-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
I've worked on many solutions which dont require 10Gb backbone - overkill still in my book, i've seen and worked with many networks which could handle that without 10Gb bb.
-
Backing up your data - what's the best method?
IanT replied to boolyn's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
In my previous place we were running Backup Exec, jobs would run to disk then duplicate to tape - worked well. -
Simples: GP Preferences: Add a new printer, set as default - Group Policy Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
-
Is it fully windows updated, proliant service packed, firmware updated?
-
10Gb backbone is over doing it in my opinion! - a school doesnt need it!
-
Deputy IT Manager - Drayton Manor High School (West London)
IanT replied to dsk's topic in Educational IT Jobs
40!! dear me, crazy! -
Deputy IT Manager - Drayton Manor High School (West London)
IanT replied to dsk's topic in Educational IT Jobs
20 Servers?!?!!?!? - Jesus! -
Please private message me for more details.
-
Chaps - I urgently require a temporary IT techie for 1 month or more, maybe going on perm. The site is an Academy, running Full HP ProCurve, Managed HP Wireless, HP ProLiant, HP Workstations, HP Laptops, EasyTrace System, Mixture of 2003\2008 Server, 600 Desktops, 400 Laptops, 200 Netbooks, VOIP Phone System (Cisco), Office 2007, XP Professional. Future plan to move over to Windows 7 and Office 2010 next year. Any questions please message me!
-
netgear unmanaged switches - oh dear!
-
Only one problem with that picture, i see netgear boxes in the back ground!.............
-
I wouldnt ever recommend using software RAID! - too many horror stories i've heard. If anyone is interested im selling a Dell PowerEdge 840 with Core 2 Duo, 8Gb RAM, GIG LAN, Hardware RAID Card, 4x 250Gb disks.
-
netgear dg834n is a decent model
-
What a sad day for the Technology industry, im not a massive apple fan but you cannot deny he changed the technology world - very Intelligent man, R I P Steve!
-
I use PCL6 Drivers
-
:Dell PowerEdge 840: Intel Xeon 3050 2.13GHz 4.0Gb of DDRII RAM PERC 5/i Adapter 1x 230Gb SATA HDD (System Drive) 3x 1Tb HDD in RAID5 (1.81Tb) (Data Drive) DVD-ROM Drive Service Tag: F6PF53J Open to offers!
-
[wanted] PC, Laptops, Servers - all things considered
IanT replied to ccp's topic in Classified Adverts
Hi, I have a server for sale: :Dell PowerEdge 840: Intel Xeon 3050 2.13GHz 4.0Gb of DDRII RAM 1Gbps NIC PERC 5/i Adapter 1x 230Gb SATA HDD (System Drive) 3x 1Tb HDD in RAID5 (1.81Tb) (Data Drive) DVD-ROM Drive Service Tag: F6PF53J open to offers! -
Experienced Network Engineer £30 - £35k, Middlesex
IanT replied to Abaddon's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Looks like a very good role! a question, why is there a 3rd party? -
I would beef the spec up a bit if your planning on running SBS 2011! Processor needs to be at least dual core (quad if poss!), more ram, more disk space! Is there a budget?
-
This is interesting...........I work with a colleague who used to work in the IT there......i'll ask him tomorrow, i do get the impression its an "interesting" place to work!
-
:System Spec: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz 6MB L3 8Gb of RAM DDR III 1Tb SATA III with 64Mb Cache GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 GA-890FXA-UD5 DVD-RW Drive SATA Blu Ray Drive SATA (Reader) Sound Blaster Xtreme PCI ATI HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Full Size Tower (6 months old) Plus comes with 17" tft screen :Please Note: I am selling this computer as i am building a brand new Intel Core i7 system, most parts are new, everything works great! case is in good condition!! Runs MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit but comes with no OS. I am looking for about £450 for all this!
-
Just disable the shutdown option in group policy - did this at my last place, simples
-
If people are going down the visualization route, I always say "do it properly" - I class a visualization system which is FULLY redundant. visualization is great but I've seen so many companies rush to do visualization but with no failover systems as all your servers are in one box!
-
i dont use any software, i use a simple batch script which logs logons and logoffs for users to a text file.
