-
Posts
430 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by buzzard
-
There is one but not sure if they're up to lend discs,b ut worth a try, thanks
-
Thanks HodgeHi, I'll have to get the media that way, appreciate the suggestions
-
I have to say the most lazy and clueless people I have worked with in IT all came through the education mill, no common sense and one even asked me how you work out an average, when I asked which average, he just said "are there more then 1?" As said earlier I do have a degree but this was done later in life and it never goes on my CV (not IT Related). It does amaze me when interviewing for jobs the amout of really good "on paper" people there are, up until you ask them a really simple question under interview and they don't have a clue or common sense, and these people have 1st class degrees... as a consequence having a degree in my eyes adds no weight to any application that passes by me, which is ashame to those who really work hard to get them and those who really are good enough to get a 1st
-
Thats the frustrating bit, I know I could get the discs of newsgroups etc but I'd prefer to keep it 'legal' but that looks to be buy a new disc set including licence, 10.6 is fine at £30 but 10.5 (Black Retail discs) (the last one to work on mine) is going on ebay and other sites for in excess of £100-£150 which is too much for me. I used to work at a place with all the discs, I might give them a bell and see what they have
-
I tried that and they'd only sell me 10.6, which after explaining that it wont work on mine as its PPC!!!! I might as well buy a new one (mac mini) at this rate! no doubt the minute I do I'll find the damn disc. All the stuff that came with the mac mini (including paperwork and dvd's etc) are in a storage unit with the rest of the house so it's going to have to wait until we unpack it Thanks for the suggestions anyway
-
IMHO I think people should pay for their degree, it normally produces a better paid job so you recoup your outlay. I have 4 kids and in all honesty I'm not saving anything for them to go in to FE. Since turning 16 I've never had a handout (parents or state) and made my own way in the world, I do have a degree for what it's worth. I did vote conservative and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm sure they can do a better job working with the Lib Dems then labour have done, it's about time people started working together for the greater good of the country rather than bashing the country and how it's "gone to the dogs" If we all worked as hard as people in some of the developing countries we'd be in a much better position.
-
Now why didn't I think of that, i'd really appreciate if someone could lend me a set! trawling ebay makes me weep!!!
-
Ok I'm in a bit of a pickle, I need to rebuild my mac-mini (G4) and I can't find my OS discs, I've 10.6 for the newer mac but obviously it wont go on the PPC in the older mac mini. I'm currently doing some building work and cant find bugger all. does anyone know of a way of getting the old 10.5 discs, i've looked on ebay etc but it's going for over £100! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!Just when you need them!! TIA
-
Did anyone ever find a fix or reason to this, all my PC's suddenly have started doing this! It also does this when using other browsers like FF and Chrome. pastes into paint fine, but nothing appears in word.
-
Another Thanks, Marks great and the Ruckus kit is superb, it sells itself to other schools when they see it doing it's thing
-
Sorry to link off forum but is this what you get, is the event log error the same? - Windows Firewall Service unable to start on Windows 2008 server
-
Procurement Procedure and Audit Management - How do you do it?
buzzard replied to RobFrain's topic in How do you do....it?
@Plexer out of intrest what Helpdesk do you use that has the inbuilt asset management, I'm currently after one! Back on thread, we do similar, any item that hits the bursar/finance team if it's classed as remotely ICT it's passed through us to make sure they're buying the correct item/it's not already in school. All departments now know they can't get things passed now and usually come to us for advice before buying. -
Smartboard won't stay oriented
buzzard replied to LeightonJames's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've had one fixed under warranty for this issue, early 600 series one, they do charge £100 for call out, it's that or RTB with the Smartboard. NIce if you read the small print! -
Not good when you're using it to replicate AD traffic! Try getting AD ports opened through the firewall team!
-
You'll find the panels inside the projectors are deteriating and this is what is causing your problems. I'd start looking at a rolling program to swap them out, keep back the better ones for when ones still in service pop.
-
I'd go with the above, stick it in their own VLAN and SSID then route through a more stringent filter, well at least pass these logs on the 6th form head
-
I'd build it big enough so you can easily have access to all sides of the racks, a load of CO2 extinguisers in and one by the door (or just in your door!) You shoudl have fire detection equipment ion each room if it's a pubilc building. I'm not sure which you'd need for a server room as a heat detector might well go off!!! (well might serve a purpose if the aircon stops!!)
-
just play it through iplayer????
-
3"x2" is a standard stud wall (50x75mm timber) infill with acoustic rockwool NOT Thermal (ie not loft insulation). board with 12.5mm Plasterbard preferably Duplex (foil backed) which prevents moisture crossing the wall. the skim (plastering to most people!) and the two layers of 12.5mm plasterboard would give you a 30min fire wall (needs to extend above any false ceiling. This I believe would be notifiable to Building Control to ensure it's safe as it's in a public building. Thats why a contractor would charge the £3,000. I've done a fair bit of construction work and I tend to do things like this in house due to cost issues but would always recommend it being done correctly. If you're no plasterer and there's no need for the 30min fire wall then buy T/E (tapered Edge) plasterboard and you just fill the joint and paint! Oh and agree with Andrew C dont buy the PAR (planed all Round) wood from B&Q, best go to a timber merchent (most will take a school PO) and ask for PSE (Planned Square Edge) or CLS (Canadian Lumber Size) timber, it should be C16 Strength graded if it's decent wood!
-
if your laptop will plug into a usb port replicator it shoudl work, I've a guy at work who does the same, dosn't use the laptop screen (broken) but hooks upto two monitors (VGA and DVI)
-
[for sale] Large amount of Surplus Inks and Toners.
buzzard replied to Inteltech's topic in Classified Adverts
Sorry can I clarify are these for sale or FOC? -
I'd love my sons school to do something similar, I'd be through their security in no time (I can pick up the wireless from my attic!! oh dear they use WEP!!). I suppose if you are that sure it wont do you any harm, one thing is you dont know what they do (someone might work at the LA and go straight through )
-
[website] Bit OTT don't you think this web site ?
buzzard replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
bloody hell, make sure your speakers aren't on full whack after listening to the mew manics album!!! ended up turning it off far too long winded, but highly ammusinG! -
try finding the GUID of the gpo, then nav to the folder on your backup and just restore that folder with the GUID name... Thats if I understand it correctly!!
-
Proxy exceptions for IE group policy
buzzard replied to ict_support's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
we tend to do 10.* then any other site/IP thats internal that doesn't need the proxy.
