Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

buzzard

Members
  • Posts

    430
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by buzzard

  1. we used the last four of their exam candidate number, this also ensured that they had then allocated from the year dot! plus the student knew their exam number!
  2. I Agree with John, I work for a LA and I directly manage all the PRU's and Medical Units. These are no bigger than the average primary school. there will be no way i can have fantastic managed switches, there isn't a requirement for it. At present I use 3Com Baseline switches these perform just as well as the 3Com 4400 that I used in Big High Schools. perhaps a banded table ie 10-30 pupils spec A, 30 - 100 spec B etc, etc. Yes I can see the need to spec stuff but in has to be graded to meet the schools provision.
  3. At my old school we used a chip system that also tied in with a cashless dinner card system, the cards had the students picture and name on, we could then use this info when they wanted password changes. One thing we also did re password changes was to enable key trusted staff members the rights to change passwords in the students domain, this then became much easier for staff to manage as they didn't have to send pupils to us and loose them for the lesson! (of couse some still did!) If I can remember what the system was called i'll update the post!!
  4. Best way to resolve the "two" connections setting is to set it to disconnect idle connection after X amount of time
  5. After spending a bit of time of getting it all up and working, I found myself dissapointed, with the restrictive nature of the product. You can't use Sharepoint, etc etc. I suppose that is the problem with someone elses automated product... it was made and designed to a specification. now unless your specification meets theirs I would look to doing it yourself. If you are no good with GP, then import theirs through GPMC, this then gives you a basis on which to work. Overall I wouldn't use this, even though it has the nice web admin panel, some might say it's ideal for my job, looking after 30ish units over Lancashire, but it just doesn't tick all the boxes!
  6. For me sins I still know people who work at RM and know schools that are in bed with RM so if anyone needs a hand etc give me a buzz
  7. I play CoD2 Red Orchestra : Ostfront 41-45 Find me online on =EGN= Servers - http://www.egn-clan.com Name =EGN= Buzzard Old games being MOHAA - SH
×
×
  • Create New...