Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. The vacancy link doesn't seem to work
  2. 24 Ports
  3. If anyone out there has a spare or willing to sell a Cisco 3550 I would be very interested!
  4. HP ProCurve Manager is an excellent product! but does cost a bit!
  5. At one of the sites I look after we transformed there servers to Virtual, DC, Apps, Mgmt using Hyper-V on ProLiant DL380 G7
  6. Make\Model of Servers? I would go along the lines of: 2x Servers 2x intel xeon 6c cpus 48gb ram 2x300gb sas 4x600gb sas Both servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with Hyper-V in a Failover Cluster. Hyper-V Virucal Machines: DC01, DC02, MGMT01, MGMT02, APPS01, MIS01 ------------------------------ 1x Server 2x intel xeon 6c cpus 48gb ram 2x300gb sas 4x900gb sas This server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard as a File Server take out most of the ram and stick it in the server below (mail server), file server really doesnt need alot! (4Gb MIN!) ------------------------------ 1x Server 1x intel xeon 4c cpu 8gb ram 6x 600gb sas This server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard as a Mail Server (Exchange Server 2010)
  7. cor this is a old post, i'll try and dig it out!
  8. try this guy: WESecureU Limited - Computer Consultancy Services - highly recommended
  9. Virtual CloneDrive I've used for years!
  10. bump bump bump! Applications close Monday!
  11. Can anyone recommend a pci-e low profile sound card?
  12. We use Lync and SharePoint across all academies, there's a number of systems we share and alot of innovation goes on, thats just one of the reasons why we are the best performing bunch of academies in the country.
  13. Going by your Profile your a ICT Technician and they dont have full control of a network?
  14. I've got Windows 7 on a 2003 R2 domain fine
  15. I find this one better: Conficker Detection | McAfee Free Tools
  16. Hey Michael - how are you! - you was at beckenham during the summer with me, remember?
  17. Nephilim - You forgot to say you would be working with the wonderful me!!!!!! Hope your doing well chap! keep smiling! Thanks
  18. Salary Grade 4 £22,422 - £24,819 Full Time (37.5 hours per week) Required for as soon as possible Closing date: Monday 23 January 2012, 10am Interviews: Monday 30 January 2012 We seek an outstanding ICT Technician with talent and drive to work in partnership with the Harris federation ICT team to provide day to day technical support on our campus. You will work alongside a federation Cluster Manager and under the technical leadership of the federation ICT Director. Vacancies - Harris Girls Academy Application Form Job description (to be uploaded shortly) Any questions PM me!
  19. I brought my first telescope last year for about £300 - my pride and joy and its at my in-laws house in Norfolk, better skys up there I think I jumped the gun and just got a decentish one for £300ish, i'll dig out the model as i cant remember it off the top of my head, its simular to this: Get your self some good books on telescopes, i got some off ebay
  20. Happy New Year! I'm off to bed!
×
×
  • Create New...