-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
http://www.skinnersacademy.org.uk/vendors/userfiles/uploaded/files/Downloads/Recruitment/ICT%20Tech%20with%20Music%20and%20AM.pdf I know the Headteacher there, very nice person! new build, looks lovely!
-
I believe its better for create VLANS based on devices not rooms, I did this at my place: VLANS: CLIENTS (WIRED) CLIENTS (WIRELESS) CASHLESS (CANTEEN SYSTEM) VOIP (PHONE SYSTEM) PRT (PRINTERS) MGMT (SWITCHES) VID (IP TV SYSTEM) SVR (Servers) We have a nice layer 3 HP ProCurve Switch 5406zl (J8697A) core.
-
Installed on 4 Servers, 1 Desktop and 1 Laptop so far, all installed fine but takes a while.
-
I wrote a VB script which takes a list of computer names from a text file which shuts all workstations down at 21:00, just create a task in schedule - if you want a copy let me know.
-
I've just done 1 server with SP1 and installed fine.
-
server migration 2003-2008, advice needed
IanT replied to jjohnsoncantell's topic in Windows Server 2008
No you wont.- 35 replies
-
- 2008
- controller
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Very Nice! but I wish!
-
Network Manager - St. John's CEP School Tunbridge Wells
IanT replied to gotenks1321's topic in Educational IT Jobs
where u off too man! -
We dont have much cable management in the cabs are we have very short patch cables, got a company who makes them for us, looks alot better than longgggg cables stuck down the side etc.
-
I've always used Viso, just done an entire building with visio creating the cab layouts.
-
I've got a HP ProCurve 1810G last year brand new and not had any problems, I always update to the latest firmware\software on the switches, have you done this? I also run HP in the work place, love the stuff!
-
We changed all our switches out last year from a mix of 3Com and some horrible unmanaged switches to full HP ProCurve switches and implemented VLAN's, mix of 2910al, 2510G, 2610, 2510 and we brought a core HP PROCURVE 5406ZL - everything runs so much better now, in the core I have 2 fibre modules and 2 copper modules.
-
Someone has been offered it I found out today.
-
I don't think they did to be honest, I was very surprised we didn't find anyone with the pay!
-
I used to have a web site on freeserve...........back in the day
-
In my last place the previous NM was backing up too a 1Tb USB 2.0 disk and backups were failing, overrunning, taking about 100+ hours..........binned it got a tape drive and got the backup down too 8 hours. I also implemented a Backup2Disk which ran after the tape to a couple of SAS disks. As above I bet its the USB disk, would never backup hundred and hundred of gigs to a USB disk on a large network.
- 6 replies
-
- backup exec
- external hdd
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
look at the job logs and it will tell you where things are taking long. How does your backup operate atm, does it backup direct to the USB drive?
- 6 replies
-
- backup exec
- external hdd
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I've always gone for VMWare, I have done a couple of installs of Hyper-V (installing on bare metal systems)
-
"Just A Bunch Of Disks" (JBOD)
-
Apply go for it.
-
I would have to ask the correct person, I don't see why not.
-
Data Manager Job going at my place. Vacancies Data Manager £30,345 - £35,055 Full time (37.5 Hours per week) Closing date: Monday 31 January 2011 Interviews: Thursday 3 February 2011 We seek an outstanding and proactive individual with experience and drive to be our Data Manager. The postholder will undertake a wide range of duties as set out in the job description. Primary responsibilities are to manage the academy Management Information System (design, development and organisation) maintain the CMIS database, input data and produce data analysis reports. This is a key role for the effective running of the academy. We are part of the highly successful Harris Federation of South London Schools and share our practice with other federation academies such as Harris City Academy Crystal Palace and our partner boys’ academy in East Dulwich. We have a multi-million pound building approaching completion, rising standards, a varied curriculum and a strong team of staff. Our sixth form is part of the Harris federation joint sixth form and serves both boys and girls in East Dulwich, offering 400 places over two sites. Harris Federation staff enjoy an attractive benefits package including medical insurance, loyalty and performance bonuses, staff discounts. All application forms should be sent back to the Reception Office, Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich, Homestall Road, London SE22 0NR. Short listed candidates will be telephoned and invited to attend interview. The Harris Federation of South London Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
-
800 Students 150 Staff with 1x ICT Manager 1x Data Manager
-
my dad has a massive tattoo on his back, think it cost him £5 back in the day!
