Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ditto

Members
  • Posts

    6,219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ditto

  1. What!!! I did that for AQA personally about 20 - 30 years ago. It was a fun project. I think OMR had been done long before then . Maybe I should enquire about consultancy rates!
  2. Sorry, I can't put this politely, but that's utter tosh. At school age, teaching the theory is a valuable part of education. Put pupils in front of a full stack development environment at the outset would alienate many.
  3. Search on Edugeek for "VirtualBox" - lots of advice there. I haven't used it but https://sqliteonline.com/ might be worth a look.
  4. I've just bought shares in Beiersdorf. I believe they are due to have a surge in sales. Perhaps you're not sure what this is doing in this thread - this will explain?
  5. Yep, saw that too. I know historically interest rate rises were a key technique to put downward pressure on runaway inflation, but at this point in time with the national and global circumstances we are in, I'm not convinced it'll have the desired impact. Wishing to remaining non-political, but commenting on financials, I suspect the rise will just add to the struggles of those in the lower pay ranges and have minimal impact the better off.
  6. Hospital admission numbers from gov site show below 1000 per day for last two days of April. This is the lowest since mid December 2021. I'll be keeping an eye on that figure to see if it drops a further.
  7. Sounds promising - just gotta love Edugeek for this sort of thing!
  8. Do you recall if there were installer downloads available were ever available on a website? It's a long shot, but I once tracked down an installer via Wayback machine. Alternatively, there are a number Corero Resource 32000 references in older edugeek threads - maybe you could try PMing some of the posters who might not otherwise see this thread.
  9. Have you approached them and pointed out the issue and asked for a date as to when they will address the situation? Rather amusingly, searching for "security tls" on their website shows quite a few hits where TLS is mentioned in the schemes of work, so presumably they could reach out to someone to point them in the right direction.
  10. Have a look at codeclub.org - not an immediate solution but maybe you can get assistance from a volunteer too.
  11. Does anyone know how far the StoneKing activity progressed?
  12. I wonder if that's from the 'every little helps' store?
  13. It's useful to hear from those that haven't too. Our household hasn't changed much, except I nag the kids more about wastage. We've dropped a second phone line, but that's mostly because we switched to FTTP and 900 is multiple times the combined 75 we had before! We went full BT package to match what we had before at about £20 less per month and got Netflix on top. We saved a lot of planned expenditure over lockdowns due to no overseas holidays, both incomes remained and some minimal travel costs disappeared. I get the feeling the current crisis is accentuating the differences between low/lower mid level pay workers and upper mid to high incomes. It in many ways mirrors the picture with many disadvantaged children in schools - neither of these is a good thing for national well-being.
  14. Oooh - I need to check mine as I believe I was with the some provider as you that collapsed and it all went to EDF - that would be lucky if fixed at lower prices.
  15. This perhaps overlaps a couple of other threads, but with the current rate of inflation and low pay increases, there are many stories of people cutting back - media streaming services like Netflix that grew rapidly in lockdowns being a big one. Have you cut back on anything specific yet or expect to over the next year?
  16. Yesterday's was super tough! Got today's in 19. Probably too hard/time consuming to do every day.
  17. Eggscellent and many thanks! They are on there way to our our schools and community support teams. Have a great Easter everyone!
  18. Another vaccine approved. It's a more traditionally developed vaccine, using a deactivated full virus. Apparently outperforms AZ in some ways.
  19. Purely out of curiosity, but would [***] achieve the same as [*] [*] [*] - if not, why so?
  20. I wonder how much if the data on https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ is of real use now. Certainly the number of tests taken and the number of cases reported is less informative post April and with the coming bank holiday, 4 days of data will be blurred in to one update on Tuesday. I would suggest only the Healthcare and Deaths data is truly informative with the vaccination numbers perhaps only warranting a weekly update.
  21. An old favourite Easter joke from my childhood. What do you get if you pour hot water down a rabbit hole during Easter - A HOT CROSS BUNNY! I won't be eating the eggs personally, I will passing them to a colleague to add to the Easter egg distribution that our charity does every year to the children and young people we support - and yes, I do want that to influence your decision making
  22. Just back from Norway and from a covid perspective it was 'interesting'. Plane of about 300, I'd say about 5 - 10 masks. Bus with 80+, maybe a couple. Daily buffet breakfast and evening meals, shared serving utensils - mask wearing at the buffet bars, maybe 1 in 100. Using the hand sanitisers - I didn't see anyone use one all week. Plane back, maybe 3 - 5 mask. The skiing was lovely, but with the coughing and spluttering, those numbers means a good few are pumping out the virus. I can only presume it is weariness or a belief we have reached a level of herd immunity and low enough death figures. In the UK, when hospital admissions on 30th March were only exceeded previously in December 2020/January 2021 and the original surge in April 2020, there feels like there is a disconnect of some sort. Delay of about an hour on landing at Heathrow due to staff shortages. I can only hope we are moving downwards as some are suggesting. Tested negative this morning, will try again midweek.
  23. I thought it fair to update. I decide to sign up with Nord, but a constantly flicking cursor at payment point put me off so I went ExpressVPN. It's been mostly faultless and have managed to watch Spurs beat Newcastle and Arsenal lose to Crystal Palace via NOWTV - double win in my eyes, both in high quality picture quality! Both times picture quality seemed to drop after about an hour. Not sure why, but on the second time I disconnected, re-started and all was good after. Not sure if the laptop was running hot and throttling or something to do with the VPN, but it resolved the problem. Worth pointing out the hotel WiFi is running at 40 Mbps which is pretty impressive I think! Might try some late night Euro matches tonight. I think I can cancel FoC under 7 or 30 day, but might stick with it for Summer hols and to feel I'm being fair! *** EDIT - BT TV APP doesn't seem to work - it grumbles about VPN ***
  24. I guess there is the possibility of having had it in the past asymptomatically? If mask wearing reduces exposure to viral load and reduces passing it on, the downsides are minimal. There were studies investigating regular low level exposure could help immunity, but I don't know if any conclusions were drawn.
×
×
  • Create New...