-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
ICT Technician - Springwood High - Norfolk
IanT replied to ChrisN-0123's topic in Educational IT Jobs
True I suppose, its very hard to come by good pay NM jobs in norfolk.......... Anyway, i'll stop there as we are talking pay here. End! -
ICT Technician - Springwood High - Norfolk
IanT replied to ChrisN-0123's topic in Educational IT Jobs
*picking my self off the floor!*...........65 Servers for a school is very excessive! I hope the pay for the network manager is good for the amount of servers he has to look after! -
anyone about tonight who could help me with slow logon problem?
IanT replied to cheeseslice's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Need more details on your setup -
Reason you most likely got a knock back was because you have no credit history, how does the lender know your a good customer to pay there money back?
-
network manager; bexleyheath SE London/NW kent.
IanT replied to mjs_mjs's topic in Educational IT Jobs
so the networks a bit of a mess then :-P -
As long as you know what your doing and doing it correctly you wont run into any problems. If you do transfer FSMO roles always check the event viewer for errors and make sure replication is working happy, there a pretty neat application called NetIQ ADCheck and Dovestones Software: FSMORoles which will check where your FSMO roles are.
-
New Server preparation and network layout
IanT replied to jamin100's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
I would set it up like with a couple of DL380 G7's: Server 01 : Domain Controller, DHCP, DNS (with FSMO roles etc) Server 02: Management Server (Ghost, WDS, AV, Backup, Hyper-V) Server 03: Secondary DC (Hyper-V) Server 04: CMIS Server (Hyper-V) Server 05: File Server I wouldn't put too much on a DC, just have 1 pure DC (with FSMO roles etc) and then another secondary DC. -
Using Backup Exec 2010 to backup more than 1 server
IanT replied to a topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Yeah, you need the agents, im sure there is a license adviser tool when you install BE 2010 -
64-bit here and have been from XP 64-Bit days.
-
I just use a VB Script to run @ 21:00 via task scheduler, not tried on macs.
-
cant install exchange sp2 on clustered mailbox server
IanT replied to imiddleton25's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
How did you fix it, please share -
if you run gpresult how many GPO's are loading? Its amazing how many GPO's people create for 1 site (school), I think the most I've ever seen is 95 GPO's! when really they needed about 15!
-
We have 2Gb (2x 1Gb Fibre Connections) going to each edge switch on-site with spanning tree enabled.
-
2510, 2510G are good HP switches, have a number of these I've setup over the past 2 years, been good
-
I posted this in the WRONG! thread! sorry!
-
VLANS is the way to go.
-
I've used HP Wireless Solutions in my current role and last job. HP ProCurve 760 Mobility Controller & HP ProCurve MSM422 Access Point Solid as a rock!
-
I've used HP Wireless Solutions in my current role and last job. HP ProCurve 760 Mobility Controller & HP ProCurve MSM422 Access Point Solid as a rock!
-
Which public school is it in croydon? (curious!)
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Never a good idea having it all in your head, always document it, many times I've again walked into schools and still do and I ask for all documentation only to be told....... its all in my head, my next question is...........what happens if you drop dead tomorrow?..........
-
I've always found Sophos to be okay, never had any problems. Now Symantec Anti-Virus (corporate edition, not home!) USED to be a good product until it all changed to SEP! (EndPoint)...............
-
I use spreadsheets for everything to record all Static IP Addresses\VLANS etc
-
+1 Managed! Always use managed switches on a medium\large network. Many times I've walked into schools where there running un-managed switches all over the place, just sends a shiver down my spine!
-
I have FSRM at one of my sites I setup, very handy indeed.
-
You and your big toys John! You'll have to let me visit when its all in!
