloud Services
Our just disappeared this week. We are on OVS but used the plus licenses for student local installs. Looking at options but already quoted £2,000 to upgrade to A3 for a small number of staff so we get the 40 student licenses... -
Office 365 "Your School account is no longer active"
supportman replied to supportman's topic in Cloud Services
Yep you are all correct, confirmed with our supplier. Surprised this has not caused more news!! Microsoft have essentially removed the free component of local Office 365 installs for students at home 😕 -
Has anyone seen this before using office 365 local apps? Its started popping up on all our downloaded office 365 installs. Installing 2024 LTC fixes the issue but I would like to know why? The Microsoft license center says all users have "Office 365 A1 for faculty/students". But the plus license version seems to have disappeared which I think may have caused the issue.
-
We are looking at it now, looked very good. They have an offline mode as well in case your internet goes down I believe.
-
Yeh I have issues as well, extremely slow. I assumed because it was using some kind of cold storage.
-
Papercut Hive - The horror story you've been waiting for?
supportman replied to TSheward_MM's topic in Cloud Services
That's a shame, we went with Kyocera Cloud Print for our system and its been fantastic. Works perfectly with shared accounts and is very reliable with no drivers needed to be installed. The only thing it misses is an MSI to roll out rather than an executable installer. Was so nice to get rid of our legacy papercut server. -
Glad we persevered with this actually, its been working very well recently. I think disabling "switch user" on our student desktops helped a lot.
-
Better to use MCAS to take payments, much nicer integrated.
-
Its been fine for months for us. Nice and fast these days.
-
New client has been brilliant so far, seems to work very well. We also stopped users switching in windows which has also helped.
-
We've done a load of upgrades since the deadline. Nice to be upgrading hardware as well as software. We are down to about 10% now on windows 10 and mostly those are classroom machines that we are deciding even if its worth upgrading. Most teachers now have an iPad as well as dedicated laptop with a USB-C connection so hopefully moving towards Airplay or single usb-c connection.
-
I've spoken to our license provider and yes we can buy a year of updates for: Windows 10 ESU Year 1 (2025 - 2026) – Education - £1.00 EX-VAT each That was easier than I thought it would be! Should give us enough time to upgrade the remaining laptops to USB-C capable AMD specs and Desktops to All-in-one's.
-
So... we have upgraded 75% of our 500 machines to windows 11, but are left with a number of machines that are hardware incompatible. What options are available for the remaining 25% still on windows 10 in terms of security updates? Also what are the effects on our cyber essentials certification?
