Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

buzzard

Members
  • Posts

    430
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by buzzard

  1. It's OK not as flexible as Joomla, I'd leave it to the AST to maintain, it was after all their choice
  2. Any idea when this is happening? I go between about 30 CLEO IP ranges, noone ever remembers to tell me these things! Cheers
  3. AFAIK a letter went out to heads giving them the power to allow to block at individual school level, yes I'm also having issues with "that" filter sticking on checking web site screen
  4. When a user says their computer is broken and it's saying "no signal detected", tell them to turn on the metal box under the monitor, that being the computer
  5. Had mixed dealings with A2Z, my boss used them all the time and the PC's where OK, but when I'd used them the build quality was awful and we had numerous returns, stick now to Dell/HP boxes much better build quality and less issues with returns
  6. I know we used to borrow one of a local college IT support team, it might be worth seeing if a few schools would chip in to buy a fluke tester, that or see if someone rents/hires them?
  7. I'm looking for the 56K modem we have buired somewhere!
  8. Yeah had major issues as I work with the OP, we can navigate to the files on the CD or network location and play them through WMP, even downloaded the camtasia player from the camtasia website which still didn't work. Now on a freshly installed PC not on the network it works, however we'd not made a change on the system for it to stop working. We're just confused as to the root cause of the issue. Tried it as a local admin and network admin on the same PC and it too wouldn't run, so it couldn't be a permission issue? I'm not surprised the support is poor, they appear to be a small company who haven't moved forward with their product very much. All players on the PC's are upto date, flash, shockwave, real player ent, java, quicktime, even VLC player
  9. A quick question really, we have some HP Proliant ML350G6 Servers running Server 2003R2, They have 1 quad core Xeon processor and due to issues we're looking at installing a second processor. One of the team thinks we'll need to reinstall the OS when we do this, but the rest of us haven't heard of this, has anyone on here done this before and did you need to rebuild he OS, the server is currently running SQL 2005 on a workgroup licence if that make a difference. Thanks
  10. we run on a single merged domain that uses the curric scope, so we have no choice, theres no way we'll be swapping to the admin range!!
  11. A simple thing we do is to set the digital cameras to a 640x480 res, it's easily good enough for what they want to use the images for
  12. From speaking with Martin @ Westfield a minute ago, they're planning on the local control sometime in July, not the first of July, the 1st July date doesn't appear on the LGFL filtering site, I'd pointed out that this is what it states on the filter block page, which will be updated to reflect the correct window of July not 1st July
  13. Thats a good idea althoug I wouldn't want use the same login details as facebook for erm... obvious reasons!!
  14. we do D2D2T then swap between schools, the tapes are encrypted so the otehr school cannot read them. We then store theirs, best idea is to buddy up then they are always on a school site as opposed to a staff members private residence
  15. about to start mine in 4 weeks done it all my self inc plans (that students Autocad came in handy) just had the structural calcs done by the proper people, I think I'll have it all done for £15K (Total reroof in this case roof is knackared!)
  16. Yep blacklist the MAC so it doesn't pick up a usable IP on the system, that or remotely change the passwords/disable the local accounts on it so he can't use it at home
  17. I use the HP ProLiant ML150 G6 (AFAIK the G5's are now unavailable? G7's are now coming out) for similar situations, again becareful of RAM and version of Server, we're unable to use x64 versions due to some application software but use Enterprise version (x86) to get the most out of the memory in our machines (6Gb) something like this is what we use with more RAM and HDD chucked in or something like this
  18. Now Chris that isn't like you is it now? What would we do if they closed!!!!
  19. Well there's nothing like taking your ball home, btw love the sig!
  20. I believe that the North West gets hit first as most of it's reserves are in the form of surface stores (reservoirs) as opposed to the rest og the UK that uses ground water. FYI the Belmont res (Wards AKA Blue Lagoon is a private mill pond and not the water boards!)
  21. Excellent hoping for Fuel X2 also with red mirrors , registered in my wifes business name
  22. I think it's a ploy to get the hit count on their site up!
  23. two of my nieces (at diff schools) are also being sent home early, if they can't be collected they can stay in school until the normal time, bet the match is on in the hall, the only time the projector's used
  24. I'd be intrested in how they differentiate between staff and the sec/pri catergories, we run just on the curric range as a merged network, so staff need that level of access, why can't we have an open connetin then just use the smoothwall vbox we bought to do the in house filtering. I do wonder sometimes if these cost savings could be made 'elsewhere'
×
×
  • Create New...