-
Posts
1,433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICTNUT
-
Axel AX3000 m70 for Lesson Monitor
ICTNUT replied to SwedishChef's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Hi All, Just thght I would give a little bit of feedback and priase for these guys. I have ordered 26 of these little units which I got wednesday last week pre 10:30am and by 3:30pm on that day they were installed, confirgured, secured, tagged and connected to our Server 2008 TS without an issue. The config of the boxes is REALLY easy, there is also an auto config option where you can have the config file sat centrally and the units simply pull it down but to be honest it took us around 20 secs per box to do the config. Well done chaps, I am currently considering another 20 of these for other areas of the school I am that happy with them. If there is only one suggestion I would make and that would be to have a facility to lock the unit to the back of the monitor. There is a VESA compliant mount that comes with this unit but once in place the unit simply sits on the mount and can be removed by anyone, I got around this by using some heavy duty cable ties which will put people off but it would be nice to have this. -
I agree with cadjs, is there any reason why you cannot create adrop downlist with the codes pre populated. This would avoid the requirement for validation completly. If you need code forthe dropdown let me know
-
I'll speak to Ramseys tomorrow as we do have SA on our Schools agreement
-
So this begs to ask the question: Why did Microsoft Clearing allow in the installation of the CALs on the new server since I told them it was a 2008 Server and would be the only TS server? Makes no sense to me.....
-
Hi All, Just did a migration from Server 2003 TS to Server 2008 TS on VMWare and all is good. Called Micrsoft Clearing in order to move the 250 TS 2003 CALS that we have over to Server 2008 and this was all good. Checked this evening only to find that none of the 150 CALs installed on server 2008 are available for use, it's complaining about Server 2008 CALs. Am I not allowed to use my 2003 CALs on 2008 or have I missed something
-
Yes at the moment we have the DBs and the web front end on the same server but I am looking at having 2 Apache VMs and 2 MySQL VMs with the MySQL VMs possibly replicating but I need to look into this abit more. At the moment lets get the front ends running first I maybe back
-
Right Chaps, Need advice on providing faiover for our Ubuntu servers running our VLE. A bit of background: We have our nix setup as VMs on a rather hefty VMWare, Blade, SAN setup which means we would be looking to cluster virtual nix servers. Anyone done it yet? Any pitfalls?
-
TBH if you are after something to sit on top of Exchange and filter then it will cost big time most stuff for exchange does. If you are prepared to put soemthing in front of the exchange server then there are a number of options and I would opt for a VM of sorts as these tend to be free and allow fro trial and error. Good place to look is : Virtual Appliance Marketplace, Virtual Appliances, VMware Appliance - VMware I would take a look at proxmox as this has fairly good filtering. As a second thought are you wanting to stop the email coming in or filter the content i.e. replace words with ******* ? The later would be hard to do. HTH
-
I can concur that this happens to me also on IE7 64Bit and 32Bit AND FireFox. Seems to be when loading Tabs for the forums but also the length of time it takes dependson the time of day also i.e. luchtime always takes longer than late at night. I will not say it takes 4 mins to load but it is definatley longer easily a minute at peak times.
-
Looks like it is just another web frontend for amazon
-
Does anyone know where we can get an MSI for the XP Client Side extensions and also what ever is required to push out printers.
- 35 replies
-
- group policy
- printers
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
IIS does not authenticate against AD directly. In IIS if you goto the properties tab for the website in question and then select the security tab you will then need to edit the security details. If you remove the anonymous access tick and place a tick in the intergrated windows authentication this will then grab the security tokens of the logged in user and that they are an authenticated user. That is the extent of what this does, if you want to go further you can either use NTFS permissions to restrict access to the site or pages or you can do it at the code (ASP/PHP/ASP.NET) level. What are you expecting to happen when this form is submitted? What info are you expecting to gather about the user? What authentication methods are you using? (forms to login, single sign on)
-
You can now download the latest version of My Little Helpdesk from the Customer Area (OP Software) If you do not have a username and password to access this area please email support{at}opsoftware.co.uk as we are still in the process of migrating users over to this new system. A full change log can be found here: Version 0.9.9 Released Any questions you know what to do
-
Here it is the Final showdown not sure I like the outcome though [nomedia]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cjy7yorAhE[/nomedia]
-
Help desk software that also uses Barcode scanning
ICTNUT replied to RChilcott's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Bar coding and asset amangement will be in the March 09 release of the helpdesk, this will be with beta testers inthe next 2 weeks. As far a printing barcodes goes we will have many templates setup for you to print directly to any laser printer provided you have the code 39 font installed. -
for hes a jolly good fellow, for hes a jolly good fellow ......
-
Help desk software that also uses Barcode scanning
ICTNUT replied to RChilcott's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I dont' want to hijack the thread but if you want to ask me anything please feel free to PM me. The guys are correct though the next release will include full asset management including bar code reading. -
Thank you very much I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip the waitress on the wayout....
-
I have just renewed mine and yes it is vista with a downgrade, I have heard nothing about them stopping this and I am sure that we would have by now if they were
-
Make sure that you follow the install instructions fully: https://opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net/viewkb.asp?id=7
-
You are logged into the helpdesk where we no longer update the previous versions. We have a dedicated billing and download site @ OP Software if you do not have a password for this site please log a support request and one will be emailed to you.
-
Well done guys keep up the good work
-
Hi All, The latest version is 0.9.8 with BETA testers having various bits of 0.9.9. If you have a valid upgrade contract then you will need to login to OP Software and simply download it. If you do not have a username and password then please either email [email protected] or log a call on the helpdesk http://opsoftware.ict-helpdesk.net/ As far as LiveAlert is concerned this "was" the email polling application but do to a change of direction this is now being included as part of the helpdesk as standard and will be available with the 0.9.9 release due out soon. BETA tester are getting the Email Polling, Auto Close, and SLA Monitoring this weekend and provided it all works as expected I would look for 0.9.9 coming out mid Dec 08
